Behringer Class D DSP amps

Mojo Warrior

• Reality Star
Behringer Class D DSP amps
« on: 31 Jan 2015, 05:22 pm »
Does anyone have experience using the Behringer Class D amps with DSP (i.e. the iNuke series) in a home stereo environment? Potential to be a power amplifier budget champ?

Oscillate

Re: Behringer Class D DSP amps
« Reply #1 on: 8 Apr 2015, 04:04 am »
Yes. I have the iNuke6000DSP. Purchased it to power two 18" passive subwoofers.
I used it as a stereo amplifier for a couple of months just after I bought it for two
reasons: 1) To make it sure it worked properly while the 'no hassle 45 day return
policy' that Parts Express has would be in effect if it failed quickly 2) To connect to
the iNukes DSP via my PC and become familiar with it's menu & settings.

Regarding the sound quality for home stereo use ...no, I don't advise it. The higher
frequencies are rounded off. Not that it sounds bad at all. In fact it sounds quite good.
It's just that when you replace it with any other quality amplifier in the component
chain the lacking top end becomes obvious. It's midrange and bottom end are nice.
I have heard that the Crown XLS series (1500 and up) do have a good top end though.
In fact there are several Internet forum postings describing it's use for home stereo
...all positive.

Mojo Warrior

• Reality Star
Re: Behringer Class D DSP amps
« Reply #2 on: 12 Jul 2015, 09:12 pm »
I am currently running a Crown XLS 2500 full range into modded ESS AMT-1 Towers. I was thinking of bi-amping them and using a Behringer iNuke 1000DSP for the woofer and crossing over to a Carver TFM-6C powering the AMT at around 800Hz.