BDP-2 Display Issues

Pundamilia

BDP-2 Display Issues
« on: 20 Oct 2016, 03:20 am »
The front display of my brand new (purchased July 2016) BDP-2 locks up (i.e. artist and title information is not in synch with the actual music playing). After a few minutes, the display just shuts off. The music continues to play normally. This has occurred several times now. Has anyone else had this occur in their equipment? @Bryston folks: Do I need to send this back to the factory for repair?

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
Re: BDP-2 Display Issues
« Reply #1 on: 20 Oct 2016, 10:46 am »
The front display of my brand new (purchased July 2016) BDP-2 locks up (i.e. artist and title information is not in synch with the actual music playing). After a few minutes, the display just shuts off. The music continues to play normally. This has occurred several times now. Has anyone else had this occur in their equipment? @Bryston folks: Do I need to send this back to the factory for repair?

Hi

The display is on a timer which you can set.  Not sure on the lack of sync? - I will let Chris respond.

james

tie_breaker

« Reply #2 on: 20 Oct 2016, 02:12 pm »
Hi Pundamilia, my dbp-2 is fairly new as well and if I leave it idle for a while the display turns off. If I then start playing music again it stays off. Note I am streaming via Roon.
thx..

Pundamilia

« Reply #3 on: 20 Oct 2016, 10:58 pm »
I don't think this is normal "timing out". Mine exhibits this behaviour even when I am actively playing music on it, that is how i know that it is out of synch with what is being played. After it times out, it doesn't start up again.

Any explanation/solution is highly welcome.

drummermitchell

« Reply #4 on: 21 Oct 2016, 12:08 am »
Interesting,
mine has been on 24/7 for however many years an no problems...except she'll freeze up and I just power it down and unplug for 30 secs or so and refire and she's good to go.

Pundamilia

« Reply #5 on: 22 Oct 2016, 04:37 am »
Hi

The display is on a timer which you can set.  Not sure on the lack of sync? - I will let Chris respond.

james

I've given up on expecting a response from Chris, as I have heard nothing on previous technical issues that I have raised in this forum and also on the Bryston company forum. I am hoping that someone else on this forum can provide some direction.

Bryston support is not what it used to be - a weighty factor in previous audio equipment purchases, but also a consideration for future ones.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #6 on: 22 Oct 2016, 10:34 am »
I've given up on expecting a response from Chris, as I have heard nothing on previous technical issues that I have raised in this forum and also on the Bryston company forum. I am hoping that someone else on this forum can provide some direction.

Bryston support is not what it used to be - a weighty factor in previous audio equipment purchases, but also a consideration for future ones.

Hi

Sorry for the delay - please contact Gary Dayton and he will assist.  gdayton@bryston.com

james

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #7 on: 22 Oct 2016, 01:13 pm »
Hi

Spoke to Gary this morning and he is waiting for your email

James

Pundamilia

« Reply #8 on: 22 Oct 2016, 10:01 pm »
Thanks, James

I will be in touch with him. Perhaps he can assist with my other issues as well.  :D

Anonamemouse

• +52° 03' 30", +4° 32' 45"
« Reply #9 on: 25 Oct 2016, 09:07 am »
Try Bluesound support... Anyone too critical or too direct in pointing out the painful areas is simply banned. No warnings, nothing. Just an announcement when you attempt to log on.
James is ALWAYS here. He may not always have the time for an immediate response, but (eventually) he does make things happen.