Shortages in... UPDATE...

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
Re: Shortages in...
« Reply #20 on: 10 May 2014, 04:30 pm »
Dave

While we're at it, should the UberBuss be sent back for any sort of maintenance?  New caps or???
Jason,

Nope.  The caps I use are Type X rated at 300,000 hours duty life.  I have them made for this application.  That is in excess of 30 years.  The owner (whoever that may be - Lifetime Transferable Warranty) can send it back when it goes tits up.  One of my heirs will handle the warranty.   :lol:  Anything short of that... I'm your guy.

I can do minor changes like receptacles and inlets if needed.

D

Captainhemo

« Reply #21 on: 10 May 2014, 05:46 pm »
WireNut

Like others mentiioned, with Daves full money back guarantee including shipping costs,  he is giving  you the opportunity to  find out what conditioning can do for your system  :thumb:

I was  pretty much in the same  boat when I ordered my minibuss, heck, I didn't really even think I had much noise in my system but had read so much  about the improvements  a good power conditioner could provide,  I  just had to try one. I did try a cheaper  conditioner I got from Costco , but after having some parts missing in the  box and then a nightmare dealing with the manufacturer ( a big brand name btw) , I returned it and contacted Dave. The "costco" unit did  make some impovement but there is no comparing what it  did   as opposed to what the min has done.  Night and day difference.  The transformation is truely impressive.

After now witnessing the difference  PC can make, I would say  every system  should be  based   upon one.

Just my $.02  I know,   but  without any risk,  order one up  and find  out for yourself  my man   :thumb:

-jay

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
« Reply #22 on: 10 May 2014, 05:47 pm »
dbe,

Understood.

Still, I have no idea what power conditioning can do for my system.

Money's tight, Audio's my passion.

I'll be in touch. Might be a month, might be six, but it's in the cards.

Feel free to PM me anytime.

Steve

Hello, Steve.

I've been reading this thread as it has progressed. If I may add a comment here.....

I am a brand spanking new UberBUSS owner--it arrived on Thursday! This is my first time owning a power conditioner BTW. I had decided to order my unit on a leap of faith after reading more than a few testimonials, chatting with Pete of Triode Wire Labs (when I ordered a power cord from him), and after chatting with Dave. I have not read or heard anyone nay say his BUSSes. I'd originally intended to buy the MiniBUSS, but went for the UberBUSS with the cryogenically treated P&S receptacles instead because I didn't want to suffer from the "what if I had bought...?" syndrome. [Okay. I wanted to spoil myself.]

Spoil myself I have! Right away there was a huge difference in the background noise. I've posted about it in this thread: http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=125810.0

so I won't repeat myself here.

Once you have the money, give the Mini (or Uber) a try. It will be money very well spent.

Michael

doctorcilantro

« Reply #23 on: 18 May 2014, 07:32 pm »
Dave,would love to get my hands on a humbuster as I have major problem with DC getting past a PS Audio P3 and Emotiva CMX-2. I'm on 110v.Let's talk!

Since I am pretty much an open book in my pricing here you go:

I have been buying P&S 5362ABK from Gexpro in Albuquerque for $13.75 ea.  I sell these cryoed for $25.00.  They sound amazing for the price.  I have ordered quite a few at $23.19 to try to fill existing orders.  Sucks.  I work on a very low profit margin building the very best product that I can.  That's why my $1100.00 UberBUSS kicks the crap out of some very high price power conditioners in SQ.  I work (slowly - at best) carefully to produce the best sounding product that I can to serve a real world market and still make a living.  I don't plan on getting rich in this wacky business.  That is for other people.

I had no idea that Gexpro was going to drop the line.  The other local suppliers of P&S/LeGrande have vanished... numbers disconnected,,,  I have calls and emails into what are supposed to be regional distributors/wholesalers and have heard nothing back from the sales reps that are supposed to "service" this region.  I can't even buy the P&S 5362 Spec Grade receptacles that I use as standard fitment on the BUSSes locally.

I am either going to have to go to the next best thing for the BUSS-Line or increase my pricing to cover manufacturing costs.  I have sucked it up and absorbed too much in the cost increase continuum that exists.  I can't keep building what I build for the $$$ any longer.  If I weren't the picky bastard that I am it would be easy................................... ....................................... ....... .

Oh yeah.  Shipping options suck, too.  USPS is the least expensive way for me to ship.  2 Day Priority Mail?  Ha!  Not in my universe... 

I have a package  that was shipped to Sweden on April 7 that has not cleared customs yet.  It is one of the beta versions of the upcoming hum elimnators that I have in development.  Sweden's power grid evidently sucks with a lot of DC on the lines.  Our grid is becoming more infected with DC, too.  I would really like to get some feedback on how that product will work in a higher voltage / lower current application.  My customer would like his piece.  I am building a new one to replace that one... that will be shipped the same way....

Rant over.  You asked what time it is.  I built you a watch.  Sorry... :slap:

Dave

Speedskater

• Kevin
« Reply #24 on: 18 May 2014, 11:06 pm »
You're on 110 Volts? What part of the world do you live in?  In my one hundred year old residential neighborhood, I see the long term voltage ranging from under 115V to over 125V (with no relationship to time of day or weather). But more often than not it's about 122V.

Buzz is more of a problem when the line voltage is high rather than low. As legacy and boutique components often have power transformers designed for lower line voltages.  And one thing a power transformer doesn't like is over voltage.

doctorcilantro

« Reply #25 on: 19 May 2014, 05:28 am »
Hi SS! I am on a compound in Middle East. So we have step down from 220v all around us. I could try setting my P3 to lower voltage. When I said 110v, I meant 120V. During the day I usually see the P3 reading 118-120V, and I have it set to output 120V.