Bruno is one smart man...

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
Bruno is one smart man...
« on: 13 Mar 2014, 12:50 am »
My friend Roger sent this to me:

http://www.soundstageultra.com/index.php/features-menu/general-interest-interviews-menu/455-searching-for-the-extreme-bruno-putzeys-of-mola-mola-hypex-and-grimm-audio-part-one

Here is a very interesting pull from the article about the BIG no-no: Cables -

"PR: So you were working on UcD, exploring different ideas, identifying hypotheses and subjecting them to scientific experiment, and in doing so you came to the conclusion that feedback is perhaps the most important tool. Maybe we can take a moment to talk about the differences you’ve seen between textbook theory and practical applications. Where is there a disconnect? The one most often cited, at least on the audio forums, relates to cables.

BP: “Textbook theory” is very often just a shortcut. When people say something like “In theory, it should happen like this . . . ,” what they actually mean to say is, “In the very first approximation, on a basic level, this is how it should go.” That’s oversimplification, not theory. Real theory isn’t so simple. It is like you say: in theory, cables shouldn’t make any difference. Well, hang on. Does that imply that you’ve actually looked at all of the established textbook physics that explains exactly what happens within a cable? I don’t mean “new physics,” like microdiodes or what have you, because I do think that’s a load of crock -- but, really, all the things you know happen when you, for instance, intersperse two conductors with a dielectric between them. How will that behave, for instance, when you actually put it up in a listening room and subject it to the vibrations that are caused by the speakers -- the triboelectric effect? Or just ordinary electromagnetic noise pickup from nearby mains cables? All these things are entirely known by physics and fully understood by theory. But the people who say that “in theory” it shouldn’t matter, they just look at one small corner in one particular textbook, where it doesn’t mention all these other things. Usually, where theory and practice deviate, it just means that your theory hasn’t gotten into enough theoretical detail. So far, I have not yet bumped into anything in terms of audible differences that I, or anyone with me, could hear that did not at some point connect with established theory and known physics -- by which I mean ordinary street-level physics, none of your fancy quantum stuff. You really do not need to invent laws of physics from a parallel universe to explain things. And you don’t have to excuse yourself to say that theory does not connect with practice. If you look close enough, you will find [the connection]. If practice and theory seem to deviate, you better have a sharp look at your theory."

Who knew?   :D

Dave

rogerdn

Re: Bruno is one smart man...
« Reply #1 on: 13 Mar 2014, 02:13 am »
Helps explain why my NCore sounds so sweet.....and the extra low noise floor magic from Dave.

tasar

« Reply #2 on: 19 Apr 2014, 02:23 pm »
I have to brush up on my French..... From the interviews w Bruno we have   "Mollydoggle" and "chip du jour".

Speedskater

• Kevin

ebag4

« Reply #4 on: 19 Apr 2014, 07:34 pm »
Am I the only one that hates a white font on a black background?
+1

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC

Russell Dawkins

« Reply #6 on: 19 Apr 2014, 10:01 pm »

Captainhemo

« Reply #7 on: 20 Apr 2014, 12:13 am »
Us "low-visions"  guys love it    :D

-jay