Business must be good

Mr Peabody

Business must be good
« on: 26 Dec 2016, 06:36 pm »
My DLP TV went out in my main listening and HT room, so I was thinking of having a projector installed with a motorized screen so the HT part can be out of the way when listening.

I was looking at a certain projector and found a shop close to me who happened to have one set up.  I took my wife in so she could see what modern projector PQ was like.  She was impressed.  Being an audio enthusiast I took the opportunity to look at a couple new things.  Then when we got ready the guys said good to see you yatta yatta and sort of walked off, one guy stayed, I asked a couple general questions about screens and HDMI cables.  No one really tried to make a sale but I'm thinking maybe they are taking the no pressure approach.  So I talk the project over with the wife a bit more, I decide to go for it.  So I call the store back, the guy who is sort of in charge makes an appointment on a Saturday morning to look at my room.  On Saturday I get a call saying he can't make it, family emergency, sounds legit, so I tell him I'm off on Tuesday and we can get together after an appointment I have to make.  He says to text and let him know when I'm done.  I get out of the appointment around noon, I text, and, leave a voicemail on his phone.  I call the store, find out Tuesdays are his normal day off.  Any way I have yet to hear from him.  I'm just shocked a store would blow a customer off like that.  This began a good two weeks before Christmas.  I'm not in there all the time, at least for myself I don't buy high end gear all the time, but I have purchased from the store before and know the people who work there.

I have days off this week and dreamed about kicking back and watching movies on my new set up.  LOL.  Life goes on.  Maybe I'll get around to cleaning off some of this vinyl I have sitting around waiting to be played.

Tone Depth

• Music Lover
    • SRLPE Wheel Works
Re: Business must be good
« Reply #1 on: 26 Dec 2016, 07:18 pm »
Sorry to learn of that poor experience.

SteveFord

• Volunteer
  • The poodle bites, the poodle chews it.
« Reply #2 on: 26 Dec 2016, 09:41 pm »
Cross them off the list of places to give your money to.

Mr Peabody

« Reply #3 on: 27 Dec 2016, 12:06 am »
Exactly, scratched.

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
« Reply #4 on: 27 Dec 2016, 12:45 am »
Usually, after the second brush off or 'mistake', I write the business off my list of 'go to' places. Sometimes, though, I make a point of asking to speak to the owner to complain. Invariably, that gets immediate attention and really good service unless the owner is a slacker himself. YMMV, of course.

jibzilla

« Reply #5 on: 3 Jan 2017, 02:27 am »
My DLP TV went out in my main listening and HT room, so I was thinking of having a projector installed with a motorized screen so the HT part can be out of the way when listening.

I was looking at a certain projector and found a shop close to me who happened to have one set up.  I took my wife in so she could see what modern projector PQ was like.  She was impressed.  Being an audio enthusiast I took the opportunity to look at a couple new things.  Then when we got ready the guys said good to see you yatta yatta and sort of walked off, one guy stayed, I asked a couple general questions about screens and HDMI cables.  No one really tried to make a sale but I'm thinking maybe they are taking the no pressure approach.  So I talk the project over with the wife a bit more, I decide to go for it.  So I call the store back, the guy who is sort of in charge makes an appointment on a Saturday morning to look at my room.  On Saturday I get a call saying he can't make it, family emergency, sounds legit, so I tell him I'm off on Tuesday and we can get together after an appointment I have to make.  He says to text and let him know when I'm done.  I get out of the appointment around noon, I text, and, leave a voicemail on his phone.  I call the store, find out Tuesdays are his normal day off.  Any way I have yet to hear from him.  I'm just shocked a store would blow a customer off like that.  This began a good two weeks before Christmas.  I'm not in there all the time, at least for myself I don't buy high end gear all the time, but I have purchased from the store before and know the people who work there.

I have days off this week and dreamed about kicking back and watching movies on my new set up.  LOL.  Life goes on.  Maybe I'll get around to cleaning off some of this vinyl I have sitting around waiting to be played.

Imagine if they had taken your money and ignored you for months on end. That has happened 3 times each with DHL shipping from Germany and Auspost from Australia. I reported this on A.K. and people got pissed. Not my intention here but if I offended anybody I'm sorry.