Have to complain about Windows licensing

ctviggen

Have to complain about Windows licensing
« on: 8 May 2011, 05:27 pm »
So, I bought a three-license Windows 7 upgrade pack and installed it on my wife's computer (from Vista) and my computer (from XP).  The motherboard died in my computer, so I got a different motherboard (same processor though) and reinstalled Win 7.  The power supply, motherboard, and processor went down in my computer just recently, so I got a new motherboard, processor and power supply.  I installed Win 7 again, but Microsoft won't activate it (I've hit the three license maximum).  But it's the same freaking computer!  It's the same case, same screen, same location, etc. I had to go spend $211 (after tax) for another freaking license for win 7!

It's the same dang computer!

And I tried to find a phone number to call someone, but if there is a phone number, it's incredibly hidden. 

So, in an effort to stop pirates, they're ostracizing someone who's not a pirate and always buys licenses.  A-holes!

Crimson

Re: Have to complain about Windows licensing
« Reply #1 on: 8 May 2011, 06:10 pm »
There are a host of support numbers available online. I've called numerous times and had a license re-activated because of a similar situation.

jmc207

« Reply #3 on: 8 May 2011, 06:54 pm »

srb

« Reply #4 on: 8 May 2011, 06:59 pm »
Here's a link with a number - http://www.techsupportserve.com/microsoft-support.php?KeyW=contact%20microsoft%20support&gclid=CLjjqeP72KgCFUff4AodWDxRhA

This link is to an independent support company, Tech Support Serve, and is not afilliated with Microsoft.  They cannot re-activate a Windows license.

jqp

• Volunteer
  • Each CD lovingly placed in the nOrh CD-1
« Reply #5 on: 8 May 2011, 08:13 pm »
I have had to do this - it's a pain but you will need to talk to a MS Support rep - this would be a free call, or at least a refund call if you have to give a credit card number. If you do give a CC number, just don't get any support except for the license activation and it will be free of charge.