NFL Football ('14-'15)

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
Re: NFL Football ('14-'15)
« Reply #200 on: 25 Oct 2014, 03:12 pm »
And talk about cheap shots, one fan does a stupid, insensitive thing.  The same article lauded the Philly fans for their respectful restraint when Cruz was injured.  At least Philly players don't steal underwear.  Really, underwear?  Could it be more embarrassing?   :lol:
LOL!  Could it be more embarrassing?? One fan???? Let's see.  How about booing and throwing snowballs at Santa, or intentionally vomiting on an 11 year old girl because she was a fan of the opposing team, or cheering a motionless Michael Irving as he was carried off the field... or maybe it was throwing flashlight batteries at Dick Allen, Phillies only black player at the time.  When the Eagles put a holding cell in Veteran's Stadium in 1998, it wasn't for opponents fans!
Philly fans are passionate. They just lack class. Take a moment to peruse Bleeding Green Nation to study the variety and inventiveness of usage of words starting with F.
I respect the fervor of Redskin fans, I have an appreciation of the knowledge and loyalty of Giants fans, but I have nothing good to say about the fans of Philadelphia... except those here at AC where our love of music trumps other interest.

jackman

« Reply #201 on: 25 Oct 2014, 03:29 pm »

Defense wins championships.  Detroit's defense is definitely better than Green Bay's.   I think they have as good of a shot as any other team at this point. 

Lots of football left, so we will see how it all shakes out.  8)

Detroit is better thanast year but will finish below Green Bay this year and is not even close to being a top NFC team. They got a gift from New Orleans because they were outplayed for most of the game. Congrats on being better than last year but the Lions are very far from a championship team. Second in the division is better than the Bears will finish but the Lions are not in the same u inverse as the Broncos unless Manning gets hurt.   

You might be treated to a one and done playoff appearance as wildcard but that's as far as the lions are going this year.  Better than nothing.

rodge827

« Reply #202 on: 25 Oct 2014, 03:30 pm »
I respect the fervor of Redskin fans, I have an appreciation of the knowledge and loyalty of Giants fans, but I have nothing good to say about the fans of Philadelphia.

Damn!  :o

Who peed in your Corn Flakes?  :lol:

Please show a little respect and not put all of us Iggle fans in a box holding cell!   :x

« Last Edit: 25 Oct 2014, 04:31 pm by rodge827 »

S Clark

« Reply #203 on: 25 Oct 2014, 03:39 pm »
Damn!  :o

Who peed in your Corn Flakes?  :lol:

Please show a little class and not put all of us Iggle fans in a box holding cell!   :x
Absolutely correct.  I guess I do have a bit of a chip on my shoulder after all the Dallas bashing several pages back.  I actually went back and modified that post a tiny bit even before I read your post.  I have no problem with any fan proudly supporting his/her team.  It's those that bash opposing teams that get my goat. Anyone that want to talk about the greatness of the Eagles has legitimate grounds.  They have some fine players and a coach that might be top notch.

S Clark

« Reply #204 on: 25 Oct 2014, 03:43 pm »
Jackman, I haven't really followed the Bears this year.  I was expecting them to be a top 10 team.  What's happened to Chicago? Injuries?

jimdgoulding

« Reply #205 on: 25 Oct 2014, 03:49 pm »
The Bears haven't seemed to have gotten any better in the last five years or so.  A runner up is all they've been.  So, what gives, Bears' fans?

rodge827

« Reply #206 on: 25 Oct 2014, 04:30 pm »
Absolutely correct.  I guess I do have a bit of a chip on my shoulder after all the Dallas bashing several pages back.  I actually went back and modified that post a tiny bit even before I read your post.  I have no problem with any fan proudly supporting his/her team.  It's those that bash opposing teams that get my goat. Anyone that want to talk about the greatness of the Eagles has legitimate grounds.  They have some fine players and a coach that might be top notch.

Thank you for this.
We Iggle fans are starving for a Super Bowl win. Twice to the big dance only to be left out of the after party. :(
Dallas put a big target on themselves back in the late 70's labeling themselves "Americas' Team", but have backed it up with multiple SB wins.
For the most part Philadelphia is a hard working blue collar sports obsessed town. Unfortunately there are some (not all) alcohol infused nut job thug fans who take their loyalty to a lower level and well...
I'm appalled by such behavior and the Iggle front office should take notice and do a better job of policing the flock.

Bleeding Green

roscoeiii

« Reply #207 on: 25 Oct 2014, 04:44 pm »
Jackman, I haven't really followed the Bears this year.  I was expecting them to be a top 10 team.  What's happened to Chicago? Injuries?

I'll pipe in here. Cutler has been hurting us with poor decisions, the defense while better has not lived up to expectations. And coaching is an issue too. D coordinator will likely be fired. Honeymoon with Trestman may also be over.

charmerci

« Reply #208 on: 25 Oct 2014, 05:09 pm »
As for D Murray and his huge number of carries - if you look at the records, there are rb's that carried huge #'s of times and did very well, but outside of an exception or two - the following year, their rushing yards more or less dropped off a cliff or they get injured.

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
« Reply #209 on: 25 Oct 2014, 05:56 pm »

jackman

« Reply #210 on: 25 Oct 2014, 07:08 pm »

I don't have enough time to explain all of the Bears problems but they have spent a lot of money on players who are not performing.

The defense is very old and injury prone; but the biggest issue is the offense. Cutler was expected to take his game to another level and it isn't happening. Too many turnovers and bone head plays.  The Bears receivers are collectively as good or better than any team, IMO, and Cutler is racking up decent yardage but they are not translating the yards to touchdowns. Too many bad penalties, turnovers and bad decisions.

I read recently that cutler is the highest paid quarterback in football and I believe the highest paid player in the game. That should have been my answer to the original question.   It says all you need to know.

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
« Reply #211 on: 25 Oct 2014, 07:18 pm »
I read recently that cutler is the highest paid quarterback in football and I believe the highest paid player in the game. That should have been my answer to the original question.   It says all you need to know.

There's an audio  metaphor in there somewhere.  :lol:

Pneumonic

« Reply #212 on: 25 Oct 2014, 07:39 pm »
As a (long time) Pats fan it will please me to no end to see Cutler continue to struggle on Sunday.  :P

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #213 on: 25 Oct 2014, 08:41 pm »

And I'm sorry if anything was taken personally, it was all meant in good fun, as was the return ribbing received.  You can't take offence at somebody bashing Eagle fans, we do have a rep.  Funny, but Jeffery Lurie took great pains to eliminate the bad element fans some number of years ago when the stadium instituted seat licences.  I won't bore you with the details, but he used the letter of the law to dispense with the lower class fans, some who had season tickets for generations, and replace them with a higher class fan base.  The efficacy of that plan is still up for debate, but most of those stories are a thing of the past that still haunts Philly fandom.

I have the benefit of being a fan of two NFL teams, the Eagles and the Steelers.  Trust me, Steeler fans are just as rabid and just as nasty to opposing fans as Eagle fans, but because they don't have the bad rep, they don't get the same press.  The stories stay local.  But whatever their differences or similarities, Steeler and Eagle fans have one thing in common, a deep an abiding hate for all things Dallas.  Thus in closing, I have to sincerely apologize for any feelings that bleed through into the posts both in the past and in the future.  I wish all Dallas fans a joyous and save holiday season, while secretly wishing they're team falls completely on its face during that same period.

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #214 on: 25 Oct 2014, 10:17 pm »

I have the benefit of being a fan of two NFL teams, the Eagles and the Steelers.

Shit!  You're 0 for two!

jimdgoulding

« Reply #215 on: 25 Oct 2014, 10:37 pm »
I take it that you live in PA, Let.  Been to Philly on holiday.  Had a little book that said I must eat crab cakes at DiNardos so I did plus a steak sandwich at Pats.  It was Fall weather and I loved it!

Freo-1

« Reply #216 on: 25 Oct 2014, 10:40 pm »
Detroit is better thanast year but will finish below Green Bay this year and is not even close to being a top NFC team. They got a gift from New Orleans because they were outplayed for most of the game. Congrats on being better than last year but the Lions are very far from a championship team. Second in the division is better than the Bears will finish but the Lions are not in the same u inverse as the Broncos unless Manning gets hurt.   

You might be treated to a one and done playoff appearance as wildcard but that's as far as the lions are going this year.  Better than nothing.

Well, that's the beauty of us being fans.  I think the Lions can win the division outright.  You are basing your observations on past performance.  Fair Enough.  I am basing my observations on what I have seen from them after the new coaching staff.  I think they have more raw talent that Green Bay.  The fact that they beat New Orleans shows me just how much better they have gotten.  Hell, if they had a good field goal kicker, they could be undefeated. 

Also, Green Bay should have lost to Miami. 

jackman

« Reply #217 on: 25 Oct 2014, 10:55 pm »
Green Bay beat Miami because they have one of the best QBs on the planet who isn't named Payton Manning. Rodgers is a solid second. Detroit is better than last year and the coaching change has been positive. donkey kong Sue is gone next year and Megatron seems to be falling apart. I wish you luck, Detroit needs some good news and if they go farther than I believe they will go, I'll root for them.  Just like I've been rooting for the Royals throughout the playoffs. It's fun to see new teams in there.

Freo-1

« Reply #218 on: 25 Oct 2014, 11:01 pm »
Jackman, I agree with you on the Royals.  I'm pulling for them this year. 

Next year, back to pulling for the Tigers for me.   :lol:

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #219 on: 25 Oct 2014, 11:47 pm »
Shit!  You're 0 for two!

Ha!  You mean the greatest franchise in NFL history, the only team with six Superbowl wins, and the franchise with the consensus #1 rated best team ever?  Whatever team you root for you can never be better than second best.  Sorry, 0 for two?  That dog won't hunt.

And the Eagles try really hard, oh well.  I moved to the Philly area in '89 and though a die-hard Steeler fan, start rooting for this plucky little team in green that wasn't all that good, but gave 100 percent every game.  Eventually ended up with season tickets and became an ever hopeful Eagles fan as well.  Twenty five years later, after three Steeler Superbowls, I'm still waiting for that plucky little team to win the big one.  They should have gone to three or four, but Andy Reid never could get his team ready for the big game.  Maybe Chip Kelly will do better, who knows.

Jim, I live in South Jersey, across the river from Philly, in a very nice Xurb.  I love the convenience of having shopping, arts, and movies a short drive away, and still seeing workers picking crops on my way to work.