Exotica 3's customized to the max

JonnyFive

Re: Exotica 3's customized to the max
« Reply #160 on: 31 Mar 2015, 02:12 pm »
Scientists have been working on electron alignment for a long time.  It could replace binary language for computing.  Basically that would redefine the world.  But they have not been able to alighn the electron's spin outside of a ferrite core with anything small enough to work.  And once out of the core, alignment is lost.  I don't buy PEA tech.  I am glad it works for you, but to me, it is doing something else, not aligning the spin of the electrons.

Link to article?

Big Red Machine

« Reply #161 on: 31 Mar 2015, 03:12 pm »
Gotta find something to spend cash on right?  Gotta feed the monkey.

I tried the smallest, cheapest used one I could find and liked the result.  So I then found a pair of bigger used units and really like the results.  I'm pretty happy right now if they are spinning or not in the same direction.  It is not a subtle change that is hard to distinguish.  I'm not a subtle person and need substance for me to keep someting in the system.  Plus I am very good at finding deals so I rarely pay "new" prices.  That way I can resell and break even in the tweak category if the "science" does not pan out.  Monkey fed.

audiotom

• Ground control to Major Tom
    • for everything music
« Reply #162 on: 1 Apr 2015, 02:55 am »
I can certainly relate to Pete's approach to evaluating equipment in his system.
My modus operandus as well.  Finding manufacters who sell direct and being patient and finding deals on used equipment.   It can seem like a merry go round at times but the effort is well worth it

Enjoy music, tolerate equipment

sfox7076

« Reply #163 on: 1 Apr 2015, 01:39 pm »
I am not saying it doesn't work.  I just doubt it works the way they claim.  This is quantum physics/magno chemistry:   

http://www.nature.com/ncomms/2014/141020/ncomms6304/abs/ncomms6304.html Outside of a field, spin is gone in less than 1 second (its less than 70 microseconds at 68 degrees).

Here is a video of a lecture discussing much of the current work in the area.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cID4fKraWkE  Start at 11 if you want to hear about spin in copper within a magnetic field.

Shawn

woodsyi

• Volunteer
  • Always Look on the Bright Side of Life!
« Reply #164 on: 1 Apr 2015, 02:17 pm »
Pete,

I got a Stealth Power Purifier from Garner.  I took a demo home from RMAF a couple of years ago and kept it.  It replaced a re-generator.  I don't care what you call it but the Bybee thingamajig works for me.  Even works on my tube amps without any power sag.  FYI, I used  to have RSA Haley and PurePower APS2000 for many years and I now have the SPP.  It cleans things up in the mid/treble without making them bright -- Just cleaner detail that is musical and non fatiguing.

Kenneth Patchen

• Volunteer
  • Just like that bluebird
« Reply #165 on: 1 Apr 2015, 10:50 pm »
Quote from: sfox7076 link=topic=129981.msg1417316#msg1417316 date=1427895548

Here is a video of a lecture discussing much of the current work in the area.  [url
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cID4fKraWkE[/url]  Start at 11 if you want to hear about spin in copper within a magnetic field.

Shawn, I'd have to turn my brain up to 11 just to understand 25% of that, but interesting and thanks for sending.

Cheers,
KP

sfox7076

« Reply #166 on: 2 Apr 2015, 12:38 am »
My sister in law is a pretty famous person in nano tech, so I picked up some of it through osmosis.  Add it to my physics love (other than calculus) , and I find all of this fascinating, so I listen to it. 

Big Red Machine

« Reply #167 on: 6 Jun 2015, 02:32 pm »
An update:

The system is absolutely amazing these days.  I still use my Chord Qute EX dac and am targeting a Bricasti some day.  But for now the Chord has been stellar and I no longer have any issues interfacing with my HAL MS-2 player.

The creme-De-Le-creme piece for me has been the latest Audio Magic Stealth XXX unit in the smoked plexiglass case.  I had my clear unit upgraded by Jerry and it is stellar.

Of course I did mention previously of going to good power cables and then the Silversmith cabling - both of which stunned me and shot me way up in performance.

Now I have started implementing the Nordost Sort Kones.  Damn demo last year at Axpona left me shocked and I sat right in the front row again this year and was stunned a second time.  I went right downstairs and bought 9 of them.  First set went right under the XXX.  And yep, sounds outrageous, but they really have a cleansing effect.  I still use a Running Springs Duke for the amps, now running through the XXX.  It tightens up the bass a skosh.

Anyways, the holographic nature of my system these days is just fantastic.  I am now a hi rez download fiend because I cannot get enough.  But I have to say that redbook is absolutely stellar as well and I enjoy it equally. Go get yourself some Exoticas!

paul79

• Industry Participant
« Reply #168 on: 6 Jun 2015, 03:02 pm »
Chad Stelly at Acoustic Sounds has always used the little Qute DAC's, and he made a believer out of me with the EX... He recently upgraded to the 2 Qute, and said it is an astonishing improvement. Something to think about. Chad really gets it, and I trust his ears for sure.

WGH

« Reply #169 on: 6 Jun 2015, 03:57 pm »
....my HAL MS-2 player.

A little off topic but what power supply are you using for the SSD in the HAL? I just switched to powering the SSD in my server with a 5 volt battery and the improvement in SQ is not subtle.

Wayne

Big Red Machine

« Reply #170 on: 6 Jun 2015, 10:18 pm »
A little off topic but what power supply are you using for the SSD in the HAL? I just switched to powering the SSD in my server with a 5 volt battery and the improvement in SQ is not subtle.

Wayne

How do you do that? 

WGH

« Reply #172 on: 6 Jun 2015, 11:51 pm »

Big Red Machine

« Reply #173 on: 7 Jun 2015, 02:52 am »
Very cool.  I PM'd Rich to ask if there is access to the cabling for me to try this.