Any Salk HT3 owners that uses a Tact?

95bcwh

Any Salk HT3 owners that uses a Tact?
« on: 12 Jul 2006, 06:43 am »
All,
  Please help me! I am reading through Tact 2.0S owner's manual and it ask me to input "Lowest speaker cut off frequency". Jim told me that the HT3 has an F3 of 29Hz and F10 of 23Hz. So do I enter the F10 value, or a lower value like 20Hz?

Appreciate your help. Thank you very much.
 barry   

kfr01

Re: Any Salk HT3 owners that uses a Tact?
« Reply #1 on: 12 Jul 2006, 07:02 am »
I neither own a tact nor own a salk, but I know some about eqing and crossovers.

I'd probably enter the F3 to start.  There's little information under 30hz on most cds.  If they were my expensive speakers and I bought a new preamp that does eq (which means it may clip signals and/or may bring my speakers closer to excursion limits than normal), I'd probably play it safe to start.  Get it setup and get familiar with the Tact unit and how your speakers react to it.  Then, start pushing out and experimenting.

Cheers!

95bcwh

« Reply #2 on: 12 Jul 2006, 07:19 am »
I neither own a tact nor own a salk, but I know some about eqing and crossovers.

I'd probably enter the F3 to start.  There's little information under 30hz on most cds.  If they were my expensive speakers and I bought a new preamp that does eq (which means it may clip signals and/or may bring my speakers closer to excursion limits than normal), I'd probably play it safe to start.  Get it setup and get familiar with the Tact unit and how your speakers react to it.  Then, start pushing out and experimenting.

Cheers!

Thanks Kfr01.. you're most helpful.. indeed, I don't want to risk blowing my new speakers by pushing it too hard on the low end  :green:

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #3 on: 12 Jul 2006, 07:38 am »
Send a PM to zybar/George....he uses a Tact with his HT3's, and BAT amp. 8)

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #4 on: 12 Jul 2006, 10:39 am »

I will try and respond tonight...really busy with work this week.

George

95bcwh

« Reply #5 on: 12 Jul 2006, 02:20 pm »

I will try and respond tonight...really busy with work this week.

George

Thanks George!!  :thumb:

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #6 on: 13 Jul 2006, 02:29 am »
Ok, I would start at the F3 and see where things measure to.

I am getting very strong base response at my seat below the F3 point, so I actually cut things a little lower.

In terms of understanding how to quickly and effectively use the TacT preamp, go to Yahoo and join the TacT user forums.  Once you are a member, you can download guides put together by TacT users that run circles around the TacT documentation.

It can be a little difficult at first, but stick with it as the results when properly setup will amaze you!

George

95bcwh

« Reply #7 on: 13 Jul 2006, 02:36 am »
Ok, I would start at the F3 and see where things measure to.

I am getting very strong base response at my seat below the F3 point, so I actually cut things a little lower.

In terms of understanding how to quickly and effectively use the TacT preamp, go to Yahoo and join the TacT user forums.  Once you are a member, you can download guides put together by TacT users that run circles around the TacT documentation.

It can be a little difficult at first, but stick with it as the results when properly setup will amaze you!

George

Thanks George..appreciate your time.