FS Cary MS-1 Music Server with Salk StreamPlayer Software -SOLD

Q3Di

Up for sale is a Cary MS-1 Music Server with the new Software installed by Jim Salk of Salk Sound.

The original 1TB HDD was removed. Jim installed a new 2TB HDD and the latest Software of the new Salk StreamPlayer II.
The server plays music via USB and controlled by mPad (for iOS) or MPDroid (for Android).

Please note that the built-in DVD-ROM is inactive because Salk StreamPlayer was not designed to have a built-in optical drive. You will have to use another computer to rip CD and transfer music files to the MS-1 by connecting it to the network. There are two USB ports, use either one to connect to USB DAC. USB connections are used to connect to USB DAC only. They don't work with USB HDD.

It comes with a power adapter (similar to the one for laptop), original manual, original Software (If you want to restore it the original MS-1. But it only works with 1TB drive). I refer Salk version. It served me well in the last few months.

Although the Software was installed by Salk. The sale of this music sever does not come with the technical support from Salk. If you are not computer savvy or Linux expert and you need help, please post your questions in the forum. Other ACers will chime in to help. I cannot promise you that Jim will response to your questions.

Asking Price: $900 plus shipping from 21014 (Baltimore Area).

Thank you for viewing. Please PM if you have any questions.
« Last Edit: 3 Oct 2014, 02:37 pm by Q3Di »

Q3Di

Re: FS Cary MS-1 Music Server with Salk StreamPlayer Software
« Reply #1 on: 4 Sep 2014, 03:54 am »
Another option for those who want to use the optical drive to rip CD.
I used 1TB HDD and installed VortexBox 2.3. It was able to rip CD and play via USB with LMS (Logitech Media Server).
The iOS app I used to control it is iPeng.

It is your choice to have either Salk StreamPlayer Software with MPD or VortexBox with LMS.
This is a great music server. I am selling this to funds for another interest in a standalone music player.

Q3Di

Re: FS Cary MS-1 Music Server with Salk StreamPlayer Software
« Reply #2 on: 21 Sep 2014, 10:46 am »
Bump

Price reduced to $725 plus shipping and Paypal fee.