AVA u70 and Raidho C1, a match made in heaven, almost.

G E

Re: AVA u70 and Raidho C1, a match made in heaven, almost.
« Reply #20 on: 21 Nov 2016, 04:03 am »
Simon,

I bought the 1.1's in early Aug. Just recently, I did notice a change in the sound - my only change since I put them in. Everything seemed to "soften" up. It has been around 500 hours of use like Morrow says.

So when you get them, it'd be interesting if you did keep a track of how many hours you listen to them. He recommends not plugging and unplugging them during break-in.

This is the first time I've ever noticed a change in a component, break-in-wise.

Lots of Morrow wires in my set up and they did take a  long time to settle in.

I have no idea why, but it was not a small difference. Incredible detail and very smooth once they get there.

I just ordered a 20 foot xlr terminated interconnect from Morrow for my preamp to power amp run. Mike is cooking them for 10 days and I'll cook them another 5-10 days before installing. Looking forward to it.

simon wagstaff

Re: AVA u70 and Raidho C1, a match made in heaven, almost.
« Reply #21 on: 17 Jan 2017, 04:16 pm »
The Morrow audio MA4 cable seems to be breaking in nicely. For those interested I will be shipping my C1s back to Raidho for an upgrade to the new C1.2.  This will basically give me a brand new speaker: new tweeter, new woofer, tweaked crossover and new rear panel, taking a nearly 10 year old model and making it brand new and up to date. I am definitely thrilled about this.