For Sale: Karan KA-I-180 Integrated Amplifier (Price Reduced)

JCL

Purchased directly from Karan by myself in 2008 prior to North American distribution. Very carefully used for no more than one year before circumstances forced me to put the Hi-Fi into hibernation. It is in absolutely flawless condition with it's original remote, shipping container, power cord and manual. You will not find a better example of this very special amplifier. The current list price of the MK2 version (even larger transformer) is $10,800.

I intended to build a new system around the Karan but I cannot justify the loudspeakers or source components it deserves. I now have a more modest system and nicer bicycles...!

Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions. I'm willing to split insured shipping with the buyer from Vancouver, British Columbia.

$3700 or nearest offer.

« Last Edit: 7 Feb 2013, 08:21 pm by JCL »

dburna

Re: For Sale: Karan KA-I-180 Integrated Amplifier
« Reply #1 on: 1 Dec 2012, 10:27 pm »
 :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

Wow.  I had always lusted after one of these.  Somebody if going to be one happy camper with this amp.....and they'll be able to get off the amp carousel for good.

Best of luck with the sale -- shouldn't take long.

-dB (if only my PowerBall ticket paid off this week)

JCL

« Reply #2 on: 1 Dec 2012, 11:30 pm »
Cheers dburna.

Yes I sold everything else and kept the Karan in it's shipping crate for nearly four years. I planned to eventually build my dream system around it. Probably with some Avalons and a DPS turntable.... Oh don't get me started, I'll end up talking myself into keeping it!

I hope it goes to someone who has always wanted one. They are cult amplifiers in Europe but seem to be little known in North America.  They're simply lovely things.

rs350z

« Reply #3 on: 15 Jan 2013, 09:52 pm »
do you still have this? thanks

JCL

« Reply #4 on: 18 Jan 2013, 05:12 am »
Hey rs350z,

Sorry for the slow reply.

Yes the Karan is still here. A few offers but I'm being stubborn on the price :D

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Jamie

JCL

Re: For Sale: Karan KA-I-180 Integrated Amplifier (reduced)
« Reply #5 on: 7 Feb 2013, 08:21 pm »
$3200