DIY Speaker Builders' Meet - Houston, Saturday, Nov 2nd - MEETING RESCHEDULED

FredT300B

• Facilitator
We've seen a surge in interest in DIY speakers at our regular Houston Audio Society meetings lately. At our August meeting we heard two members' DIY monitors, which included very high quality Eton, RAAL, Scan Speak and Accuton drivers in very well designed and attractive enclosures. This month we heard three of my designs.

There seems to be enough interest to hold a DIY speaker builders' meet that will be open to everybody who's interested in DIY speaker building. Anybody who has built a pair of speakers is invited to bring them so we can all admire their sound and appearance. The meet will be at my house in the West Houston suburbs. We'll have a couple of systems set up, one in a larger room for larger speakers, the other in a smaller room that seems to work well with smaller standmount speakers. We'll also have a measurement system set up for anybody who would like to see their speakers' in room frequency response.

I'll be posting more information in the next few weeks. In the meantime, save this date to your calendar and plan to join us.
« Last Edit: 17 Nov 2013, 10:08 pm by FredT300B »

FredT300B

• Facilitator
Re: DIY Speaker Builders' Meet - Houston, Saturday, Nov 2nd
« Reply #1 on: 26 Oct 2013, 12:20 pm »
I regret that I must cancel this meeting because of an unanticipated conflict. If there's any interest I'll reschedule it for a later date. Sorry.  :cry:

FredT300B

• Facilitator
I've rescheduled the meeting for Saturday, January 18th.

bear-hifi

Hello Fred

Are you still planing on haveing the DIY speaker meet Jan 18th?

Thank you