Dynamo Power supply for Off-Ramp and Synchro-Mesh - now available

audioengr

Re: Dynamo Power supply for Off-Ramp and Synchro-Mesh
« Reply #20 on: 28 Oct 2013, 11:19 pm »
I know this is a stupid question, but does the 1-foot cable length mean that the unit must be within one foot of an outlet?

You can use whatever length AC cord you want.  The DC umbilical is 1 foot to improve transient current capability.

Steve N.

San Diegan

I took delivery of the Dynamo yesterday afternoon for my OR-5.  Right off the bat the sound stage got taller, more detail is unmasked, better transparency and a greater sense of ease.  A more significant improvement than I expected and a great value.  Some of the gains may be due to removing the last wallwart in my AC circuit.  In any case I am very pleased.  Will post impressions again after this thing settles in. 

trueaudiophile

I just took delivery of mine last week.  I am also powering the OR5 and I could not agree more.  The soundstage is wider and soooo much detail with a higher ceiling as well.  Great product that changed the character of my front end/system.  How long are you waiting for it to fully settle-in?

Thanks

Tom P

edn4x4

Mine arrived today - haven't plugged it in yet.  Waiting for it to un thaw - it was only 25 degrees here today and it felt like an icepack when I opened it.  It sat in a freezer bag for three hours to prevent condensation so I am chomping at the bit to plug it in...

My question - can these be stacked or should it be placed side by side?
Eric

audioengr

Mine arrived today - haven't plugged it in yet.  Waiting for it to un thaw - it was only 25 degrees here today and it felt like an icepack when I opened it.  It sat in a freezer bag for three hours to prevent condensation so I am chomping at the bit to plug it in...

My question - can these be stacked or should it be placed side by side?
Eric

Either way.  I usually run it on top so the electric field from the transformer is minimized to the OR.

Steve N.

dpatters

Received mine yesterday and using it with Synchro Mesh. I run a cd transport into the SM.  Big upgrade in my opinion. Between Steve's cable and the Dynamo I'd say performance of the SM is greatly improved. My digital front end has never sounded better.

audioengr

Some jitter histograms of an OR5 with OTL mod and Turboclock powered by Dynamo ( S/PDIF output):

and powered by the standard wall-wart:

As you can see the curve is narrower with the Dynamo.  See the change in vertical scale.  The Dynamo looks the same height, but it isn't.  The vertical scales are different.  I have no control over this scale unfortunately.  The STD deviation is lower in the numbers.

The cool thing about these plots is that the majority of the jitter that repeats and would be audible is in the 10psec range.  Almost as low as the oscillator specs.

DaveBSC

Nice work Steve! Still wondering if you can configure these for 5V.

arledgsc

Just put the Dynamo power supply into service after first using the Off Ramp 5 with the originally supplied power for four months.  Wow!  Immediate difference for the better.  Very smooth sounding, more inner detail, and pretty much removed the last bit of grain and excessive silibance.  With the Off Ramp 5 HDMI I2S now driving Audio GD Master 7 my setup has never sounded better.  Glad I bit the bullet and ordered the Dynamo supply.  Great upgrade Steve!

DJ6

Just received the Dynamo and the OTL modded SM. I run it in between a simple Sonos (via SP/dif) and a Bluesound Node (via Toslink) to feed a pair of Goldmund Telos 400 amps with build-in DA converters which in turn power a pair of Leedh E2 speakers and a B&W PVD1 wub. This is simply incredible! Even after just a few hours run-in. With the standard pre-March 2013 SM it was already a great improvement, but this upgrade is HUGE. Especially, the silky details and the lower bass tightness and extension seem again improved (I had to lower the volume of the sub by -2dB - you are not doing any EQ in the SM, right, haha?). Even Spotify can be considered a serious source of music. WoW!

andrewd01

I will also add my endorsement to this great product.  A stunning improvement right out of the box. My system is Mac Mini>OR4 (all options)>Devialet 170>Dynaudio S3.4.   I think I am finally getting close to a digital sound I can live with!

Pzwief

What is the proceedure to switch the Dynamo from 120 to 240 volts?  Thanks.

audioengr

What is the proceedure to switch the Dynamo from 120 to 240 volts?  Thanks.

Remove thefuse drawer, pull out the AC selection plug and reverse it so that 230 shows in the little window instead of 110.  Plug the fuse module back in.

Steve N.

fado

Can your new Dynamo/Hynes LPS be converted to 15V 2A for use with my DAC?

audioengr

Re: Dynamo Power supply for Off-Ramp and Synchro-Mesh
« Reply #34 on: 6 Apr 2018, 05:46 pm »
I know this is a stupid question, but does the 1-foot cable length mean that the unit must be within one foot of an outlet?

No, the Dynamo has a IEC, so you use the AC cable of your choice.  I sell a good shielded rubber AC cable as an option.

The DC cable is 1 foot, but I can make it longer for slightly more.

Steve N.

audioengr

Can your new Dynamo/Hynes LPS be converted to 15V 2A for use with my DAC?

Unfortunately, I cannot sell the Dynamo except as an option for my products.  It's contractual.

Steve N.