TAS awards the Von Schweikert VR-55 Aktive the GOLDEN EAR AWARD

Albert Von Schweikert

• Industry Participant
    • Von Schweikert Audio
Hello Fellow Audiophiles,

My staff and I are proud to announce that the current issue of The Absolute Sound features our VR-55 Aktive speaker system in their Golden Ear Award pages.  TAS gave us a full page, which is the first time I've seen that much space devoted to a new product.

However, there is a clue in the write up that might be significant: TAS says the VR-55 is a "land mark" design.  The article is quite long, so I won't repeat it all here, but if you're interested to see what a major magazine thinks about our new products, get this months issue.

Next month the VR-55 Aktive will be featured on the front cover of TAS, with a ten-page review.  To top it all off, Mr Weaver would not allow us to ask for the speakers back -- he bought the review pair!  Reviewers don't generally buy review samples, since they can request a new product every few months from manufacturers at no charge. 

We applaud TAS and Mr Weaver for having this much faith in our products, as it has been a long time coming.  It seems that the four years we spent on R&D has paid off!

As always,

Happy Listening

jab

• Esoteric Audio-Video
Congratulations Albert!  As a TAS subscriber I'm really looking forward to viewing the next couple of issues.  I had a chance to listen to Alan Parson's, IRobot a couple of hours ago and was glued to my chair.  Every time I leave my listening room now, I look back at my 55's in disbelief.  You've built a bonafide masterpiece and we audiophiles and music lovers are glad for it.  Superb engineering, inside and out!  The dream is over. I'm awake,, and I LOVE my VR55's!   

Jack
Houston

Holli82

Congrats!!! :thumb:

JackD201

Awesome news! Looks like in my listening room I've got a bunch of GEA awardees aquired "before they were famous" or even reviewed. Well except Albert's stuff since good ol' Al has been famous for a long time  :thumb:

htradtk

Congrats Albert! Looking forward to reading the review!

Jack,

Which version of "I Robot" do you have? I have the Japanesse shm version and it sounds great! Would love to hear the entire CD on a pair of those 55's!

Henry

jab

• Esoteric Audio-Video
Hi Henry,, nothing special with the CD recording.   Is the original Arista 1977-2007 recording distr by Sony.  Playback is thru my Laufer Technik Memory Player.  Truly, the 55's give you back everything the master recording intended you to experience.  Thrilling!   jack

DaveC113

• Industry Contributor
  • ZenWaveAudio.com
Congrats Albert!  :thumb:

gammajo

Terrific and deserved news!

htradtk

Thanks Jack!

Need some cash!! Lol. Boy those 55's are something special! Maybe someday,

Mountainjoe

• President & CEO Eigen Audio Dealer
    • Eigen Audio
Congratulations Albert - well deserved and over-due!  :thumb:

ceedee

• Industry Participant
    • Musical Reality
Good news Albert,

I will spread the news also here in Europe.

Thanks,

Cor

jab

• Esoteric Audio-Video
Wow, my copy of TAS just arrived.  Funny how the magazine fell open to page 92, which happens to be Greg Weaver's "Golden Ear Awards 2015" brief description of the VR55.  WOWWEE, "a level of performance that GW feels breaks new ground in resolution, transparency, and transient response below the $100k mark", and theirs plenty more in the brief description!  A full review by Greg is forthcoming.. 

gammajo

Still waiting for my TAS copy. It seems to be coming late this month compared to when they released the digital version.

jab

• Esoteric Audio-Video
Joe, they should have called this TAS, the Magico edition!  Too funny!  Its interesting, I've never heard Magico at a CES/RMAF/and most recently, The Show in Newport Beach, best an equiv, VSA room.  That said, show conditions are not conducive to critical listening, but,,,,,,.

leif8660

• Industry Participant
    • Von Schweikert Audio
JAB I would have to agree with you on that.  I also believe several rooms out performed the Magico rooms.  But hey, that's just my opinion.  I have yet to hear a Magico room sound as good as a VSA room or some of the other manufactures.  Too much hype. 
« Last Edit: 8 Sep 2015, 04:04 am by leif8660 »

leif8660

• Industry Participant
    • Von Schweikert Audio
Did I just say that out loud :icon_twisted: