Piano m2???

2 channel man

Piano m2???
« on: 9 Oct 2011, 04:22 am »
I am a lil confused I see the m1 is discontinued is the m2 available? soon? My cd player just bit it :(

srb

Re: Piano m2???
« Reply #1 on: 9 Oct 2011, 06:39 am »
Seth will have to answer the question about projected M2 availability date, but I see there is a "virtually" unused M1 with upgraded enclosure, Jellyfish power cable and Knu Koncept interconnects for sale on Audiogon for $529 shipped.  http://www.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls.pl?dgtlplay&1322710674&/Virtue-Piano-with-JellyFish-Po

* Not affiliated with seller

Steve

Jason T

• Industry Participant
  • Enjoying the music
    • custom cables
« Reply #2 on: 9 Oct 2011, 03:24 pm »
I am a lil confused I see the m1 is discontinued is the m2 available? soon? My cd player just bit it :(

as far as I know we have 2 M1's left.
email Cami
cami@virtueaudio.com

eclein

• Volunteer
  • ..we walk the plank with our eyes wide open!-Gotye
« Reply #3 on: 9 Oct 2011, 05:24 pm »
srb - Thats a great find!!! I would jump on that if I needed one...I really enjoy mine, very well made (think small Tank CD player).

virtue

• Facilitator
  • Making audio lovers audiophiles
    • Virtue Audio
« Reply #4 on: 10 Oct 2011, 03:06 pm »
We've reached another milestone on M2 but it will be some time in 2012 before they come.

2 channel man

« Reply #5 on: 17 Oct 2011, 11:00 pm »
Any sneak peek photos of M2?? throw us a bone

virtue

• Facilitator
    • Virtue Audio
« Reply #6 on: 17 Oct 2011, 11:13 pm »
It will look identical!

ben4

« Reply #7 on: 18 Oct 2011, 02:50 pm »
Seth,

Can you tell us what sort of drive you decided to go with in the M2?  Any (other) notable changes from the M1?

--Ben

virtue

• Facilitator
    • Virtue Audio
« Reply #8 on: 19 Oct 2011, 02:36 am »
Ben,

Considering the amount of turmoil with us recently I hope you don't mind if I don't answer your question right now.  When the units are in production I'll give you lots of details.  It's possible that we'll see some major changes inside, still to be finalized...

Thanks so much,

Seth

ben4

« Reply #9 on: 19 Oct 2011, 03:38 pm »
No problem—I'll be patient.  Do you have a price target?

--Ben

virtue

• Facilitator
    • Virtue Audio
« Reply #10 on: 19 Oct 2011, 03:50 pm »
The current price ($699) is the maximum I would ever charge for a stand-alone CD player. Wish I could go cheaper.

A combo unit that does more might cost more.  It's always been a dream of mine to put an amplifier etc. inside but that's not in the next gen.

For the historical record, I do expect massive currency fluctuations in the next 5 years.  This will obviously impact all industry pricing in USD.

Mass. Wine Guy

« Reply #11 on: 27 Oct 2011, 01:03 am »
I've had an M1 for about four or five months now. I have not owned a lot of other players and don't know all of what to listen for. My last one, an Arcam CD72, sounded pretty good to me. But every CD I put into the M1 sounds refreshingly natural, not at all harsh or glaring. Just inviting. I do have some some good power cables and interconnects that help, I'm sure (the Anti Cable interconnects are killer).

But as a source, the M1 seems amazingly great. Can't wait to hear the M2, though I don't know how it would sound better.

There is an M1 for sale by one of our own:

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=99870.0