Vincent SV-700 Hybrid amplifier

Tarzan

• Virtue Audio Fanboy
Vincent SV-700 Hybrid amplifier
« on: 19 Jan 2018, 04:16 pm »
Hi all, have any members heard this amplifier or the Vincent SV- 237 MK Hybrid amplifier and care to share their thoughts on it?

Thanks in advance.

chrshanl

Re: Vincent SV-700 Hybrid amplifier
« Reply #1 on: 19 Jan 2018, 05:52 pm »
I had a Vincent SV 237 and really enjoyed it. I upgraded the stock 12ax7 tubes to RCA black plate triple mica 5751’s and would describe the sound as warm and punchy with just the right amount of top end sparkle. What I liked most was the tonality of the bass, I had owned many amps in the past that struggled with my speakers bottom end but the Vincent handled them with aplomb.

For the money I feel the sv 237 is a solid performer but have been told by a dealer friend that both the new sp 20 amp and the sv 700 are better.

Hope this helps.

mav52

« Reply #2 on: 19 Jan 2018, 07:05 pm »
I don't own the SV-237 but I do own the SP331MK and I love it. Its made me move my PASS xa30.5 to my office.  glorious mid range, spacious with low end grunt and leans a little to the warm side.  Well built.

Tarzan

• Virtue Audio Fanboy
« Reply #3 on: 22 Jan 2018, 12:12 pm »
Thanks for the replies chaps- anyone else care to chime in?

Tarzan

• Virtue Audio Fanboy
« Reply #4 on: 17 Apr 2018, 12:36 pm »
Well, l have had the Vincent SV236 MK here for a while now on home loan, first off it is musical with good bass, that is the good bits, the downsides are that it is quite bright- would a change of valves cure this?

Also, this is quite an old loaner ( and has such has been sent all over the UK l believe) unit and l have lost sound in one channel, this l got repaired, the repairer thought this has had the same fault before..... So are Vincent amps reliable in general?

Also how much better is the 237MK much better than the MK 236?

Any advice would be appreciated. :thumb:

slippers-on

« Reply #5 on: 8 May 2018, 05:20 pm »
I've used the Vincent SA-T1 preamp and SP331 MK power amp for the better part of 5 years now. Love it. Great stuff and haven't had an issue. Just change out hte stock tubes.  Each and every time I think about getting something else, I ask my self, why? I simply love what i'm hearing.

mav52

« Reply #6 on: 8 May 2018, 07:39 pm »
Well, l have had the Vincent SV236 MK here for a while now on home loan, first off it is musical with good bass, that is the good bits, the downsides are that it is quite bright- would a change of valves cure this?

Also, this is quite an old loaner ( and has such has been sent all over the UK l believe) unit and l have lost sound in one channel, this l got repaired, the repairer thought this has had the same fault before..... So are Vincent amps reliable in general?

Also how much better is the 237MK much better than the MK 236?

Any advice would be appreciated. :thumb:

I've had the SP331MK for over 7 years and , knock on wood its doing great.

Tarzan

• Virtue Audio Fanboy
« Reply #7 on: 8 May 2018, 08:55 pm »
I have now since purchased the Vincent, ( after curing the brightness issue) and am now very happy with the performance, as stated above and indeed doing some research the stock tubes hold the unit back quite a bit, so once l get familiar with the sound of the new amp ( which arrive sat the end of May :bawl: :bawl: :bawl:) changing the stock tubes is the first thing l will do. :thumb:

Speakers used were the latest version of the Audionote ANK-LX and ProAc Tablette 10. ( Which l thought are a really good and musical partnership.)

So thanks again everyone for your help. :beer: :beer:

Tarzan

• Virtue Audio Fanboy
« Reply #8 on: 2 Aug 2018, 06:04 pm »
Anybody know how long these units take to burn in..... I have been told up to 400 hrs- can this be true? :D