GAS Flea Market thread

Adrian_hern

Re: Good price: Free
« Reply #360 on: 7 Aug 2017, 06:26 am »
Free to a good home.  Russ Lang reel to reel cabinets from Scully 280 or 280A.

Some with, some without casters.  Some with high pedestals (like in the 280 photo) some with low pedestals (like in the 280A photo). All were for stereo (2 track as in photos) units.  Standard rack mount width, reel to reel platform tilts up.
Ken

do you still have the 280/ 280b?
 looking for parts.
please let me know

xadrixhernx.gmail
  nineonefive. 373 . sixty one, 36

vintage9594

Phono Cartridges for sale local St Louis sale preferred
« Reply #361 on: 16 Aug 2017, 02:01 am »
I have a few Phono Cartridges for sale and prefer St Louis area sale.
1) Goldring 1012gx low hours $200.00
2) Sumiko Black Bird HO moving coil $300 approx 4-500 hours
3) Audio Technica AT33pg/ii Low Output Moving Coil low hours $300 with box & manual

thx
All Sold
« Last Edit: 9 Sep 2017, 02:51 am by vintage9594 »

kentj1948

Free Receivers, Inexpensive SACD/CD PLayers
« Reply #362 on: 16 Aug 2017, 07:56 pm »
I have two receivers free to anyone who wants them.

The first is a Calibre 225.  This was sold by Pacific Stereo.  I think the rated output is 25 Watts.  This unit is nice cosmetically.  The line input ("extra") works fine with a CD player.  The FM section also seems to work very well.  The phono section is very noisy in the right channel.  The controls need cleaning. 

The second is a Marantz SR5002.  This is a seven channel AV receiver rated at 90 WPC.  When plugged in, the standby light flashes rapidly and the unit does not turn on.  I spent some time on the  Internet researching this problem without finding any useful information.  Cosmetically the unit is mint.  These sell on eBay for about $150 so there is some room to spend money fixing it.

Thanks for checking out my ad.  Kent 636-399-8053

« Last Edit: 24 Aug 2017, 05:29 pm by kentj1948 »

Bob in St. Louis

• Facilitator
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
Re: GAS Flea Market thread
« Reply #363 on: 16 Aug 2017, 11:21 pm »
The 225 and a disc player sound interesting, but I'd need another room to use them in, which I don't have.   :duh:
If it comes to pitching the 225, I'll give it a good home for you.... but I don't need it right now, if that makes sense.

JohnH12

• John H
« Reply #364 on: 18 Aug 2017, 12:27 am »
PM sent on the CD players.  I need a source for my Hafler.

pinkfloyd4ever

Re: Free Receivers, Inexpensive SACD/CD PLayers
« Reply #365 on: 18 Aug 2017, 01:26 am »
I have two receivers free to anyone who wants them.

The first is a Calibre 225.  This was sold by Pacific Stereo.  I think the rated output is 25 Watts.  This unit is nice cosmetically.  The line input ("extra") works fine with a CD player.  The FM section also seems to work very well.  The phono section is very noisy in the right channel.  The controls need cleaning. 

The second is a Marantz SR5002.  This is a seven channel AV receiver rated at 90 WPC.  When plugged in, the standby light flashes rapidly and the unit does not turn on.  I spent some time on the  Internet researching this problem without finding any useful information.  Cosmetically the unit is mint.  These sell on eBay for about $150 so there is some room to spend money fixing it.

I also have two SACD/CD/DVD players available if anyone would like one for SACD/CD playback or as a transport.  (Neither has HDMI outs for video.)  Both work fine and are very nice cosmetically.  The first is a Marantz DV6600 with a universal remote.  Asking $35.  The second is a Sony DVP-NS755V.  It comes with factory remote, box, and manual.  I am asking $25.

I'll take that Marantz disc player if it happens to be still available. If it's gone, is the Sony pretty good as a CD player? My other option is to wait a bit and get an Onkyo C-7030.

kirch

• "He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy!"
    • http://www.vo-pro.com
Audio Note OTO SE Integrated $1200 - (BPT SOLD)
« Reply #366 on: 26 Aug 2017, 05:43 pm »
Hey all, just checking to see if there's any local interest in my Audio Note OTO SE Signature integrated amp.  Oddly the front says "phono", but this one is line stage only.

Condition-wise, she ain't as pretty as she should be, but she's smooth as silk, with 10 wpc.  Purchased a few years back from a dirt bag audiongoner who didn't  represent it honestly. Essentially I got screwed.  But I re-tubed it and had it gone over here in town.  Great shape mechanically, about a 6-7 on the agon scale of condition.

Strange story about it, I contacted Audio Note about this specific unit and talked with one of their guys who was surprisingly helpful.  I sent him pix and we talked about this unit.  He said it's an older OTO, maybe even an original demo unit from a dealer, he wasn't 100% sure.  Said internally it was better than the newer ones due specifically to the caps it's using, in addition to one or two other better internal parts they no longer use because of lack of availability. 

I'm trying to raise some cash to get new speakers and I'm not listening to this much anymore. 

There's one currently on Audiogon for $3000.  I assume his is newer and aethetically prettier.  I'd like to get $1200 for her.  Anyone?

Here's the BPT power center.  Few scratches on it, but works fine.  Asking $200. Comes with the BPT/Furutech power cord.  Thanks!

« Last Edit: 4 Sep 2017, 04:09 pm by kirch »

Bob in St. Charles

« Reply #367 on: 28 Aug 2017, 07:34 pm »
Kirch,

I am interested in the BPT conditioner.

What is the next step in the process?

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #368 on: 28 Aug 2017, 10:38 pm »
If BISC doesn't take it, I'll buy it!   

kirch

• "He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy!"
    • http://www.vo-pro.com
« Reply #369 on: 29 Aug 2017, 12:09 am »
I'll keep you posted!

Bob in St. Charles

« Reply #370 on: 4 Sep 2017, 04:08 pm »
Well I bought the BPT Power Conditioner and despite having company over for the Labor Day weekend I have carved out some time to listen to it and compare.

First off I was surprised by how light it is, I thought there would be more weight to match the units physical size.   Right away I was hoping I did not buying a glorified power strip. 

Into the conditioner I plugged in my turntable (a modified AR XB with arm, motor, pulley, and suspension modifications by Marc Morin), my preamp (a John Hilig designed PAS Pro1 Preamp modified with a TKD volume pot and some lovely Amperex JAN 7308 tubes), a run of the mill Samsung CD/DVD player transport, and a Stello DA 100 DAC.  My Power Amp, a fully rebuilt Musical Concepts Hafler DH 220, is powered on another outlet on a low table in-between my speakers. 

My Speakers are Acoustic Zen Adagios with Acoustic Zen Satori cables.  For this test my cartridge is a Grado Moving Iron Signature Series Cartridge with MCZ stylus. 

I started with a warmed up system and all electronics had been on for a day.  First LP  was a nice original issue of James Taylor Flag.  My first impression was that there was a slightly less pronounced high end, like the treble was turned down.  Not sure that I liked it and that I was really hearing it.   I thought the sound was more organized but I could not be sure I was hearing any difference at all. 

The second day I popped in a Diana Krall CD and I was immediately drawn deep into the music.  The quieter background is more easily noticeable.  This CD set up never sounded better.  The soundstage has a more defined front to back dimension.  Clearly the improvement was more noticeable with CD/DAC so far.  I pulled out a bunch of CDs and my impressions were favorable. 

This morning I decided to try a great sounding LP, one with studio echo and reverberations, one that captures notes decaying and new notes being generated.  Gene Ammos - Boss Tenor OJC Reissue is a great test record.  I put this on and it really sounded great.   All the improvement I heard n CD were still there.  The sweetness and tonality of the Grado is very apparent.  After a few plays I plugged the Pre-amp and the turntable into my old basic power strip.   Seriously, the difference was there.  The BPT makes the background blacker, pushes down noise. The result is the  music has a more focused 3D presentation. 

I went back to the James Taylor album and did another A-B test and I much prefer the BPT sound conditioner in than not having it. 

I know this is not a scientific study but I feel the purchase is giving me another small increment up the chain.  My system is not TOTL but  good enough to resolve the impact of using a power conditioner like this one. 

Brian (aka Kirch) was a cool guy to work with! 

Thank you to my friend Sturgus for pointing me in this direction.   

Peace, Bob

kentj1948

Some Items for Sale
« Reply #371 on: 22 Sep 2017, 08:49 pm »
Greetings,

I have some equipment that I would like to sell.  If anything interests you, give me a call. 

Audio Institute Tube Integrated Amplifier. $450.  This amp has all new matched EL-34 output tubes and has been gone through and biased by Mike Missel.  It also has a new set of NOS JAN GE 5670 input tubes.  Four line level inputs, no phono stage.  It is the quietest tube amp I have heard--nothing audible right at the tweeter.  I can pair this amp up with some very nice Paradigm Monitor 9 speakers--94dB efficient--for a very nice two channel system at only $600.

Pearl Tube Coolers.  $12 each, $70 for all seven.  These tube coolers fit EL-34 and other 1.25 inch diameter tubes such as 6SN7, 5AR4, etc.  Four have slight use on the Audio Institute amp, the other three are brand new.

Integra TUN 3.7 HD tuner.  $95  This is a very nice tuner.  It has the HD/Sirius/XM card so that you can listen to high def broadcasts or the satellite services.  Includes remote and manual.  I got great HD reception in my basement using only a "T" antenna. 

All of this equipment can be auditioned. 

« Last Edit: 4 Oct 2017, 08:31 pm by kentj1948 »

gerchin

« Reply #372 on: 25 Sep 2017, 11:35 pm »
Free to a good home. If nobody takes them, they go to recycling.
All items 1980s vintage, probably turn on without releasing any magic smoke, but no guarantees.

Sony X33ES CD player. Works, (optical) digital output OK but analog output toast.

Revox B795 turntable. Hasn't been plugged-in since maybe 2000, but I think it worked then.

Pioneer RT-1020L open-reel tape deck. ¼-track stereo, 3¾ and 7½ ips, 10" reels. As I recall one channel preamp needed help.

I'm in southern St. Charles, but I work at Westport. Meet on neutral ground, etc., etc., etc.

EDIT 9/29/17 All items taken. Thanks, everybody.
« Last Edit: 29 Sep 2017, 06:05 pm by gerchin »

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #373 on: 26 Sep 2017, 12:32 am »
Interested in the Revox, but it'll be a couple of weeks before I can get up I-44 to STL.

gerchin

« Reply #374 on: 26 Sep 2017, 01:10 am »
Interested in the Revox, but it'll be a couple of weeks before I can get up I-44 to STL.

You responded first for the Revox. I will set it aside for you. Let me know when you make the trip up from Rolla and I'll get the table to you. I'm not in Lake Saint Louis any more.

Greg

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #375 on: 26 Sep 2017, 01:13 am »
Thanks, Greg!  Not sure what I'll do with it just now.  Will probably drop it off at Mike Missel's for a once-over.   :thumb:

mjmsound

« Reply #376 on: 26 Sep 2017, 10:26 am »
I can go for the CD player.

gerchin

« Reply #377 on: 26 Sep 2017, 12:04 pm »
I can go for the CD player.
I've had multiple responses for the CD player. I'll just have to see which one was first.

vintage9594

ACI Titan II Le Subwoofer $350
« Reply #378 on: 27 Sep 2017, 01:55 am »
I have a ACI Titan II Le subwoofer for sale.  It has the cherry finish and comes with the box and packing.
There are many glowing reviews of this subwoofer so do some research and at $1200 retail was a heck of a deal when new and now at $350 used is a steal.

Prefer local St Louis area sale as shipping weight would be lofty and also possible damage.

text to 314-498-3115 for photos.

thx

high figh

« Reply #379 on: 6 Oct 2017, 06:08 pm »
Hello all,
I have a few albums for sale.
Pink Floyd DSOTM. Mobile Fidelity. Mint $40
Allman brothers. Beginnings. Japanese press. Mint with obi and insert. $20.
I have more albums that are UK pressings.
Text 314-917-8007.
Thanks, Herb.