« on: 25 Aug 2015, 07:43 pm »

Available early fall.

james

dgarratt

Re: New BRYSTON Phono
« Reply #1 on: 25 Aug 2015, 10:36 pm »
Hi James,

It's nice to see Bryston is still very much committed to analogue  :thumb:

On a performance level how do these products compare to the existing BP1.5?

cheers-

SFOX

« Reply #2 on: 26 Aug 2015, 04:01 am »
James

Typo in last paragraph:

At only 1/3 chassis side

should be

At only 1/3 chassis size ?

doveman

« Reply #3 on: 26 Aug 2015, 04:01 am »
Nice to hear. For someone thinking of getting into vinyl in the future this is another avenue, the 1.5 was probably overkill.

Out of interest you say the new components can be powered by either the new PS3 or the MPS2, is the reverse also true. For example if someone wanted a BP26, but didn't need the several outputs of the MPS2 could they instead power a BP26 with the PS3?

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #4 on: 26 Aug 2015, 10:19 am »
James

Typo in last paragraph:

At only 1/3 chassis side

should be

At only 1/3 chassis size ?

Yes thanks - caught that.

james

BrysTony

« Reply #5 on: 26 Aug 2015, 02:23 pm »
James,

How do the new phono preamps compare to the BP 1.5 on performance specs and sound quality?  How will they be priced?
Regards,

Tony

mrhyfy

« Reply #6 on: 26 Aug 2015, 02:51 pm »
Is there is BRYSTON TURNTABLE on the horizon   ?? :o

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #7 on: 26 Aug 2015, 03:02 pm »
James,

How do the new phono preamps compare to the BP 1.5 on performance specs and sound quality?  How will they be priced?
Regards,

Tony

Still working on the pricing - the circuit will be similar to what is in the BP 1.5

james

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #8 on: 26 Aug 2015, 03:03 pm »
Is there is BRYSTON TURNTABLE on the horizon   ?? :o

Definitely not  :nono:

james

95Dyna

« Reply #9 on: 26 Aug 2015, 03:13 pm »
James,

I'm planning on upgrading my existing outboard 3rd party mm/mc phono stage to the BP 1.5.  I also have a BP26MM with MPS2.  I'm using the Benz Micro Wood SL (low output) cartridge.  Would my best option be the step up transformer connected to the MM input on the BP 26?  If so will the performance be the same as the BP 1.5?

Thanks,

Bill

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #10 on: 26 Aug 2015, 03:25 pm »
James,

I'm planning on upgrading my existing outboard 3rd party mm/mc phono stage to the BP 1.5.  I also have a BP26MM with MPS2.  I'm using the Benz Micro Wood SL (low output) cartridge.  Would my best option be the step up transformer connected to the MM input on the BP 26?  If so will the performance be the same as the BP 1.5?

Thanks,

Bill

Hi Bill,

The best option would be to install the MM and MC stage into your BP-26 which eliminates connection cords but that would limit flexibility a bit.

The outboard MM stage will be the same as the one in the BP-1.5 but the step-up transformer will be different.

james

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #11 on: 28 Aug 2015, 09:20 pm »
Testing the new Bryston Phono Stage this weekend  :thumb:

95Dyna

« Reply #12 on: 1 Sep 2015, 01:38 pm »
James,

Is the BP 1.5 being replaced by the smaller footprint MM/MC?  If not, what does the BP 1.5 provide that the new stage doesn't?  Please excuse my ignorance of the subject but I'm a little confused about the MM being the same as the BP 1.5 but the step up transformer is different.  Does the current BP 1.5 use a step up to provide for low output MC's that is different from the step in the new mm/mc and standalone step up? How/when would you use the standalone step up?

Thanks.

Marius

« Reply #13 on: 1 Sep 2015, 03:50 pm »
Testing the new Bryston Phono Stage this weekend  :thumb:

seems you not only dropped  the Macbook ( :cry:) but also the Bryston logo on the middle (step-up?) module?

+1 on Dyna's questions

Cheers,
Marius

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #14 on: 1 Sep 2015, 04:22 pm »
James,

Is the BP 1.5 being replaced by the smaller footprint MM/MC?  If not, what does the BP 1.5 provide that the new stage doesn't?  Please excuse my ignorance of the subject but I'm a little confused about the MM being the same as the BP 1.5 but the step up transformer is different.  Does the current BP 1.5 use a step up to provide for low output MC's that is different from the step in the new mm/mc and standalone step up? How/when would you use the standalone step up?

Thanks.

Hi

Yes the current step-up transformer we use in the BP-26 is made by Hamond and has 24dB of gain - the new smaller TF-2 step-up will have a Jensen transformer and has a 20 or 30dB gain version available.

james

R. Daneel

« Reply #15 on: 1 Sep 2015, 06:27 pm »
Hi!

I have a few questions regarding the phono stages:
1) does the BMC come with a power supply or do you have to buy the BP-3 as well?
2) can you use the MPS-2 with the BMC instead?
3) would I need the TF-2 with BMC or would this be dependent on the cartridge used?
4) what are the expected proce points for the BMC and BP-3?
5) I am also wondering whether Bryston is planning on making an A/D converter and some kind of software that could integrate with the BDP-2?
6) as long as Bryston is making these small components, have you considered making a single-ended version of the BHA-1 headphone amplifier? With a built-in D/A converter perhaps?

Thanks!
Antun

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #16 on: 2 Sep 2015, 02:25 pm »
Hi!

I have a few questions regarding the phono stages:
1) does the BMC come with a power supply or do you have to buy the BP-3 as well?
2) can you use the MPS-2 with the BMC instead?
3) would I need the TF-2 with BMC or would this be dependent on the cartridge used?
4) what are the expected proce points for the BMC and BP-3?
5) I am also wondering whether Bryston is planning on making an A/D converter and some kind of software that could integrate with the BDP-2?
6) as long as Bryston is making these small components, have you considered making a single-ended version of the BHA-1 headphone amplifier? With a built-in D/A converter perhaps?

Thanks!
Antun

Hi Antun

1. Needs a power supply but will work with MPS-2 as well if you have a BP26
2. Yes
3. No the BMC has the TF2 built in so it can do MM or MC cartridges
4. Not sure yet but hopefully about 1/3rd less than the current prices for the BDP-1 and the MPS2
5.Its something we have thought about but no immediate plans.
6. Yes we have thought about that but people seem to want a BHA with a volume control first.

james

R. Daneel

« Reply #17 on: 2 Sep 2015, 05:15 pm »
Hi Antun

1. Needs a power supply but will work with MPS-2 as well if you have a BP26
2. Yes
3. No the BMC has the TF2 built in so it can do MM or MC cartridges
4. Not sure yet but hopefully about 1/3rd less than the current prices for the BDP-1 and the MPS2
5.Its something we have thought about but no immediate plans.
6. Yes we have thought about that but people seem to want a BHA with a volume control first.

james

Thank you James!

What do you mean by "people seem to want a BHA with a volume control"? Do you mean a volume control that can be controlled by remote?

Also, does the BMC employ discrete circuits that Bryston is known for? IMHO, that is one of the trademarks of Bryston and a feature that is quite rare nowadays.

Cheers!
Antun

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #18 on: 2 Sep 2015, 05:55 pm »
Thank you James!

What do you mean by "people seem to want a BHA with a volume control"? Do you mean a volume control that can be controlled by remote?

Also, does the BMC employ discrete circuits that Bryston is known for? IMHO, that is one of the trademarks of Bryston and a feature that is quite rare nowadays.

Cheers!
Antun

Hi

Yes a remote volume.

Yes discrete circuits.

james

alexone

• Anthony Bower, Stan Rybbert, John Stoneborough
« Reply #19 on: 2 Sep 2015, 07:09 pm »
James,

how much are the new phono preamps?