Core 12V Power Supply

MichaelHiFi

Core 12V Power Supply
« on: 3 Mar 2015, 03:50 pm »
Used this as power to my CAPs server. Moving way up the line so it is no longer needed.

I custom built the power cord for this power supply. I'm just not a fan of those cheesy 2 wire miniature cords. The connection to the source plug is mechanical (screw) while the wire used is solid strand gold over brass 18awg I as I recall.

asking $325.

kenreau

Re: Core 12V Power Supply
« Reply #1 on: 3 Mar 2015, 04:24 pm »
I'm not familiar with this Core model.  Is there only one?  I would like to know more details about this PS.  Linear, regulated, #rails, voltages, amps,  parts build quality etc. ?

Thanks
Kenreau

srb

« Reply #2 on: 3 Mar 2015, 04:35 pm »
..... while the wire used is solid strand gold over brass 18awg .....

So it is stranded wire (all strands are of course solid)?  I've never heard of brass electrical wire.  Gold over copper wire?

MichaelHiFi

« Reply #3 on: 3 Mar 2015, 08:21 pm »
It is gold over sterling silver ordered from etsy. It is a single 18awg wire actually, 2 wires of course.

:scratch: I think I should locate the cable that came with the Core.  Keep it simple :duh:

MichaelHiFi

« Reply #4 on: 4 Mar 2015, 03:32 pm »
I'm not familiar with this Core model.  Is there only one?  I would like to know more details about this PS.  Linear, regulated, #rails, voltages, amps,  parts build quality etc. ?

Thanks
Kenreau

No there are many as my buddy has one (or had one, he bought the Lumin). It's called the Kora, it's linear, well regulated, 1ea 12volt rail, 7 amps and its parts build is a secret (not my secret). I have a snapshot of the inside. I have to say, I opened a competitor PS and the Core and it was a total joke. The competitor literally had $25.00 worth of parts express parts. I wanted to throw up. This Core was the exact opposite, so impressive!