Goodbye Netflix

JRace

• Greetings one and Everyone!
Re: Goodbye Netflix
« Reply #20 on: 12 Feb 2017, 07:29 pm »
Netflix has the greatest UI out of all the streaming apps I've tried.  Wonder why Canadian Netflix seems to suck so much.
Non-American netflix's UI is no different,
Only content. Netflix provides different content based on where you are accessing it from.

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #21 on: 12 Feb 2017, 09:14 pm »
Some have used a VPI to hide their location. :eyebrows:

JRace

• Greetings one and Everyone!
« Reply #22 on: 13 Feb 2017, 12:56 am »
VPI...or...VPN?

I know they are cracking down on VPN usage, but the only way they know your on a VPN is if the VPN uses a shared IP address space for everyone. Then Netflix will see that multiple accounts are accessing it from the same IP address.
If you can find a VPN that gives each user a unique IP address then Netflix would not be able to tell.

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #23 on: 13 Feb 2017, 01:20 am »
Ooops, meant VPN.

ajzepp

« Reply #24 on: 13 Feb 2017, 09:55 am »
Netflix has the greatest UI out of all the streaming apps I've tried.  Wonder why Canadian Netflix seems to suck so much.

The only thing I can't stand about Netflix's UI is the fact that they list the number of stars based on their PREDICTION of how much I'll enjoy a title. I'd much rather just see the feedback from the community and how they rated it, not Netflix going full Miss Cleo.

jarcher

• Industry Participant
  • It Just Sounds Right
« Reply #25 on: 13 Feb 2017, 05:26 pm »
The only thing I can't stand about Netflix's UI is the fact that they list the number of stars based on their PREDICTION of how much I'll enjoy a title. I'd much rather just see the feedback from the community and how they rated it, not Netflix going full Miss Cleo.

Couldn't agree more. Took me a while to realize that one. And if other people share your account, then that star "recommendation" is even more suspect.

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #26 on: 16 Feb 2017, 06:03 am »
At this point, between Netflix, Amazon Prime, and movies on Blu Ray free from my local library, I have literally more high quality content than I can ever get through.  Even if all I ever did was watch movies/shows.  But I don't - I also listen to a ton of music and read books (for free, from the library), and spend time doing activities with my family.  Oh, and working :D