Front end magic with VSA

gammajo

Front end magic with VSA
« on: 11 Dec 2017, 02:49 am »
Don't know if this is allowed but I wanted to tell my VSA friends about my offering on Trading Post here of what I found is a great front end with VR4SR, then VR5 Anni, and now VR55. Original Owner Ayon CD5s - combines excellent transport and all digital format ready DAC with top level Class A tubed preamp with analogue volume control. VSA speakers love tubes and I personally found it is more like real music, than the top line units of other manufacturers. All new tubes and just given perfect bill of health of USA Tube Audio. I am trading up in the same line to keep the same sound which I love, and the simplicity of the one box design. PM for details.
« Last Edit: 16 Dec 2017, 01:57 am by gammajo »

Delacroix

Re: Front end magic with VSA
« Reply #1 on: 11 Dec 2017, 03:27 am »
Hey gammajo,

you've been a longstanding contributor, I think we can allow this (and let's face it, traffic is quiet recently). Of course, the pics in your trading post are likely to solicit all sorts of other comments from VSA owners!

GLWS

Patrick

gammajo

« Reply #2 on: 11 Dec 2017, 05:28 am »
Thank you Patrick! Comments welcomed.

gammajo

« Reply #3 on: 22 Dec 2017, 09:30 pm »
Just lowered price to $4,200 on the Ayon CD5s in Trading Post.
Happy Holidays to all my VSA friends!
Joe

gammajo

« Reply #4 on: 30 Jan 2018, 09:40 am »
Price just lowered to $3,500

es347

• Facilitator
  • ..I've got my eye on you...which one you say?
« Reply #5 on: 30 Jan 2018, 02:47 pm »
..hey Joe, what replaces the Ayon?

gammajo

« Reply #6 on: 30 Jan 2018, 04:03 pm »
es347
I have loved everything about the CD5s, sound most of all but also great preamp amp and DAC within saving many interconnects and power cords resulting in shorter signal path with less connectors equalling very quiet and transparent. The tubed power supply and output brings the VSA VR55s to life.
So I am staying within the Ayon line and moving up to either the Ayon CD35se ($11,500) or the Ayon CD35HF
($22,000) both which are essentially same configuration but with SACD capability and a new way of upsampling to DSD on Red Book that folks are liking. CD5S very similar to good turntable to me and the new CD35 supposed to be very close to analogue tape in sound and dynamics.

es347

• Facilitator
« Reply #7 on: 31 Jan 2018, 10:41 pm »
..nicely done Joe!  Will you be attending AXPONA this time?

Gavin

gammajo

« Reply #8 on: 1 Feb 2018, 08:28 am »
Gavin. Unfortunately I will not be attending AXPONA this year. Just completing one month in Austria for wife's cancer treatment (which has gone very well) so when I get home next week have to do some work for awhile.

es347

• Facilitator
« Reply #9 on: 1 Feb 2018, 07:45 pm »
Gavin. Unfortunately I will not be attending AXPONA this year. Just completing one month in Austria for wife's cancer treatment (which has gone very well) so when I get home next week have to do some work for awhile.

..sorry to hear about your wife’s struggles

gammajo

« Reply #10 on: 1 Feb 2018, 07:57 pm »
Thanks, we are hopeful but it has been stressful. Can't wait to get home a play some music!

gammajo

« Reply #11 on: 19 Feb 2018, 02:37 am »
Update : Sold The Ayon CD5s and have a new Ayon CD35se on the way -  have hight that it will have everything I loved about the CD5s and take things to new level.

leif8660

• Industry Participant
    • Von Schweikert Audio
« Reply #12 on: 28 Feb 2018, 12:46 am »

Joe,

Very sorry to hear about this but happy to hear the treatments have gone well.  We will keep you and your wife in our prayers.  You will be missed at Axpona.

gammajo

« Reply #13 on: 28 Feb 2018, 01:18 am »
I will miss being there at Axpona it was terrfic time last year. Hope the new venue works as well. My wife is doing well and I get to hook up my new Ayon tomorrow and listen to some tunes!