Top 10 Playlist

speltz

Re: Top 10 Playlist
« Reply #40 on: 11 Dec 2017, 12:28 am »
I am always looking for great music to use at audio shows - so this really helps. :thumb:

james
James: If you want music to demonstrate the calibre of Bryston gear — are you familiar with Alive by Hiromi? Particularly the title track. Just piano, bass, and drums — but very muscular. The drums should sound fantastic via one of your big amps. And it’s available in hi-res.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #41 on: 11 Dec 2017, 12:41 pm »
James: If you want music to demonstrate the calibre of Bryston gear — are you familiar with Alive by Hiromi? Particularly the title track. Just piano, bass, and drums — but very muscular. The drums should sound fantastic via one of your big amps. And it’s available in hi-res.

I have not - so will check it out!

Thanks

james
« Last Edit: 11 Dec 2017, 03:31 pm by James Tanner »

CanadianMaestro

• Restricted
  • Skepticism is the engine of progress
    • Hearing Everything That Nothing Can Measure
« Reply #42 on: 11 Dec 2017, 03:06 pm »
The only disc I use to test my system's bass depth and clarity is this one. The organ is stupendously recorded.

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Consulting -
« Reply #43 on: 11 Dec 2017, 07:22 pm »
The only disc I use to test my system's bass depth and clarity is this one. The organ is stupendously recorded.

Excellent recording. I use well recorded piano live. If the piano is right all else usually is. Violin as well.

charles

CanadianMaestro

• Restricted
  • Skepticism is the engine of progress
    • Hearing Everything That Nothing Can Measure
« Reply #44 on: 11 Dec 2017, 08:22 pm »

Excellent recording. I use well recorded piano live. If the piano is right all else usually is. Violin as well.

charles

Me too. Solo piano is probably the most difficult instrument to record accurately. Surprising but true. My fav recordings of solo piano:

Bruce Levingston, Heavy Sleep
Richard Goode, Beethoven Piano Sonatas (complete)
Angela Hewitt, Bach (Box set, mostly studio)
many others too...