More?

advanced101

More?
« on: 14 Jul 2014, 05:50 pm »
I've been posting on the Salk Thread.

I have a 400R and am considering an upgrade.  Is the 600R (300 w/ch) the most I can get?  Not sure if you offer anything custom that would give me more.

avahifi

Re: More?
« Reply #1 on: 14 Jul 2014, 06:53 pm »
The AVA Fet Valve 600R puts out in excess of 300W/Ch into 8 ohms and much more into 4 ohms.  Jim Salk has used one for some time now at consumer trade shows and they make the Soundscape 8s really bogey at break the windows sound levels.

If you absolutely need more power, a pair of 600R amps each bridged mono with our external ($599) phase inverter bridge will put out about a kilowatt of power per channel into 8 ohms.

That probably will be adequate power.

Frank Van Alstine

dB Cooper

« Reply #2 on: 14 Jul 2014, 10:18 pm »
On a totally unrelated topic, will you be at Capital Audiofest again this year, Frank?

avahifi

« Reply #3 on: 14 Jul 2014, 11:16 pm »
Sorry but I won't make the Capital Audio Show myself.  However Jim Salk and Dennis Murphy will be using AVA electronics, as will David Janszen.

I am recovering from minor knee surgery done last week, (trimming some painful bone spurs) so won't be mobile enough to make it this time.

Frank Van Alstine

dB Cooper

« Reply #4 on: 15 Jul 2014, 12:00 am »
Sorry to hear that. Hope you have a speedy recovery. Looking forward to hearing the Janszens via AVA. Last year they kind of felt like a 'near miss' to me but want to give them a more in depth listen this year.