If there is no limit, what kind of amp do you want?

damguz

Re: If there is no limit, what kind of amp do you want?
« Reply #40 on: 21 Apr 2017, 01:30 am »
Some seem to have missed the point of the thread. The OP is the Nuprime CEO. He is asking what future products we would like to see from Nuprime. He doesn't want or need us to post links to competitors. This thread is in the Nuprime circle.

Think about it.  :duh:

+1

damguz

« Reply #41 on: 21 Apr 2017, 01:39 am »
A 250 wpc amp at 8 ohms that doubles at 4 ohms, is 2 ohm capable and leans just a bit on the warmer side, with detail, air and transparency and does not weigh 100lbs like my current amp.  High current. True balanced with XLR and single ended inputs. It must not accentuate sibilants and it must play well with tube preamps.  Oh yeah, it must be affordable.  Is that asking for too much :)

In this line an IDA-8 with the power source of the KCH-38?  That way we could see the doubling  of wattage at 4 and 2 ohms, in a small portable box. 

rustydoglim

« Reply #42 on: 26 Apr 2017, 03:19 pm »
A 250 wpc amp at 8 ohms that doubles at 4 ohms, is 2 ohm capable and leans just a bit on the warmer side, with detail, air and transparency and does not weigh 100lbs like my current amp.  High current. True balanced with XLR and single ended inputs. It must not accentuate sibilants and it must play well with tube preamps.  Oh yeah, it must be affordable.  Is that asking for too much :)

The current MCH-K38 amp modules can do that already. STA-9 with adjustment will also meet this requirement, or you might like it the way it is.
We are aiming to advance the state of the art much further beyond this.

roscoeiii

« Reply #43 on: 26 Apr 2017, 03:52 pm »

We are aiming to advance the state of the art much further beyond this.

Like the sound of this!!  :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

I.Greyhound Fan

« Reply #44 on: 26 Apr 2017, 04:52 pm »
I would like to see an integrated amp that has a feature where you can by pass the preamp section and use another preamp in addition to a preamp out.  It should also be modular and have a built in DAC that can be upgraded as DAC technology improves.

witchdoctor

« Reply #45 on: 27 Apr 2017, 01:43 am »
I would like to see an integrated amp that has a feature where you can by pass the preamp section and use another preamp in addition to a preamp out.  It should also be modular and have a built in DAC that can be upgraded as DAC technology improves.

I think there are processors that use cards you swap in and out as tech evolves, the problem is the cards are almost as expensive as just buying a new pre-amp.

witchdoctor

« Reply #46 on: 27 Apr 2017, 01:51 am »
Wow, a lot of wishes. This is great.  As someone has nicely pointed out, this is a Nuprime circle and topic is asking for future product wish list.
Please avoid promoting other brand's products here. Thanks.

While I appreciate the spirit of this thread and your post I think you are ruining your objective. You should welcome input about your competition, it reveals a lot that you may not be aware of. Plus it saves you a lot of time and expense doing market research. Here is a link FYI-

http://pestleanalysis.com/marketing-competitor-analysis/

I.Greyhound Fan

« Reply #47 on: 27 Apr 2017, 03:28 am »
I think there are processors that use cards you swap in and out as tech evolves, the problem is the cards are almost as expensive as just buying a new pre-amp.

The new card should be affordable.  And there is no reason for it not to be.

JackD

« Reply #48 on: 27 Apr 2017, 04:11 am »
Schitt and Aqua both have had the ability to swap DAC boards for a while and doesn't cost more than a new unit or close.

Mr.tangco

« Reply #49 on: 29 Apr 2017, 04:28 pm »
Realise that Mr Lim is interested in a wish list for amp specs, but just wanted to put in a couple of suggestions on amps for HT use. I'd love to see a version of the STA-9 with trigger inputs just like the STA-6, for use in a home theatre system. Also, if there's a way to retrofit the sta-9 , sta-6 chassis (and upcoming RPi chassis) with rackmount ears / fittings to fit in a home theatre rack cabinet or pro audio rack case, it'll be great too!

Looking forward to news on the Omnia and the RPi chassis - it's great to see a company such as Nuprime leading the way with truly exciting audio developments!

rustydoglim

« Reply #50 on: 5 May 2017, 06:51 pm »
While I appreciate the spirit of this thread and your post I think you are ruining your objective. You should welcome input about your competition, it reveals a lot that you may not be aware of. Plus it saves you a lot of time and expense doing market research. Here is a link FYI-

http://pestleanalysis.com/marketing-competitor-analysis/

Thanks but this is not a competitive market research that I am conducting. I specifically wants to know what our customers like to see in future Nuprime amplifier products. But I like your point and I might start a new topic asking for competitor's products.

joegator81

« Reply #51 on: 17 May 2017, 12:13 am »
Since I use subs, I wouldn't mind a built in adjustable high pass filter in the stereo amp so that could remove extra unneeded effort put upon the amp and the speakers. Perhaps it's not practical since I've never seen it on a stereo amp before but I would love that feature. Also, it should go without saying, the crossover should as transparent as possible

RafaPolit

• www.rafaelpolit.com
« Reply #52 on: 18 May 2017, 11:05 pm »
I want an integrated DAC-amp much like the IDA-8, but not hindered to better sell higher end products.  I need two optical inputs and a USB B input. The coaxial is optional.

So, I have to buy into the twice as expensive IDA-16 just for that extra connector? It doesn't make sense.

Make each product really a better hardware than the smaller product, that will sell me on a twice as expensive product.  Don't just limit the connectors so people need to upgrade.  And don't push the space concerns issues, you can make a slightly bigger case and fit those extra connectors.

For instance, if analog connectors are digitized, avoid them and provide another real digital input.

Also, make te proprietary USB spdif connector a hybrid that can take iPhone and iPads connector to do a direct play of local music.  That will make it much more versatile, again, instead of pushing your omnia as the only valid solution.

Peach tree has, according to reviews, achieved the best possible sound with that direct iPhone connector and locally stored high fi music.

As it is, that connector is a waste of space that, again, could fit a more versatile and universal connector.

The amp section should be 4ohm-16ohm compatible always.

Some minor tunning of bass, treble and balance could help cope with less than ideal components, but I understand the technical reasons not to include those, so maybe a 'switchable' module that can be bypassed altogether if not needed?

That would be my wishlist, best regards,
Rafa.

in1unison

« Reply #53 on: 28 May 2017, 02:02 pm »
Amp where one could "dial-in" sonic preferences wirelessly would be nice!  8)

rustydoglim

« Reply #54 on: 28 May 2017, 05:07 pm »
That's hardware EQ, that will required an integrated amp with DSP DAC. Some entry to mid level integrated amp (especially chip based amps) can do that, but it doesn't sound good for high end system. 

CharlesKu

« Reply #55 on: 28 May 2017, 05:45 pm »
We are glad to have so many satisfied customers. The past two years have been a great leap for NuPrime.
We have several ideas to put into the "next gen" amp. But I will like to hear what you have in mind.
I want your wish list, if anything is possible.
super amp A (2ch): DAC ES9038PRO (with bluetooth and wifi) + (A) - Op Amp + Full Bridge (F) + Power supply can be Switching (S)
super amp B (8ch): DAC ES9038PRO (with bluetooth and wifi) + (B) - ULCAM (Ultra Linear Class A Module) + (C) - SECAM (Single Ended Class A Module) Full Bridge (F) + Power supply can be Switching (S)

in1unison

« Reply #56 on: 28 May 2017, 05:55 pm »
I was thinking more in line of relay switch selecting between diferent hardware configurations or combination thereof.

rustydoglim

« Reply #57 on: 28 May 2017, 06:59 pm »
We are thinking of offering custom opamp (build with transistors) for sound tuning in some future products.

in1unison

« Reply #58 on: 28 May 2017, 08:46 pm »
An idea: work on an AI module able to detect our cognitive hearing abilities and affinities, delivering signal to the speakers accordingly  :wink:

restrav

« Reply #59 on: 28 May 2017, 08:56 pm »
1. MCH K38 as a 2-channel reference amp or as mono amps.
2. Redo the ST-10 as mono amps with upgraded caps
3. Upgraded IDA-8 with 150w/ch
~~~~~~~~~~
4. DAC-10H with the 9038 chip

That's a good start, I guess.

Thanks for asking.  :)

its interesting to me to see people excited by ESS chips, I have been consistently underwhelmed by every design based on these chips. $500, $2k or 10k. The biggest waste of my time and money has been the Dual mono balanced femto clock LHLABS DAC based on ESS.  but then again im always disappointed by every wilson audio speaker as well so what do i know? :D