I like batteries/charger noise

django11

• Canuckistani
I like batteries/charger noise
« on: 8 Nov 2011, 12:48 am »
Just to give my review of the batteries.  When I A/B the power supplies (going back and forth from the stock PS to batteries) I can definitely hear a difference.  The batteries give a fuller, smoother sound.    I tried it on my girlfriend, who is not prone to the placebo effect on things audio, and she could tell the difference between the two power supplies and preferred the sound of the batteries.
Having said that, twice while listening I thought to myself how incredible the amp sounded with batteries, only to walk over and see that it was actually the stock PS that was plugged in :lol:.

A slight problem:

When I entered my room today there was a high pitched sound coming from somewhere.  Everything was turned off.  It turns out that the Soneil charger was emitting the sound.  Un-plugging the charger from the batteries and the sound stopped.  The batteries were fully charged at the time..  Anybody have a comment?

virtue

• Facilitator
  • Making audio lovers audiophiles
    • Virtue Audio
Re: I like batteries/charger noise
« Reply #1 on: 8 Nov 2011, 02:15 am »
Strange.  That would be our first bad Soneil if true.  We'll replace it no problem - contact Cami.

django11

• Canuckistani
« Reply #2 on: 8 Nov 2011, 12:09 pm »
 :o, I wasn't expecting that.  This is a used unit that I purchased from a forum member.    The charger still seems to charge .  And right now I've plugged it back onto the battery and it is not making a peep.  Maybe it just had temporary indigestion?  I've been leaving it plugged into the wall even when it is not plugged to the batteries.  Any issue there?

Jason T

• Industry Participant
  • Enjoying the music
    • custom cables
« Reply #3 on: 8 Nov 2011, 02:56 pm »
:o, I wasn't expecting that.  This is a used unit that I purchased from a forum member.    The charger still seems to charge .  And right now I've plugged it back onto the battery and it is not making a peep.  Maybe it just had temporary indigestion?  I've been leaving it plugged into the wall even when it is not plugged to the batteries.  Any issue there?

If the noise itself was emitting from the charger we need to replace it.

Please email me
cables@virtueaudio.com

satori

« Reply #4 on: 24 May 2013, 11:06 am »
My charger squeals too and always has. It's not loud, so I can live with it, but if I can get it replaced that would be great.