Greetings

volsfan846

Greetings
« on: 2 Feb 2016, 02:29 am »
Hello all,

Am looking to upgrade my sound system, step 1, new speakers. I joined this forum because I am very intrigued by Salk Speakers. They certainly look nice and the reviews are positive. I will continue to learn and ask questions as I get my education.

Thanks,

Don

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
Re: Greetings
« Reply #1 on: 2 Feb 2016, 02:44 am »
Welcome to AudioCircle, Don.  :beer:

Yep, Salk's are damn fine. Jim Salk is quite awesome, too.  :thumb:

ACHiPo

« Reply #2 on: 2 Feb 2016, 02:49 am »
Welcome, Don!

There are lots of cool speakers around these pages, and knowledgeable and helpful folks, too.

Guy 13

« Reply #3 on: 2 Feb 2016, 03:24 am »
A warm welcome to AudioCircle Mr. Don.

Guy 13

Phil A

« Reply #4 on: 2 Feb 2016, 03:54 am »
Welcome to AC!

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
« Reply #5 on: 2 Feb 2016, 08:10 am »
Greetings & Welcome to AC Don  :thumb: 

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
« Reply #6 on: 2 Feb 2016, 11:48 am »
Welcome Don.

Salk speakers are fantastic looking, Jim is a great guy, and he does a lot of customization work.  They'd make my very nice solid cherry furniture look shabby, so Salk's craftsmanship is frankly too nice for most decors.

The Salk house sound is best suited for combined audio/home theater use.  Of course as with any speaker you need to audition for yourself. 

TrungT

« Reply #7 on: 2 Feb 2016, 12:35 pm »
Welcome to AC  :thumb:

volsfan846

« Reply #8 on: 8 Feb 2016, 05:11 pm »
Thanks all for the welcome and the kind words. I picked up a set of very nice Salk HT3's Saturday. They are absolutely beautiful and sound fantastic to me. Getting a new Onkyo A/V Pre-amp delivered today and a Crown 2502 tomorrow to start with. Hope I won't have to go any further but I have never used Crown amps before. Heard good things, but we will see. Here are the fronts, I won't post picks of the center and sub, but they are all in the same finish. They already sound great even on my entry level Denon receiver.

barnestn

« Reply #9 on: 9 Feb 2016, 12:33 pm »
 Welcome to AC.  Go Salk and Go Vols!

volsfan846

« Reply #10 on: 10 Feb 2016, 09:31 pm »
Welcome to AC.  Go Salk and Go Vols!

Thanks. You would be amazed how few people catch the Tennessee connection in my name.

Those HT3's seem to really like the Crown amp. They are not terribly efficient speakers, not bad, but not Klipsch like either. And that 775 wpc into 4 ohms really makes them sing. Brought out all the bass and mid-bass I was missing with that entry level receiver I had. Night and day difference. For sure will never need a more powerful amp. I will do more critical listening this weekend to see if they are clean enough. Initial review from last night, they are fine. There was no hum regardless how high I turned up the gain. Using the XLR balanced output from the Onkyo probably helps with that.