Nearsota.com OTA wire

Hantra

Nearsota.com OTA wire
« on: 18 Jan 2004, 12:35 am »
All:

Just a quick blurb here.  I was previously using some 47 Labs OTA for hooking up the audio PC to the RCA jacks.  I had tried some CAT5 too, and the OTA was clearly better, but very fragile once it is stripped.  

ABEX at Nearsota.com sent me some of his OTA to try out.  It's fantastic wire!  It's not as brittle as the 47 Labs OTA.  And here's the good part. . . It sounds a LOT better!!!  This is VERY good wire.  Not sure what the secret is, but don't spend the money on the 47 Labs.  

This stuff is great!  Much smoother than the 47 Labs without loosing detail.  The soundstage is quite a bit deeper as well.  I am impressed . . .

Maybe I'll try some of the interconnects if this sounds that good. . .

Thanks ABEX!

mgalusha

Nearsota.com OTA wire
« Reply #1 on: 18 Jan 2004, 05:46 pm »
I'm looking forward to trying some as well. ABEX sent a good length to Wayne at BOLDER Cables to experiment with and he was kind enough to provide me with some. I'm hoping to have a new set of bullet plugs next week and build a pair of IC's with the wire. Glad to hear it worked well for you.  :thumb:

Mike

ABEX

Nearsota.com OTA wire
« Reply #2 on: 20 Jan 2004, 02:54 am »
Thanks for the kind words as I was impressed with it when I replaced 47's. Seemed to do a few things differently.  

I shall be sending out a few Silver Spiral IC Designs also which are really special to me. I have had positive feedback from sevral quarters on them.

You can also use this Hook-up wire with 47's Plastic Plugs,as internal wire for speakers which I do and internal wires for Pre-Amps and other applications.

All my cables use a  Proprietary  material which is different and
which for some reason has an effect on overall sonic delivery. I wish I knew why it works,but it just does.

There are a few other designs which I shall be adding in the near future which are being outsourced,but very expensive.One is an alloy that the designer I know is working on at the moment. They are totally new and revolutionary.Will  be using OCC in designs soon also.

I tried to get the good wires without breaking the pocket of us Audioheads!

Sorry for the site not being all it could be ,but I shall be working on that in the future.

Hope you like the cables.

amandarae

Nearsota.com OTA wire
« Reply #3 on: 20 Jan 2004, 06:42 pm »
I've been using Larry's cables for 4-5 months now.    I am using Eichmanns as connectors too.  I have 5 pairs of the IC's and re-wire my preamp with the remaining wires.  The sound is very good indeed as the reason for selling my other interconnects.  I posted a review of the wires at AA some time ago.  Here's a link if you are interested.

http://db.audioasylum.com/cgi/m.pl?forum=cables&n=84885&highlight=arevz&r=&session=