Iego Power Cords Review: All Five!

Big Red Machine

Re: Iego Power Cords Review: All Five!
« Reply #20 on: 7 Jun 2008, 11:03 am »
I've probably asked this before, but where is the best bang for your buck with PC's?  My thinking was the preamp, amp, and then maybe the DAC in that order.  I usually worry less about a Squeezebox power supply item.

I have a Lessloss on the pre and a nice Moon Silver Dragon on the Pass Lab and the original Iego's silver platedon the other stuff with a few Signal Cable PCs thrown in.  Not sure where to apply one, but was interested in the gold version C for more body.  But needing almost 3 meters for the amp attempt and only 1 to 2 meters for the pre.....

^Opinions?^

cryoparts

« Reply #21 on: 7 Jun 2008, 05:05 pm »
My theory/opinion is to start at the source with your "best" PC and work your way downstream. 

Peace,

Lee

I've probably asked this before, but where is the best bang for your buck with PC's?  My thinking was the preamp, amp, and then maybe the DAC in that order.  I usually worry less about a Squeezebox power supply item.

I have a Lessloss on the pre and a nice Moon Silver Dragon on the Pass Lab and the original Iego's silver platedon the other stuff with a few Signal Cable PCs thrown in.  Not sure where to apply one, but was interested in the gold version C for more body.  But needing almost 3 meters for the amp attempt and only 1 to 2 meters for the pre.....

^Opinions?^

Jon L

« Reply #22 on: 7 Jun 2008, 07:38 pm »
More updates added to the first page. 

All I can say is I can remember not too many years ago when many audiophiles believed only certain $2-3000 boutique power cords were "good enough," and much hype was generated by everybody.  And frankly, at the time not too many companies were even marketing "audiophile" cords.  Now it seems like everybody and their uncle is selling power cords; while one must be careful and filter out some of the losers, now we have much wider choice of performances and more importantly prices.  More choice is always a good thing IMO if you are a careful shopper  :thumb: 

brj

« Reply #23 on: 8 Jun 2008, 10:05 pm »
My compliments to everyone for keeping this thread on topic and not veering off into a debate concerning the value of cables.  This circle is intended for cable reviews and that focus should be remembered by all.

I would note that technical and test data are every bit as encouraged as listening impressions.  We welcome everyone's opinions, whether from the subjectivist or objectivist camps, as long as the they are expressed cordially and respectfully.  As long as things remain friendly and helpful, the thread will remain open and intact.

Thank you!

- Co-facilitator of the Critic's Circle

Zyca

• Industry Participant
    • Acoustic Fun Web Store!
« Reply #24 on: 18 Jun 2008, 10:11 am »
Thanks brj,

Anyone got any questions regarding the cable, connector or would like to know something about how it is made, please don't hesitate to ask. ;)

Zyca

• Industry Participant
« Reply #25 on: 24 Jun 2008, 12:35 am »

^Opinions?^

Swap them around a little bit while you are listening, you may find one cable that works better on on equipments than the other ones, but as cryoparts had said, it is usually best to start with the best and work downstream.  (If you do have a power filter/power bar, use the best cable there).

sac8d4

« Reply #26 on: 24 Jun 2008, 04:16 am »
Zyca,
what is the overall gauge (per leg)?

Zyca

• Industry Participant
« Reply #27 on: 24 Jun 2008, 04:22 am »
Zyca,
what is the overall gauge (per leg)?

appox 13awg for L70530
appox 12awg for L80229

since the cable is designed using metric units, thus the size does not translate to exact gauge numbers, but they are close, and are all capable of handling more than 15A of current.

Of course, for safety reasons, keep it at 15A or less when you are using it. ;)  (since there's going to be more than just the above cables in the current's path when you are using power. ;)

mca

« Reply #28 on: 4 Jul 2008, 05:49 am »
I am interested in the Iego power cord for my amp and wonder if you can share an opinion on which one might best suite me. The amp is a class D Wyred4Sound and I am using an 8' BSC Violet plugged directly into the wall. With this combination I find the overall sound a bit thin and the highs to be a little piercing on vocals at times. What model in the Iego lineup would be best match up with this amp to try and tame these problems?

Zyca

• Industry Participant
« Reply #29 on: 4 Jul 2008, 06:06 am »
I am interested in the Iego power cord for my amp and wonder if you can share an opinion on which one might best suite me. The amp is a class D Wyred4Sound and I am using an 8' BSC Violet plugged directly into the wall. With this combination I find the overall sound a bit thin and the highs to be a little piercing on vocals at times. What model in the Iego lineup would be best match up with this amp to try and tame these problems?

Personally, I feel that the L70530+8055 (E) as it will better smooth out the Class D sonic signature and give it more flavor.  Additionally you can also consider L80229 with 8075 or 8085 (B and E) for even smoother sound plus their own unique signature.

I do not recommend L70530 + 8065 (D) if your system sounds the way you mentioned, it may enhance what you a feeling and making the current flaw even more visible.  It is best used for sparking up dark sounding gears.