Upcoming Reviews...stay tuned

reflex

• Look & Listen Mobile, Alabama
Upcoming Reviews...stay tuned
« on: 25 Feb 2008, 11:59 pm »
I've been fortunate enough to get quite a few new cables in da house, some on a permanent basis, some on loan from the manufacturer.  Coming soon will be interconnect reviews on the White Zombie La Cacanya Silver, DH Labs Revelation Silver, Reality Cables IC SE, and one from a yet to be available manufacturer called Synapse..their Copper Air IC.

Speaker cable reviews will be on a biwire Reality Cable SC and the new (available I think) DH Labs Revelation SP ($3850 for a single 8' run, $7700 for an 8' biwire).

Power cable reviews will be the as yet unfinalized Black Sand Violet ZII and the new DH Labs Red Wave.

I've got other cables for comparison to all these new arrivals (Black Sand Violet Z1, Zu Bok, Zu Wax, Zu Varial, AQ Sky, AQ Mont Blanc).  After some break-in on everything the comparisons will begin.  I would appreciate any thoughts any of you might have on what you feel would be most beneficial to everyone when I get ready to share my observations about all this stuff.  Any procedures you might advise, anything that has worked well for you in the past.

My system is rather simple, so it makes things a bit easier, in my mind.  Musical Fidelity A3.5 Integrated and A.3.5CD, both heavily isolated from vibration, JMLab Eclipse 926 speakers and Era Sub 10.  The room is well treated.

reflex

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
Re: Upcoming Reviews...stay tuned
« Reply #1 on: 26 Feb 2008, 08:18 am »
My system is rather simple, so it makes things a bit easier, in my mind.
Simple is better...and a lot easier. Have fun.... :thumb:

reflex

« Reply #2 on: 26 Feb 2008, 01:04 pm »
I listened to Gregg Straley's Reality Cable speaker cable and the Synaspe IC all last evening...wow....  Resolution way better than what I've heard from this system before, but most important, an improved soundstage and texture to everything, especially upper bass frequencies.  On female vocals, I never heard any glare on vocal peaks, even when I was pushing the volume a bit.  The power cables have something to do with this, I'm sure.  Everything has to get broken yet, still, but so far the best sound I've heard out of my little system.

The DH Labs Revelation IC's & speaker cables should arrive today, so tonight should be interesting.  I'm hoping to begin posting final thoughts on each category of wiring this weekend.

DTB300

« Reply #3 on: 26 Feb 2008, 01:47 pm »
The original DL Lab Revelation was one of the best silver IC's I have heard.

I have listened to many cables myself:  DH Lab, AQ, JPS Labs, Monster, Kimber, DIY, Tara Labs, MIT, Zu Cable and probably some others I cannot remember at this moment in time, and I have found the Zu Cables one of the best performers for the money in my setup.  I have yet to find an IC I like better than the Varial and I have auditioned ones costing anywhere from 2-3 times more (and the folks at Zu are wonderful to work with).

But each person needs to audition cables in their setup as there is NO BEST cable out there.  Just what sounds best in your setup, for your room, for your ears, for your budget.

Philistine

« Reply #4 on: 26 Feb 2008, 01:57 pm »
Hi Reflex, I performed a speaker cable test last year with Zu/Acoustic Zen/Signal Cable/Nordost/Reality and preferred Gregg's cables by a large margin. This is not the reason for my post - I have a Musical Fidelity KW500 integrated amp and the distributors, Signal Path, told me that the pre-amp and power amp sections were not hard wired but connected by a regular IC.  I took the top off and found they used a Nordost Solar Wind IC, I found improvements by switching this and concluded with a Reality IC.  The reason I mention this is that you might want to check your MF integrated to see of this an option?

In the meantime I look forwards to the rest of your review.

reflex

« Reply #5 on: 26 Feb 2008, 05:09 pm »
I'll have to give David Soloman a call and ask him about my A3.5.  If you've ever met David, there isn't a nicer guy in this biz, nor many more knowledgable.  I've got a pair of his Era Design 5 bookshelf speakers, which I probably will never sell and am still using the Era Sub 10.