New to Audio circle

audiofun

New to Audio circle
« on: 7 Dec 2017, 04:55 am »
Hi, just wanted to know if any had some experience with john Blue speakers.  :scratch:

dB Cooper

Re: New to Audio circle
« Reply #1 on: 7 Dec 2017, 01:22 pm »
Guess we'll find out. Welcome to the sweet spot.

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
« Reply #2 on: 7 Dec 2017, 01:28 pm »
Welcome.

You can do a search to find out.  I do seem to recall some comments regarding them.

Phil A

« Reply #3 on: 7 Dec 2017, 02:13 pm »
Welcome to AC!

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
« Reply #4 on: 7 Dec 2017, 02:50 pm »
Greetings & Welcome to AC audiofun   :thumb:

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
« Reply #5 on: 7 Dec 2017, 03:23 pm »
Welcome to AC.

If I'm not mistaken, JB is no longer in business, but you may already know this.

audiofun

« Reply #6 on: 7 Dec 2017, 06:51 pm »
Thank you for the warm welcome, just a little bit about me.
I have been experiencing Audio for the last 38 years, owning a lot of great equipment, but always pursuing something new.
For the past 10 years  a friend and I are buying together gear and rotating it, it was a great idea until we disagree on some pieces and then owning too many pieces.
The reason I was asking about John Blue is I want to thin the herd and probably have a tube based desktop system and looking for speakers to match since I am spending most of my time in my home office.

JakeJ

« Reply #7 on: 10 Dec 2017, 04:28 am »
Hello and welcome to AC, audiofun!  This John Blue? http://www.johnblue-audio.com/  Looks to be open for business to me.

Another option mught be to go with active two-ways and a DAC/headphone amp/pre plus the sources of your choice.  Just did that with a Grace Design m920 and a pair of Paradigm Acrive/40's and a pair of Audeze EL-8.  Sources are the PC and a Naim NAT-05 tuner.

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
« Reply #8 on: 10 Dec 2017, 11:16 am »
Hello and welcome to AC, audiofun!  This John Blue? http://www.johnblue-audio.com/  Looks to be open for business to me.

Another option mught be to go with active two-ways and a DAC/headphone amp/pre plus the sources of your choice.  Just did that with a Grace Design m920 and a pair of Paradigm Acrive/40's and a pair of Audeze EL-8.  Sources are the PC and a Naim NAT-05 tuner.

Welcome.  Personally I'm not a flipper of gear, but I know people who are, most of which are quite knowledgable.

audiostream.com is a good place to start the search for desktop systems from $300 (JBL LSR 305 + Dragonfly DAC) on up.