Infinity IRS Beta

rpatel

Infinity IRS Beta
« on: 3 Dec 2017, 07:51 am »
I am interested in buying a set of Infinity IRS Beta's, but only concerned about driver longevity. Does anyone know who repairs or refurbishes (and supplies replacement) EMIT and or EMIM drivers?

FullRangeMan

• Facilitator
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
Re: Infinity IRS Beta
« Reply #2 on: 3 Dec 2017, 05:59 pm »
I am interested in buying a set of Infinity IRS Beta's, but only concerned about driver longevity. Does anyone know who repairs or refurbishes (and supplies replacement) EMIT and or EMIM drivers?
Welcome aboard Patel :thumb:
Not good news for Infinity owners:
http://www.theabsolutesound.com/articles/infinity-co-founder-arnie-nudell-19372017/

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
« Reply #3 on: 3 Dec 2017, 06:28 pm »
Greetings & Welcome to AC rpatel   :thumb:

glynnw

• I have tin ears.
« Reply #4 on: 3 Dec 2017, 10:38 pm »
At one time (and maybe now?) there was a guy on eBay selling used speakers who was also doing repair work.  I think he lived in Tennessee. just took time to look it up and here he is.  Good luck.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/INFINITY-MINI-IRS-EMIM-EMIT-Speaker-System-w-12-BETA-Servo-Woofer-System/222670627538?hash=item33d83422d2:g:9fwAAOSwn45Z2RB3
« Last Edit: 4 Dec 2017, 01:41 am by glynnw »

rpatel

« Reply #5 on: 5 Dec 2017, 06:25 am »
Thanks for all the links guys, they will be helpful.

Yes, very sad to hear about Arnie Nudell, one of the greats! I read he was working on a new speaker with Paul McGowan, who says he is planning on introducing them in honor of Arnie Nudell in 2018. Can't wait!