This is making me lose my mind - read at your own risk!

glynnw

• I have tin ears.
I have been using JRiver happily for years, having it on 2 networked PCs both capable of sending signal to my ultraRendu.  I use PC "A" most of time for music playback.  PC "B" is at a desk so I use it whenever I need to type a lot.  I just bought a nice Brooklyn DAC and simultaneously got 6 months free Tidal HIFI (thanks to a tip here on the circle) and want to try MQA.  Brooklyn sounds great - cannot get MQA  to work, but that is not the problem.   I installed Tidal and Linn Kazoo player (following directions from Sonore) on PC "B" and can get Tidal through Kazoo to play thru ultraRendu.  Yesterday, using PC "B" I played the Replacements on Tidal thru ultraRendu - all working as desired.  I did notice that if I left JRiver running on PC "A" the album cover and title from Tidal appeared - I liked that although I didn't understand it.  OK.  I turn off the Replacements on Kazoo on PC "B" and go sit down at main system and use PC "A" and JRiver to play something.  After the first song the Replacements started playing and album cover and song title appear on JRiver on PC "A".  I check PC "B" and Kazoo is not operating - that is how things should be.  I turn off PC "B" and the Replacements still plays.  I disconnect PC "B" from the router - the Replacements are still playing.  I finally get that to stop by firing up PC "B", bringing up Kazoo and hitting Pause (there is no stop button) - this stops the Replacements.  This morning I turn on both PCs, use PC "A" to play music thru JRiver.  After the first song ends the Replacements again start playing although I have not used PC "B" for any music at all.  Again I have to bring up Kazoo on PC "B" and hit pause to get it to end.  WTF?

glynnw

• I have tin ears.
Re: This is making me lose my mind - read at your own risk!
« Reply #1 on: 28 Nov 2017, 06:34 pm »
As I was typing above entry, Eagles started playing thru ultraRendu - from last Tidal/Kazoo session.  I  couldn't get pause on Kazoo  to stay in effect - music just kept restarting.  So I turned off both PCs, disconnected all from router and it still kept playing.  Finally I  unplugged DAC from ultraRendu to stop it.  Do not know what will happen when I reconnect all.

Tubeburner

« Reply #2 on: 28 Nov 2017, 08:35 pm »
It sounds like you have a Kazoo player installed on the uRendu. I would ask Jesus if Kazoo would write onto the uRendu card?

Blu99Zoomer

« Reply #3 on: 28 Nov 2017, 08:37 pm »
glynnw,

I had a Beaglebone Black in my system for a while.  I too have a couple of PC's in my intranet.  The BBB was connected to the computer in the system in the living room.  My main JRiver library was in the computer in the study. There were a couple of times where I had turned on the living room system to find music playing that I had not played there locally but imported from the study computer the previous time I had listened through the BBB.  It seemed that there was some internal memory in the BBB that held on to a small amount of information.  Similar?

Best,

Blu99Zoomer

glynnw

• I have tin ears.
« Reply #4 on: 28 Nov 2017, 09:34 pm »
My system is all hardwired. I can only think the ultraRendu must have a memory.  That or my ethernet cable is magic.

Vincent Kars

• The Well Tempered Computer
    • The Well Tempered Computer
« Reply #5 on: 28 Nov 2017, 10:17 pm »
I’m not familiar with Kazoo but it is a DLNA control point.
It send commands to the renderer.
The command is something like "play the file X located on computer Y", kind of URL is send to the renderer. The only thing the renderer has to remember is this URL and pull the date from this server.
Now if you send a command like this including “auto repeat” I can imagine a renderer will continue to play forever.
Just a guess

glynnw

• I have tin ears.
« Reply #6 on: 29 Nov 2017, 04:27 am »
Thanks - I'll check that out.