Hi guys emerald physics cs2.3 query

Nickyrboy

Hi guys emerald physics cs2.3 query
« on: 10 Oct 2017, 09:45 am »
Hi guys firstly thanks for letting me join audiocircle I’ve been a long time lurker.
I’ve just purchased a pair of emerald physics cs2.3 secondhand and unfortunately the behringer has been wiped does anyone have or able to point me in the direction of the correct settings for it?
Thanks
Nick

Nickyrboy

Re: Hi guys emerald physics cs2.3 query
« Reply #1 on: 10 Oct 2017, 09:50 am »
Guys also my apologies I think I should have used this to introduce myself a bit more than ask a query. I am a guy who enjoys music probably not an audiophile per se but always strives to create a lifelike sound which to me has a significant amount of top End and low end, not like loudness.
I’ve had many many pairs of speakers including Celestion 44, imf Tls, pmc mb2, klipsch palladium, jbl 4350, several pairs of ess amt, Yamaha NS1000 etc etc. Some have been excellent some just okay but none has had exactly what I’m after. Fingers crossed with your assistance I’ll get the sound I want!
I run them through a Rotel rb5000 which has more than enough headroom for any speaker.
Thanks
Nick

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
« Reply #2 on: 10 Oct 2017, 10:51 am »
Welcome to AudioCircle, Nick.  :beer:

Phil A

« Reply #3 on: 10 Oct 2017, 02:19 pm »
Welcome!

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
« Reply #4 on: 10 Oct 2017, 02:36 pm »
Greetings & Welcome to AC Nick   :thumb:

Nickyrboy

« Reply #5 on: 11 Oct 2017, 09:54 pm »
Hi Guys thanks for the warm welcome look forward to conversing with you all! 

FullRangeMan

• Facilitator
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #6 on: 11 Oct 2017, 10:43 pm »
Welcome Nick :thumb:
Some these speakers are expensive,
what is your favorite?

jpm

« Reply #7 on: 11 Oct 2017, 11:39 pm »
Hi Nick,

have you tried contacting Emerald Physics for the Behringer config? Walter Liederman of Underood HiFi owns Emerald Physics these days, but EP was started by Clayton Shaw of Spatial Audio who also have a circle here, so if all else fails you could try posting in the Spatial circle just in case ...
« Last Edit: 13 Oct 2017, 05:12 pm by jpm »

Nickyrboy

« Reply #8 on: 13 Oct 2017, 08:33 am »
Hi
Fullrangeman: I would say some were quite different from the others and it does totally depend on what you are looking for.  The JBL4350 reproduce the sound of live music like nothing else I've ever heard and if this is your goal simply can't be beaten in my opinion.  The NS1000 provide more detail retrevial (on the right electronics) than anything else and have great dynamics but their bass does leave a little to be desired.  The PMC MB2 need a massive amount of watts to wake them up and a decent bit of volume when they have this they are probably the best of them all but they do need volume at low level they are fairly uninvolving IMHO.

JPM:  I have emailed Emerald Physics several time and never had any response from them which is a bit disappointing.  I may as you kindly suggest be a bit cheeky and post in the spatial audio forum.
Thanks
Nick 

FullRangeMan

• Facilitator
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #9 on: 13 Oct 2017, 05:20 pm »
Thanks for yours impressions Nick,
I appreciated :D

jpm

« Reply #10 on: 13 Oct 2017, 05:26 pm »
I have emailed Emerald Physics several time and never had any response from them which is a bit disappointing.

Some manufacturers, including some highly regarded and represented here, simply ignore emails. Unfortunately, if you already own their equipment you no longer have the option to boycott them for this "preference".

If EP isn't answering email, try going old school and making a voice call using the phone. Walter Liederman himself is very much a phone guy and if you call Underwood HiFi you'll probably speak with him directly.

Nickyrboy

« Reply #11 on: 29 Oct 2017, 04:57 pm »
Hi All

Just a quick update I kindly (finally!) got a reply from Emerald physics with the cs2.3 behringer settings which was great news.  But now I have a weird question the behringer settings supplied are for a 3 way speaker with all relevant crossover points and equalization but I thought you only used the behringer for the low frequencies and the rest was via the passive crossover.  Am I wrong?

Thanks
Nick