TEO Audio GC Interconnects

martinr

TEO Audio GC Interconnects
« on: 12 Aug 2017, 01:34 am »
There has been a fair bit of discussion regarding these "liquid metal" interconnects on this site and especially on Audiogon....I want to thank Big Red Machine for his review and discussion of these cables under the path of least resistance.  His review piqued my interest in these and all I can say is I am VERY glad I purchased a pair. 

My system:  Odyssey Stratos monos (Kismet uggrade), Candela Pre with upgraded caps, Hal MS 3 server with fidelizer, J river in native mode, Uptone Regen, Gustard X20 DAC upgraded,  VS 4 Next Gen 3 Hovland speakers bi amped with Morrow SP6 cables.

These .6 meter interconnects replaced a pair of (approximately 6 year old) Grover SC .6 meter interconnects between the dac and pre.

I am not one to do a lot of break in of cables prior to listening....I started listening to these out of the box.  Now I have about 30 hours on them, TEO says they require 200 hours. 

BL - In my system these are definitely game changers.   Overall the soundstage is deeper not only in depth but has a heavier feel without losing any detail.  In fact there is quite a bit more detail throughout the spectrum.  Male and female vocals sound so much better than with the Grovers (which are not low end cables by any means).  Vocal mid range is just purer sounding than before, vocal highs are much smoother with no loss in detail.  The highs of Eva Cassidy's voice on songbird is smooth and more extended than before.  Drum cymbals are better delineated and sound more real than before.  Notes roll off a little slower than before (longer decay), but the transients between notes are faster than before if that makes sense.... I believe this characteristic contributes to the larger and overall better sounding and slightly more relaxed feeling soundstage.  Instruments are better defined and small details such as guitar picks hitting strings or a small cymball crash in the background on Lyle Lovett's "She's Already Made Up Her Mind", is brought out of the background (which is "black" as ever).
I did notice that in this digital system, if I don't have fidelizer turned on on the server, a loss of detail is more noticeable than with the Grovers.  Using fidelizer on the Windows 10 server with these TEO cables in the path is a definite plus. 

I agree with all of the positive reviews others have written regarding these interconnects.  Soundstage is bigger, bolder and everything is more clear. A significant improvement for my $400.00.  I'll replace the interconnects between my amps and pre with another pair in the future.  If you're in the market for a pair of interconnects I recommend you give these a try.  There is a 30 day money back guarantee on Audiogon.  For me these were equal to a component upgrade.....really great! Highly recommend!  - Martin   
« Last Edit: 12 Aug 2017, 01:50 pm by martinr »

Ern Dog

Re: TEO Audio GC Interconnects
« Reply #1 on: 12 Aug 2017, 06:13 pm »
I can't agree more!  These are excellent cable!  I've had mine in for a couple months and couldn't be happier.  I have these Teo's paired with some High Fidelity Reveal IC's and I just added a pair of Cerious Extreme Graphene speaker cables.  The combination of all three have great synergy together.

Thanks for highlighting these special cables Martin.  Let us know how it sounds when you get the second pair!

martinr

Re: TEO Audio GC Interconnects
« Reply #2 on: 12 Aug 2017, 11:48 pm »
Will do Ern Dog!