cardas cables

rbwalt

cardas cables
« on: 7 Mar 2017, 04:12 pm »
Guys i am breaking in two pairs of Cardas Clear Beyond interconnects at this time. I will be adding the last pair shortly. They are a upgrades from the Clear interconnects. Speaker cable remains Cardas Clear. I have over 100 hrs on them and though not fully settled in but what i can say at this juncture is WOW!!!! My speakers( Merlin) are wired with Cardas along with the BAM. So a complete Cardas wired rig. Oh yes power cords are also Beyond's. You can checkout the complete system details here at R> rbwalt. Feed back is always appreciated.

thanks.

rob.

Biggy

Re: cardas cables
« Reply #1 on: 10 Mar 2017, 08:53 am »
 :inlove:

Please, tell me how they sound compared to Clear!

I own Clear Beyond Power for Accuphase DP700 and Luxman 509u, Clear Reflection XLR interconnects and a double run of Golden Reference biwiring the good old B&W 803D.

I tried the Clear Rev.1 XLR but I found it lacking in bass "slam", "PRAT" effect and musicality, so I kept the Reflection waiting for the Beyond to come  (at that time it was not announced yet), I would like more clarity and speed, better image, more neutral midbass and deeper bass, without losing musicality.

Since I read in the Cardas website:

"Improving upon the spectacular performance of Clear Interconnect, Clear Beyond combines the famous Cardas musicality with a wider, taller sound stage, deeper bass and increased dynamics.  Everything just gets bigger and better, as a cable carrying the name "Beyond" should."
"Clear Beyond Interconnect brings noteworthy improvements in spatial imaging, dynamics, and low frequency impact while retaining the classic Cardas musicality."
"More than anything, Clear Beyond Interconnect is musical
"

...is it the perfect cable for me (and all)?

« Last Edit: 13 Mar 2017, 08:51 pm by Biggy »

rbwalt

« Reply #2 on: 13 Mar 2017, 02:00 pm »
If you like the Clear overall  then the Beyond will make you very very  happy. It offers everything you are missing or wanting now. I would say it borders on staggering for what it does and it does that in the typical Cardas way.

If there is anyone in the Dc metro area that would like to hear the Clear Beyond's then just let me know. Just remember this is a total Cardas system including speaker internal wire.

Biggy

« Reply #3 on: 13 Mar 2017, 08:41 pm »
So is it "fuller" in the bass than the Clear Rev.1 and less hyper-resolving/more musical?

I felt that Clear interconnects "were not really Cardas", but a somehow "warmer" version of cables like Nordost Valhalla, too "modern" in their search for "neutrality" and "transparency".

I do like Clear Beyond (I own two, for integrated and source), Clear (I own one, feeding the AC filter dedicated to the SACD player) and Clear M (I tried one) power cords and the Clear Reflection (not perfect, but a big improvement upon the old Golden Reference) interconnects, but I did not fell in love with the Clear Rev.1 interconnects, too "light" in their sound (even lighter than the new Nordost Frey 2, I tried in my system).

I hope Clear. Beyond Interconnects sound fuller, with more energy in the bass, and bring back the classic Cardas musicality that Clear IMHO stripped off.

So if you say it's this way, I start preparing the check !

mikedaniels

« Reply #4 on: 28 Aug 2022, 01:49 am »
Clear beyond I.c.s upgrade from clear. Nice improvement. Wondering about upgrading clear speaker cables to Clear beyond? Much $$. I’m going to have to be sold.