James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
Re: What is your latest acquisition?
« Reply #1400 on: 21 Jun 2015, 04:26 pm »
Hi Markus

Looks great  :thumb:

Now that we are getting into inwall speakers I was wondering how you hid the speakers at the screen - is there a false wall and then a covering everything sits behind?

james

Chicago

« Reply #1401 on: 21 Jun 2015, 05:16 pm »
Classic Dualit toaster in yellow.
Hand made in U.K :thumb:

I have had one of these for over 10 years and never replaced a single part.  Expensive, but you can replace any and all parts so they should last a lifetime.

mv038856

« Reply #1402 on: 21 Jun 2015, 05:35 pm »
Now that we are getting into inwall speakers I was wondering how you hid the speakers at the screen - is there a false wall and then a covering everything sits behind?

Hi James,

no in-walls in my place... my home theater room is in the souterrain of a house that was built in 1899/1900. The walls are solid concrete/brick with 25" and more in thickness. And the house is under preservation order, as we lost a lot of buildings from that area in world war II here in Stuttgart.

I took off the screen to show how it looks behind:

So I built wooden stands to get my subs in the right position for the single bass array. The subwoofer stands proved usefull to fix the screen on a bar between them. The Dynaudio speakers are on the original Dynaudio stands that can be mounted directly to the speaker, without the use of a top plate or the like. The metal tubes of the stand are filled with fire dried sand.
One could say that the screen is big enough to cover the technology...

I am thinking about a acoustically transparent curtain that also works as screen masking for 16:9 content on my 21:9 screen. That material could also be used to cover the areas below and above the screen.

For the rears, I had to go on-wall as well:

You might notice that I have 3 surrounds (Dynaudio Contour S R) per side... I am doubling the signal of the side surrounds and added a digital delay for two of them. So my 7.1 Bryston SP-3 is now a 9.1 unit...  :wink:

BTW, any news on a Dolby ATMOS capable DSP board from MDS that could go into the SP-3 one day? I haven't wired the room for ATMOS yet, but I am already looking for additional Dynaudio Contour S R speakers on the second hand market that could be fixed on the ceiling...  :wink: The Dolby ATMOS demos on the High End trade fair in Munich were promising...

Cheers!

Markus

FireGuy

« Reply #1403 on: 21 Jun 2015, 05:43 pm »
New TransDeco 24" Stands for the Super 5's.  The older units now accommodate the Axiom M2's.  Switching out made a lot easier.  TransDecos glass base and steel post are hefty, well made.

milford3

« Reply #1404 on: 21 Jun 2015, 06:08 pm »
New TransDeco 24" Stands for the Super 5's.  The older units now accommodate the Axiom M2's.  Switching out made a lot easier.  TransDecos glass base and steel post are hefty, well made.

The stands turned out nice FireGuy.  Love the gloss look.  How has the sound changed with the Super 5's?

FireGuy

« Reply #1405 on: 21 Jun 2015, 06:16 pm »
"The stands turned out nice FireGuy.  Love the gloss look.  How has the sound changed with the Super 5's?"

Little too early to report.  Another work in progress to get the wire management done and positioning optimized.   The Omega's already own a superb sound quality so sonic improvement based on this change will probably be subtle.  We will see.

Rod_S

« Reply #1406 on: 24 Jun 2015, 12:21 pm »
BDP-2 and 1m Siltech Golden Ridge II with Furutech carbon/rhodium XLR's

bjski

« Reply #1407 on: 24 Jun 2015, 07:49 pm »
Very nice!

Spyman

« Reply #1408 on: 24 Jun 2015, 10:15 pm »
Well, I'm all excited! I just placed an order with my dealer for the BP-26 preamp and power supply. He'll order them from Bryston in the next couple of days when I can find the time to drive down the mountain and give him a deposit. This should go well with my new 4BSST2 that I got last October. Like all of you when you get new gear, I CAN HARDLY WAIT!  :thumb:

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #1409 on: 24 Jun 2015, 10:29 pm »
Well, I'm all excited! I just placed an order with my dealer for the BP-26 preamp and power supply. He'll order them from Bryston in the next couple of days when I can find the time to drive down the mountain and give him a deposit. This should go well with my new 4BSST2 that I got last October. Like all of you when you get new gear, I CAN HARDLY WAIT!  :thumb:

Great  :thumb: - what dealer and I will keep my eye out for you.

james

Spyman

« Reply #1410 on: 24 Jun 2015, 10:40 pm »
Hi, James! My dealer is Audio Alternative in Ft. Collins, Colorado. I live about 40 or so miles from him, but I plan to go down tomorrow and make a deposit. Rick is very easy to work with and helped me get my BDP-1/BDA-1 combo up and running. I've bought all my Bryston gear from him.

Thanks!
Terry

Spyman

« Reply #1411 on: 24 Jun 2015, 11:01 pm »
My wife just gave me a warning: she said, "You realize that we'll HAVE to listen to our whole music collection all over again, don't you?"  :lol:  Man! The things we have to do!

turnovertherecord

• rain,fog,snow,sun,known to happen on the same day
« Reply #1412 on: 30 Jun 2015, 10:02 pm »
Sold my BP-26P to a member here a while ago

Just picked up a BP-26MC :D

Silver 19 inch will have 17 years of trouble free listing,Will not sell this one

rmurray

« Reply #1413 on: 30 Jun 2015, 10:28 pm »
 Congrats on your pre -mc...nice :thumb:

turnovertherecord

• rain,fog,snow,sun,known to happen on the same day
« Reply #1414 on: 30 Jun 2015, 11:18 pm »
Thankyou

Now we both have one :thumb:

Spyman

« Reply #1415 on: 1 Jul 2015, 11:34 pm »
James, have you had time to check on my order? Just excited and anxious.

Terry

P.S. Happy Canada Day from your neighbors to the south!

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #1416 on: 2 Jul 2015, 12:00 am »
James, have you had time to check on my order? Just excited and anxious.

Terry

P.S. Happy Canada Day from your neighbors to the south!

Hi Terry

Will check tomorrow for you.

james

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #1417 on: 2 Jul 2015, 12:42 am »
Hi Terry

It shipped yesterday. :thumb:

james

Spyman

« Reply #1418 on: 2 Jul 2015, 01:23 am »
Hi Terry

It shipped yesterday. :thumb:

james

Great! Thanks for checking this for me. The more I see comments on the BP26 from other people, the more anxious I am to get mine! I appreciate your taking the time to check on it.

Terry

brooklyn

« Reply #1419 on: 3 Jul 2015, 03:31 am »
It seems I’ve been on a tear buying stuff lately and just picked up a
55” Samsung 1080p HDTV… I watched a couple of movies and so far
I like this TV very much, the size is perfect for my room..