FS: Red Wine Audio Isabella Vacuum Tube Preamp (LFP-V Edition).

CSI

This is the best sounding preamp I have ever owned. I've downsized to a RWA integrated so no longer need it. Check out the pro reviews - one reviewer bought his for the heart of his reference system. Three inputs, two outputs. Switchable gain. Takes all tubes in the 6DJ8 family. On board Isabellina DAC can be added by the factory. Bought new a few years ago for $4,000. Asking $2,000 $1,500. Will cover shipping to anywhere in CONUS. Pictures on request.

I am relisting this great preamp at a lower price. See RWA site for links to reviews. One reviewer bought it for his reference. It is that good.
« Last Edit: 3 Dec 2014, 12:26 am by CSI »

CSI

Re: FS: Red Wine Audio Isabella Vacuum Tube Preamp.
« Reply #1 on: 2 Dec 2014, 10:48 pm »
Bump - Price dropped to $1,500

newzooreview

« Reply #2 on: 2 Dec 2014, 11:42 pm »
Bump - Price dropped to $1,500

I own this pre-amp, and it is terrific. You can change out the tubes to tweak the sound, it is silent on A/C and inky black on it's internal battery power, and it handles the battery power very elegantly--it's essentially immune to user error. The remote controls the volume fluidly and it very solid and attractive (to me at least). I have previously owned the Wyred4Sound PRE SE, which costs more than the asking price here, and the Isabella is sonically better in every regard.

I don't know which wood finish is being offered for sale, but mine in walnut is beautiful.

I hope this goes to a good home. I don't know the seller, but it is a great preamp.

CSI

« Reply #3 on: 3 Dec 2014, 12:25 am »
Thanks for your kind endorsement. Mine is actually the slightly older LFP-V Edition (black case). My bad. I'll change the heading shortly. I will also post photos as soon as I figure out how to do it. I believe the newer (current) model that you have may be even more refined and will also handle more different types of tubes. The retail price ($4K) was the same. BTW, Vinnie will still update this for anyone who wants to add the DAC module.