Specials and Limited Offers
« on: 28 Nov 2007, 05:04 pm »
Below are a few specials and Limited Offers

John Casler

RM40 jr
« Reply #1 on: 28 Nov 2007, 05:08 pm »
"HOLIDAY SPECIAL" RM40jr

Hi All,

Ever since Brian offered the 626jr last year as a 30th Anniversary Special and Christmas Present, I have encouraged him to "do the same" with a couple other models.

So now we have a LRCjr, and even an RM2jr.

Well B has outdone himself here.

This is possibly the BEST priced offer I have ever seen on a VMPS product. 

As of right now we have a "limited number" of RM40jr's

There are only TWO Finish options:

1) Bud Bailey CHERRY
2) Dorne Dibble Gloss Black

Here is what you get:

*RM40 pair
* Single FST tweeter
* Four Neopanel MidRange Drivers
* 10" Low Bass Driver
* 10" Midbass Drive
* Vitrified 10" Passive Radiator
* Stock X-overs

There are only a LIMITED NUMBER of these, and they are on a "first come, first served basis".

Now here is the kicker;  There are a few of the Dibble cabinets with 1 1/4" HDF walls and big window braces.  This is the domestic version of the MLS cabinets.  And these are the Piano Finish.  Dorne is the fellow who made the RM/x cabinets and these are his version of the RM40.

The CHERRY are the Bud Baily offerings and LOOK beautiful.

The RM40 ordered as a stock pair, adding the FST ($400 option) and a upgraded cabinet (in the Black) add another $400 option, would have a retail list price of $5400.  The Cherry Finish option would have been $200 less or $5200.

Brian Claus is offering these, not at $4999, not at $4499, and not even at $3999. . . . . . .

How about $2999 plus shipping!!!

These can also be loaded up with "options and upgrades" at the regular upgrade prices.

I don't know if you can find a "used" pair for much better than this. :o

Order ASAP for pre-Christmas Delivery.

Two Additional points:

1) This does not include CDWG, so is of particular interest to 2 channel, sweet seated, AUDIOPHILES aa

2) Unlike other jr models, this one DOES have the WCF MegaWoofers :thumb:

John Casler

Re: Specials and Limited Offers
« Reply #2 on: 28 Nov 2007, 05:14 pm »
Many of you have taken advantage of the 626jr and LRCjr speakers B has offered to celebrate his 30th Anniversary in the business.

Well with some recent posts about the "less prominent" RM2, I convinced Brian to offer an RM2jr.

If there is a better speaker for the money on the planet, I don't know about it.

As a "starter" 2 channel AudioPhile System, or an Unbelievable 5.0 (yes you can use these "WITHOUT" a sub) HT system it is performance beyond the price.

Here is how it looks:

RM2jr = $1999 pr!!!

This is with the "spiral" tweeter and the Polycone 12" Woofer.

Upgradable to the Woven Carbon Fiber 12" for $200

It is currently available in Lite and Dark Oak cabinets.

Four of these and an LRCjr for $4550!!!!! would equip a HT for the cost of a good "pair of mains".  

Merry Christmas!! Early.

I have also put together some BCSE Speaker Packages, including the Fantasy RMv60 based Systems, called VMPS System INVICTA and VMPS STONEHENGE which I will post soon.

The RM2jr looks much like the speaker below, but with dual spiral ribbon tweeters, rather than a single FST tweeter.

These are the Classic Clean Lines of the Floorstanders of the past.

This is one truly remarkable speaker which will play down to around 20-22Hz

$1999!!!
Cain't touch this :lol: :dance: :hyper: :dance: :hyper:

Below is the link, and a copy and paste of the RM2 portion of the review.

Keep in mind, there are a couple improvements in the RM2jr over the reviewed speaker (@ $2690) and that is the crossover from woofer to neopanel has been raised slightly (I think in the RM2 it is closer to 220hz, but B could fill that in) and the Passive Radiator has been vitrified.

These while seemingly small changes are large on sonic improvement.

Here is the link: http://www.vmpsaudio.com/r-listRM2.htm

John Casler

« Reply #3 on: 28 Nov 2007, 05:16 pm »
HI All,

As I mentioned, Brian has decided to offer a few specials to celebrate his 30th Anniversary.

Here is one:

Many have been looking for a reasonably priced "Stand Mount" for their 2 channel system, or a group of 5 speakers for their 5.1 HT systems.

So B, has cooked up the 626 jr.

The 626 jr has the following:

* Spiral Ribbon Tweeter (dehorned)
* Standard Neopanel Midrange Driver
* 6.5" poly/mica woofer 20oz magnet 4 layer VC
* Piano Black Bud Baily Cabinet
* SR71 Cabinet Damping
* CDWG - Constant Directivity Wave Guide/180 degree dispersion
* Fully equalized polyprop x-over
* Power Handling 200W
* 8 Ohms, 90 dB/1W/1m

Normal price of this speaker would be $1598 + pr.

The anniversary special is $975 pr plus shipping.

This speaker can also be outfitted with the OXO as a stand for $499 pr

Optional 6.5" Woven carbon fiber 40oz 4 layer VC woofer add $200pr

For 5.1 HT we have the following:

5 626 jr's = $2399
1 LARGER Sub w/megas and 1000w amp = $1249
============
$3677 plus shipping

Less than $4K for full VMPS 5.1 HT!!!!

Order ASAP for pre-Christmas Delivery

The 6.5" Megawoofer (40oz magnet, 4 layer VC, 250W power handling) is offered on the 626 JR. as a $200pr upgrade for those desiring a more powerful bass and lower cutoff (37Hz vs. 42Hz -3dB).

John Casler

ONLY 2 Pair BLACK RM40jr's left
« Reply #4 on: 6 Dec 2007, 07:24 am »
What a response!!

Certainly are a lot of RM40 fans out there.

Well since posting this last week, we have burned through most of the Gloss Black Dibble Cabinet stock.

As of this moment we have only two pair (of the GLOSS BLACK left).

Still have a few pair of the Cherry.

First come;

First Served.

I have to confess, I had to take advantage of the sale myself.

Also, we are at "CRUNCH TIME".

That is the time of year when the Holidays, and CES seem to become a Black Hole for orders placed too late in the season.

If you are on the fence, make the move ASAP. aa

"HOLIDAY SPECIAL" RM40jr

Hi All,

Ever since Brian offered the 626jr last year as a 30th Anniversary Special and Christmas Present, I have encouraged him to "do the same" with a couple other models.

So now we have a LRCjr, and even an RM2jr.

Well B has outdone himself here.

This is possibly the BEST priced offer I have ever seen on a VMPS product. 

As of right now we have a "limited number" of RM40jr's

There are only TWO Finish options:

1) Bud Bailey CHERRY
2) Dorne Dibble Gloss Black

Here is what you get:

*RM40 pair
* Single FST tweeter
* Four Neopanel MidRange Drivers
* 10" Low Bass Driver
* 10" Midbass Drive
* Vitrified 10" Passive Radiator
* Stock X-overs

There are only a LIMITED NUMBER of these, and they are on a "first come, first served basis".

Now here is the kicker;  There are a few of the Dibble cabinets with 1 1/4" HDF walls and big window braces.  This is the domestic version of the MLS cabinets.  And these are the Piano Finish.  Dorne is the fellow who made the RM/x cabinets and these are his version of the RM40.

The CHERRY are the Bud Baily offerings and LOOK beautiful.

The RM40 ordered as a stock pair, adding the FST ($400 option) and a upgraded cabinet (in the Black) add another $400 option, would have a retail list price of $5400.  The Cherry Finish option would have been $200 less or $5200.

Brian Claus is offering these, not at $4999, not at $4499, and not even at $3999. . . . . . .

How about $2999 plus shipping!!!

These can also be loaded up with "options and upgrades" at the regular upgrade prices.

I don't know if you can find a "used" pair for much better than this. :o

Order ASAP for pre-Christmas Delivery.

Two Additional points:

1) This does not include CDWG, so is of particular interest to 2 channel, sweet seated, AUDIOPHILES aa

2) Unlike other jr models, this one DOES have the WCF MegaWoofers :thumb:

John Casler

« Reply #5 on: 12 Feb 2008, 11:12 pm »
I'll never forget one of my first conversations with Big B.

I had been a dealer for only a couple weeks, and was still learning the line. 

I have to say that any of you who have talked to Brian on the phone know that he is a "man of few words".  And I mean if a yes or no will suffice, that is likely all you'll get.

Additionally, I always felt like he had so much to do, that he couldn't wait to get off the phone.

Well he had just introduced a new speaker called the LRC.  It was nowhere on the website, and all I ever saw were the letters LRC.

Finally I received the VMPS price list and on it was the LRC.  So I did know that it was for HT use, and I made the leap that LRC stood for Left, Right, Center, and that it could be used across the front of a HT system.

So I have B on the phone, and ask him about the NEW Left Right Center????

Silence....... :scratch:

I went on to tell him it was his new speaker the Left Right Center. :scratch:

More silence....

Then He finally said do you mean the LARGE RIBBON CENTER :duh: :duh:

OK it finally sunk in, and to this day I'll never forget being the "new dealer on the block" and asking the head honcho about the Left/Right/Center, and thinking he must think me a numbskull :slap:

Anyhow, I'm sure B, has pretty much forgotten that conversation, but it leads to the second 30th Anniversary Special he has decided to offer.

Obviously it is the LRC (Large Ribbon Center everyone :oops:) But it is in the version we will call the LRC jr.

This is one special speaker in many times glossed over by the floorstanding RM series.

While it was designed to function as the Ultimate Center Channel (a title that now has been assumed by the Horizontal RM40C) it is easily used for any of the speakers of the 7, in a 7.1 HT set up.

The great thing about it, is that it is front ported, so that it can be placed rather close to the wall with no problems (or even in the recesses of those big Home Entertainment Center cabinets)

Now this is no small speaker (as one might guess since its first name is LARGE) and is about the largest speaker most of you might want to pick up without a partner and or a hernia belt. :lol:

It will play loud, and deep, and easily goes down to 35hz with nice clean bass.

I had one of the first ones made sitting on my RPTV way back when, and used to love to play the DTS sampler DVD to show people how VMPS speakers perform.

There was a scene from the Haunting where one of the charachters was being chased through this haunted house, and my God, those dual WCFwoofers looked like they were going to jump out of the speaker cabinet.

But as I said, Part Deux is the LRC jr, which maybe I'll rename the LRCSS (= Left Right Center Side Surround) since it can be used in each of those functions.

Here is what we have:

Brian is offering an LRCjr effective immediately at $549ea retail in piano black, lite and dark oak, and cherry. 

Megawoofers add $200 and FST $200ea are upgrades. 

SR71 is included :o  in the $549ea price. These are Bud Bailey cabinets. 

This is a "STEAL" since we do have the same thing in MLS cabinets in maple, rosewood, and ebony as well at the regular MLS price of $1150 ea including the Megawoofers, add $200 for the FST and $88 for SR71.

So the tricked out MLS LRC = $1438

So the LRC jr is a smokin' good deal :smoke:

============================================

1. The LRC Jr is stock equipped with dual polycone/rubber surround 6.5" woofers with 1.5" 4 layer voicecoils, dustcaps,  and 20oz magnets.  The Megawoofer $200 upgrade is dual WCF 6.5" with 1.5" VC and 4 layer voicecoils with the 40oz magnet and metal phase plug.  That's a nice upgrade.

2. The LRC Jr is stock with the spiral ribbon tweeter.  The FST is a $200 upgrade.

3.  Pix of the lite oak, dark oak, cherry and piano black cabinets will post here in a few days.  Most of these finishes are already shown on the VMPS website.  The cherry is the dark "flambe" finish.  All these are Bud Bailey cabinets, made in USA and are in stock for immediate delivery. There are no CDWG's offered or available.

4. LRC means Large Ribbon Center and Left/Center/Right.The system works well in both applications.  Bass response with the Megawoofers is the same as the RM30C.  SR71/BH5 cabinet damping is standard on the LRC Jr.

5. There is a single ribbon midrange panel. Stock xovers are the Erse Pulse polypropylenes, same as on the regular LRC.  Auricap upgrade is not offered on the Jr.

6. Shipping is $50ea or less in 48 states.

woodsyi

• Volunteer
  • Always Look on the Bright Side of Life!
« Reply #6 on: 13 Feb 2008, 02:21 pm »
I am waiting for a pair of VLA jr. deal.  :wink: :wink:

playntheblues

• D-Sonic, Mola Mola TamBagui, Tekton DISE
« Reply #7 on: 7 May 2008, 10:56 pm »
I assume all specials are over :scratch:

Brian Cheney

• http://www.vmpsaudio.com
« Reply #8 on: 7 May 2008, 11:00 pm »
Not so.  We still offer 626Jr, LRC Jr, RM 2 Jr. the RM30 (C or M) SDE, and have two pair of the cherry RM40Jr in stock.  We will maintain pricing as long as we have stock on hand.  Email me for available finishes.

The Ambience Tweeter special expires end of May.

John Casler

« Reply #9 on: 22 Jan 2009, 05:13 pm »
Not so.  We still offer 626Jr, LRC Jr, RM 2 Jr. the RM30 (C or M) SDE, and have two pair of the cherry RM40Jr in stock.  We will maintain pricing as long as we have stock on hand.  Email me for available finishes.

The Ambience Tweeter special expires end of May.

ALL RM40jr's are now gone (unless B, finds some stray cabinets in the corners of the factory)

We still have the following:

626jr = $975 Light/Dark Oak and Satin Black
626jr SDE = $1775 Light/Dark Oak and Satin Black

LRCjr = $595 Light/Dark Oak

RM2jr = $1999 Light/Dark Oak
RM2jr SDE = $2799 Light/Dark Oak

Bursabaju

• Bursabaju.com
« Reply #10 on: 4 Mar 2009, 04:56 pm »
What is the different  (sound quality )  between VMPS RM2JR, RM2JR SDE and RM626JR, RM626JR SDE?

Thank you.

Please give me the pictures of RM2JR, RM2JRSDE, RM626JR, and RM626JR SDE.

John Casler

« Reply #11 on: 4 Mar 2009, 07:19 pm »
What is the different  (sound quality )  between VMPS RM2JR, RM2JR SDE and RM626JR, RM626JR SDE?

Thank you.

Please give me the pictures of RM2JR, RM2JRSDE, RM626JR, and RM626JR SDE.

All RM2jr's will look the same as the Standard RM2 with the exception of having "spiral ribbon" tweeter rather than the FST.

The SDE (Special Digital Edition) is different in that it includes a "digital" active crossover rather than the Passive analog version.  This allows you to bi or tri amp the speaker, and removes many of the restive analog components from the system at the expense of performing an additional analog/digital conversion.

The RM2jr looks like the picture below but with "circular" (spiral ribbon) tweeters.

Pictures of the 626jr are seen below.

The pic below is a "standard" non-jr. 626R with upgraded Rosewood finish

Also the jr models of the RM2 and the 626 do not come with "MegaWoofers" but Polycone Woofer Drivers.

The Jr models also generally have set standard cabinet finishes with no upgrades

Bursabaju

• Bursabaju.com
« Reply #12 on: 5 Mar 2009, 09:41 am »
Sir,

Is it more valuable and worthed to buy the 626Jr, 626, or RM2 ?
If we see from the sound quality and value of money.

Is it possible to use low watts tube amp to drive those all speakers?

Thank you.

John Casler

« Reply #13 on: 5 Mar 2009, 05:30 pm »
Sir,

Is it more valuable and worthed to buy the 626Jr, 626, or RM2 ?
If we see from the sound quality and value of money.

Is it possible to use low watts tube amp to drive those all speakers?

Thank you.

Hmmmm :scratch:

That is a tough question.  Obviously the bigger (RM2) speaker has the advantage overall due to having the same general sonic signature, but broader frequency range, and higher SPL's.

But in a smaller room with a nearfield listening position, the 626R and 626jr can be stunning.

Regarding "tube" amps.  All VMPS speakers can operate well with tube equipment.  It again is dependent on the implementation.

Tubes typically have lower wattages/amperages/voltages and due to that fact will not have the same dynamic of a higher power SS amp.  Again, in a  smaller room and nearfield this will increase the performance.

The above is based on using the standard passive analog X-over, which introduces electrical resistance to the circuit and requires greater power levels.

Ordering the speaker in an SDE version (Special Digital Edition) subtracts the majority of the resistive passive componets and allows a much higher response (efficiency) from the drivers, making it a better choice for those who choose tubes.

It is important to note, that the SDE versions of any of the VMPS models REQUIRES that you BI-AMP (meaning you will need at least 4 channels of amplification)

Many use tubes on the tweeter and midrange drivers, and SS on the woofers to a good effect.

neilwill

« Reply #14 on: 18 Jan 2010, 04:41 am »
Hi
I see the last post was all the way back in march of 2009.  Are there any more current specials on the VMPS speakers, in particular the RM2?  Thanks.

Neil

Butik

• Butik
« Reply #15 on: 12 Dec 2010, 11:33 pm »
Hi,
I know that it is quite old post. however, does all stuff is still available?

cheers,

Butik

John Casler

« Reply #16 on: 2 Jan 2011, 07:33 pm »
Hi,
I know that it is quite old post. however, does all stuff is still available?

cheers,

Butik

Hi Butick,

We still have 626jr, RM2jr, and a single pair of RM40jr's.

Sorry this is such a late response, I must have missed the notification when you posted this.

mt2

« Reply #17 on: 26 Mar 2012, 12:50 pm »
Hi John

Any of these opportunities still available?

Thanks

Mike