Monster with flexrange

sidders

Monster with flexrange
« on: 25 Aug 2014, 07:14 pm »
Hi. Could someone tell me how close the listening position can be to a Monster with the range limiter before the reflective mids and highs become a problem? I only have a 10ft x 10ft x 8ft room, so was wondering if I was better off having monsters without the range limiter for the back wall. I also have some versifusers which I am having doubts about now as the popular view seems to be that for a room as small as mine, it needs to be dead with as many bass traps as possible.

Thanks.

Glenn Kuras

• Industry Contributor
Re: Monster with flexrange
« Reply #1 on: 26 Aug 2014, 11:03 am »
In a room that small I would recommend not using the limiter on the Monster trap on the back wall. If you want to use them in corners then that is fine. You are pretty close to the back wall so we want to absorb as much of the over all frequencies as possible.

sidders

« Reply #2 on: 26 Aug 2014, 11:30 am »
Thanks Glenn. So would it be good to have it straddling at the front or back where the wall meets the ceiling?
And should I forget about the versifusers?

Alex Reynolds

• Industry Participant
  • Bringing Your Sound to Life
    • GIK Acoustics
« Reply #3 on: 27 Aug 2014, 05:49 am »
Both of those corners would be great to get good bass trapping in. VersiFusors can still be used helpfully in small rooms, just in different ways. For example, rear wall is typically a great spot for diffusion, but in a small room bass traps are also very helpful to have in the same position, and bass traps usually take preference since the bass is less manageable than high frequencies in a small room. But you can still use the VersiFusors on the side walls in the rear of the room and higher up in the room closer to the ceiling on any wall to prevent flutter echo without overdampening the high frequencies.

sidders

« Reply #4 on: 27 Aug 2014, 05:58 pm »
Thanks Alex. :thumb: