Calibration Review Exotica 3's

qwknuf6

Calibration Review Exotica 3's
« on: 20 Oct 2016, 02:03 pm »
I had Jeff Meier from Accucal over Yesterday for a A/V calibration , I have owned the Exotica 3's for a year now and I feel  they are a special speaker ,  the bass was a little troubling but the midrange was fantastic ,  I felt my room was causing the bass issues and I knew I would have to calibrate the speakers  soon ,  Jeff showed up with impressive equipment and know how , spent 3 or so hours calibrating the Exotica 3s , integrating a 12" Salk/Rythmik subwoofer. Let me tell you the results are amazing , bass is perfect and the midrange even better than before ,and midrange was great to start with ,Jeff noted my rig with the Exotica 3s may be  the best he had calibrated this year , and he spends 120 days a year on the road  doing calibration on some very high end/priced A/V equipment .

Very Happy with the results
Mark

DMurphy

• Industry Participant
    • SalkSound
Re: Calibration Review Exotica 3's
« Reply #1 on: 20 Oct 2016, 03:27 pm »
I'm happy to hear the operation was successful.  Was he basically treating room modes?

qwknuf6

« Reply #2 on: 20 Oct 2016, 03:33 pm »
That was my take , just taming the room 

Gzerro

« Reply #3 on: 20 Oct 2016, 04:30 pm »
I had Jeff Meier from Accucal over Yesterday for a A/V calibration , I have owned the Exotica 3's for a year now and I feel  they are a special speaker ,  the bass was a little troubling but the midrange was fantastic ,  I felt my room was causing the bass issues and I knew I would have to calibrate the speakers  soon ,  Jeff showed up with impressive equipment and know how , spent 3 or so hours calibrating the Exotica 3s , integrating a 12" Salk/Rythmik subwoofer. Let me tell you the results are amazing , bass is perfect and the midrange even better than before ,and midrange was great to start with ,Jeff noted my rig with the Exotica 3s may be  the best he had calibrated this year , and he spends 120 days a year on the road  doing calibration on some very high end/priced A/V equipment .

Very Happy with the results
Mark

Congratulations on the successful calibration.  What sort of gear are you using for the EQ adjustments in your system?

qwknuf6

« Reply #4 on: 20 Oct 2016, 04:55 pm »
basic stuff    .  Yamaha RX-V 3900 AVR , has lots of adjustability,  and external amp

umr

• AccuCal Audio And Video Calibration
« Reply #5 on: 21 Oct 2016, 01:59 pm »
I am the Jeff who did the calibration.  More information on my tools and the gear I have worked on are available on my website, http://www.accucalav.com/thx-audio-calibration/

The adjustments made were more than compensating for room modes.  I improved:
  • Frequency response from 20-20kHz
  • Crossover points between built-in subwoofer and midrange driver
  • Built-in subwoofer phase
  • External subwoofer integration
  • Channel balance in multi-channel recordings

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #6 on: 21 Oct 2016, 02:03 pm »
I am the Jeff who did the calibration.  More information on my tools and the gear I have worked on are available on my website, http://www.accucalav.com/thx-audio-calibration/

The adjustments made were more than compensating for room modes.  I improved:
  • Frequency response from 20-20kHz
  • Crossover points between built-in subwoofer and midrange driver
  • Built-in subwoofer phase
  • External subwoofer integration
  • Channel balance in multi-channel recordings
Please post the before and after results of this client. 

umr

• AccuCal Audio And Video Calibration
« Reply #7 on: 21 Oct 2016, 02:06 pm »
It will not let me upload pdf files.  The before and after that I have are average responses.

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #8 on: 21 Oct 2016, 02:21 pm »
It will not let me upload pdf files.  The before and after that I have are average responses.
Can you not post JPG of raw data?