Technics 1200 review on TNT

lcrim

Technics 1200 review on TNT
« on: 18 Dec 2006, 04:49 pm »
Hope this link works
http://www.tnt-audio.com/sorgenti/technics_sl1200_2_e.html

Also, Kevin will be offering the tonearm rewire shortly, mine will be getting done this week.  I will report after a bit on it.  Because I am also waiting on a pair of compact hemps from Louis @ Omega (please let them come soon) and that breakin is supposed to take many hours, they are intended for the same system, so it will be awhile.   :drool:

TheChairGuy

Re: Technics 1200 review on TNT
« Reply #1 on: 18 Dec 2006, 08:14 pm »
Great review - thanks for pointing it out, Larry  :thumb:

I wonder how much the addition of the Outboard Motor($249), strobe disabler($50), or move to 'better M5G model (about $150 more) or rewiring the tonearm (how much is that to do?) would've have made the results even more lopsided?

I'm of the enlightended direct drive crowd now, ya' know  :)

Psychicanimal

« Reply #2 on: 18 Dec 2006, 08:31 pm »
Great review - thanks for pointing it out, Larry  :thumb:

I wonder how much the addition of the Outboard Motor($249), strobe disabler($50), or move to 'better M5G model (about $150 more) or rewiring the tonearm (how much is that to do?) would've have made the results even more lopsided?

I'm of the enlightended direct drive crowd now, ya' know  :)

Everybody who has compared the Creature to other decks "forgets" to mention the fact that every other TT it has been compared to has much better cabling.

Cable matters.

TheChairGuy

« Reply #3 on: 18 Dec 2006, 09:27 pm »
PA,

The Technics 1210M5G comes standard with oxygen free cabling...so there are market ready alternatives to what Kevin is now doing in the re-wire jobs.

Of course, the  news that the M5G is available doesn't much help anyone with a MK II or Mk V  :|

Psychicanimal

« Reply #4 on: 19 Dec 2006, 02:03 am »
PA,

The Technics 1210M5G comes standard with oxygen free cabling...so there are market ready alternatives to what Kevin is now doing in the re-wire jobs.

Well Johnny,

There is a big gap between OFC and Cardas Litz...

TheChairGuy

« Reply #5 on: 19 Dec 2006, 02:15 am »
Yup, probably so.

mcrespo71

« Reply #6 on: 5 Jan 2007, 09:40 pm »
A counter review of sorts on the Technics 1200.  I have not heard it outside of in NYC clubs, so can't really comment on the sound.

http://www.furious.com/perfect/vinyl53.html

denjo

« Reply #7 on: 6 Jan 2007, 02:55 am »
The writer seems to contradict himself, declaring that the Technics sounds like shit! Yet, on the next breath he throws a challenge for Technics fans to pit their TT with his Rega P2. If he really believes that the Rega is better, why throw such a challenge in the first place? Just trust his ears! Also, thousands of Technics followers cannot all be wrong can they? How about the huge following of DJs all over the world?

Dennis