New Salk Owner

volsfan846

New Salk Owner
« on: 7 Feb 2016, 10:31 pm »
Hello all. New Salk guy here. Mine were not born mine, I adopted them from Grant. But he did a great job taking care of them. I have two HT3's, on HTC and a massive 15" sub. Love them all and they will give me years of great sound I am sure. Still learning about the speakers, need to find an owners manual for the sub, otherwise, ready to go.

Running them now off an entry level Denon receiver, but more power and more refinement on the way. Will have a new Onkyo HT Pre-amp tomorrow and a Harmon Crown 2502 amp on Tuesday. Never had an amp that powerful before, but it is clear these speakers have a bigger appetite than the Klipsch Forte's they are replacing. But the clarity of the highs and mids is just amazing. And that sub is playing notes I didn't even know existed and I have a 15" Def Tech sub.

I am impressed so far and glad I made the move to Salk...

Don

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
Re: New Salk Owner
« Reply #1 on: 7 Feb 2016, 10:57 pm »
Pics or it didn't happen...   :D

Congrats, Don!

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
« Reply #2 on: 8 Feb 2016, 01:56 am »
Congratulations, Don.

Isn't it amazing the improvement in SQ high quality speakers make? Then, you'll notice a similar improvement in SQ when you place a superior amp/preamp into the system. I still have to pinch myself sometimes.  :lol:

Pics! Pics!

volsfan846

« Reply #3 on: 8 Feb 2016, 03:57 pm »
Congratulations, Don.

Isn't it amazing the improvement in SQ high quality speakers make? Then, you'll notice a similar improvement in SQ when you place a superior amp/preamp into the system. I still have to pinch myself sometimes. 

Pics! Pics!

It is amazing the difference. It is amazing that I can tell almost as soon as the song starts playing if it is compressed or not and almost how much of the top and bottom got cut off. Making me re-do a lot of my library.

This is what they look like. I'll try to take a picture in my family room later and upload that. Absolutely beautiful speakers.

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
« Reply #4 on: 9 Feb 2016, 01:34 am »
Gosh, those are gorgeous!  Again, congrats!  :thumb:

Frank2532

« Reply #5 on: 1 Mar 2016, 05:06 am »
Congrats
My first leap into what I call "adult audio" was with the song towers last September off of the available now link on the Salk website. I loved them so much I decided to add the song center about a month later.  I have to say they are amazing and if I weren't getting married this September I would have already placed and order for the HT-2L.  Good luck with your speakers and I hope you are getting as much enjoyment as I am.

SCompRacer

« Reply #6 on: 1 Mar 2016, 10:12 pm »
Congrats Don! I also adopted my Salk speakers,  SS8's.

volsfan846

« Reply #7 on: 15 Mar 2016, 05:54 pm »
Yeah, I drooled over those Grey SS8's used ones for sale for a while. I think the SS8's would be my pick out of all of his speakers.

But getting the HT-3's, a 15" Sub and HTC all in the same finish for $5k....couldn't pass that up. The sub integrates very well with the HT-3's. I have the HT-3's cut off below 40 hz and the sub takes over from there. Although, even without the sub, you don't miss much with the HT-3's. Fantastic speakers. Made me upgrade the rest of my gear to keep up...lol. And a Tidal subscription to boot. But well worth it.