• bryston.com
Taves 2016
« on: 29 Oct 2016, 01:56 pm »
Taves 2016

Check out our new gear
Active Model T System
BCD-3
BLP-1

And the new additions from Target, the floating wall stand for turn tables (400lb load limit) and the other new equipment stands.

schmidtmike76

Re: Taves 2016
« Reply #1 on: 29 Oct 2016, 03:44 pm »
great looking shots.  Thanks for sharing

1ZIP

« Reply #2 on: 29 Oct 2016, 06:44 pm »
Nice to see that the BCD-3 actually exists!

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #3 on: 29 Oct 2016, 07:09 pm »
Decemeber/January dilivery date for the BCD-3 should be expected, maybe sooner

jtinto

« Reply #4 on: 29 Oct 2016, 08:43 pm »
Your room looks great Chris  :thumb:

Samurai7595

« Reply #5 on: 29 Oct 2016, 08:59 pm »
What is this?

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #6 on: 29 Oct 2016, 09:12 pm »
Your room looks great Chris  :thumb:

Thanks,

It sounds awesome, but I could be bias

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #7 on: 29 Oct 2016, 09:15 pm »
What is this?

That's our new active crossover for the model t, I think the expected eta to customers is 1st or 2nd quarter 2017 with a targeted msrp of $3500.  If you have the signature model t's you should be able to switch to this with a couple of extra amps.

Cheers
Chris

tie_breaker

« Reply #8 on: 29 Oct 2016, 09:34 pm »
Chris are those the 7b3s driving the Model Ts?  Which amps are on the stands in the above picture, 7s or 28s?
Thx..

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #9 on: 29 Oct 2016, 09:35 pm »
Chris are those the 7b3s driving the Model Ts?  Which amps are on the stands in the above picture, 7s or 28s?
Thx..

Its an active system, so each speaker is being powered by a 7b and a 3b, the 7b powers the woofers and the mids and tweeters each get a channel from the 3b.  Using the active system we are able to get a flatter frequency response then we could get with the passive crossover.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #10 on: 30 Oct 2016, 01:20 am »

Yet another Canadian brand, Bryston, is showing its new active speaker system, consisting of Model T floor-standers with the new BAX-1 external crossover.

For the bass section, each channel had Bryston's 7B Cubed monster. Power for midrange and high-frequency came from the two-channel 3B Cubed.

The sound was incredibly fast and dynamic, and the blend between the drivers completely seamless.

Also being shown are the new BCD-3 CD player and BLP-1 turntable.

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #11 on: 30 Oct 2016, 02:04 pm »
I almost forgot about the new speaker grill design, something new we are considering

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #12 on: 30 Oct 2016, 05:28 pm »

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #13 on: 31 Oct 2016, 02:14 am »
MEMO: To All Bryston Customers
SUBJECT: TAVES Hi-Fi Show 2016 – Bryston Demo

TAVES Takes Toronto: Day 1
By Robert Deutsch • Posted: Oct 30, 2016

Bryston is on a roll. After making their reputation with built-like-a-tank power amplifiers, the company followed up with preamps, digital components (DA converters, digital players, etc.), phono stages, speakers, headphone amplifiers, and even a turntable. Don't these guys ever sleep? Apparently not.

James Tanner, Bryston's VP of Sales and Marketing, is shown in the photo above proudly displaying the power supply for their new BLP-1 turntable.

In addition to the BLP-1 and the company's new BCD-3 CD player, Bryston's system featured: the BDP-2 digital player; the top-of-the-line Model T loudspeaker; Cubed series 7B amps on the bass and 3B Cubed amps on the mids and tweeters; and the new, long-promised BAX-1 digital crossover, which has the capability of transforming the Model T loudspeakers into fully-active mode.

The BAX-1 accepts an analog signal, which it then converts to digital (96/24) and then back to analog, to drive six channels of amplification (three channels per loudspeaker). The digital processing allows for very
fine adjustments to compensate for response non-linearities. The BAX-1 is firmware upgradeable, which can include bass EQ and other new features. Amplifiers other than Bryston's can be used, as long as the channels have equal gain.

I've heard the Model T a number of times since its introduction, and I must say the sound at TAVES 2016 was by far the best that I've heard from these speakers: big, seemingly effortless, and with excellent imaging.

Alas, the Model T active system requires three power amplifiers, and the price, depending on the amps chosen, ranges from $CAD25K to $CAD40K. But with all that hardware, at least you can see where your money goes.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #14 on: 31 Oct 2016, 02:22 am »
! - Inner Ear Magazine

Bryston showed the TT, but played back great music on their dac/player on a trip-amped system that sounded not good — it sounded great.

The TT was in operation at Audio Eden — good sound indeed.

2- Marty Tache

This setup was at the Taves show this year. Very nice sounded system.

3- Mark Jones

Agreed, and I thought both rooms (Bryston and Eden) sounded very nice indeed.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #15 on: 31 Oct 2016, 11:08 am »

Bryston's big room

Even at the smaller shows (and some really are small...we're looking at you, Vancouver), Bryston is there. The Bryston room is set up by James Tanner, who has been setting up difficult (read: big) rooms, and he can get the best from difficult spaces.

This is of course the Model T speaker, the original Bryston speaker., but this time it's there active version, tri-amplified, with Bryston amps of course.

For an active speaker, you need an electronic crossover. Bryston has long made one. We reviewed it back in UHF No. 21. But the current version is all digital, and has no knobs.

Bryston BAX-1 Electronic Crossover

Oh...the sound?

Excellent, as usual.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #16 on: 31 Oct 2016, 07:29 pm »
I think this is the most extensive review I have ever recieved at an audio show !!!  :thumb:

http://www.avsforum.com/forum/89-speakers/2628385-bryston-model-t-active-loudspeaker-system-taves-2016-a.html

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #17 on: 1 Nov 2016, 04:52 pm »
SUBJECT: Bryston Demo ... TAVES 2016

The Bryston Room sounded really good.  Great set-up, and not with a super high-end price tag.

This room sounded better than some of the ones I've seen and heard in the mega-buck range!

A closer look at Bryston's Model T in the tri-amplified mode with the new electronic crossover that allows choosing your own amp ... or theirs, of course.

This system did not sound as grandiose as others at the show, but it did sound more natural/organic, not contrived, put-on with exaggerated sonic elements to get one's attention. This was great audio!

Great job Bryston!

Ernie Fisher
Inner Ear Magazine.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #18 on: 2 Nov 2016, 11:02 am »

BRYSTON BAX-1 Digital Electronic Crossover

I ended up making it to the show on Sunday.

The Bryston room had their Model T speaker running with their new digital crossover. Triamped.

The digital crossover has their discrete input circuitry and their discrete output circuitry. Which automatically puts it a step beyond all other digital crossovers I've dealt with.

This combo ended up being one of the best sounds at the show.

I (currently) personally do not like digital crossovers, at all, as none of them are close enough to being done right. Until now.

This is the closest I've heard yet, when compared to analog/passive that is done right.

Teo Audio

Samurai7595

« Reply #19 on: 2 Nov 2016, 11:09 am »

It's great that UHF likes Bryston gear but they are a useless organization.

I've approached them to re-terminate my speaker cables and when I received them, two of the banana connectors fell off as I was taking the speaker cables out of the box.

Plus a friend of mine emailed them 3 times concerning some items he wanted to purchase from them but never got any replies.

:evil: