$1K SS Phono Stage? Work in progress...

GregC

Re: $1K SS Phono Stage? Work in progress...
« Reply #20 on: 5 Jul 2017, 05:06 pm »
Hi Dan,

I was just pinging you to see if any progress has been made.  Would there be the possibility of dual outputs?

Thanks,
Greg

modwright

« Reply #21 on: 5 Jul 2017, 06:16 pm »
Hi, progress, but not a concrete product yet. Looking at discrete + op-amp circuits as well as fully discrete op-amp circuits. I will keep in mind, the dual inputs.

Thank you,

Dan

mix4fix

• Volunteer
  • I reject your music, and substitute my own.
« Reply #22 on: 18 Aug 2018, 08:25 pm »
Do you have a picture of what it would look like?

modwright

« Reply #23 on: 19 Aug 2018, 12:45 am »
Not really to be honest.  The PH 9.0 took over priority, at the < $3K all tube design range.

In the interest of efficiency, I could see possibly using the same base enclosure for the $1K model but with a simpler face plate and controls.  If so, it would be 10"Wx10"Dx4"H. PS may or may not be external, depending on how quiet I can make it.

Thanks,

Dan

Yomaha

« Reply #24 on: 28 Sep 2018, 08:33 pm »
sorry...wrong thread...too many tabs open...feel free to delete.

mix4fix

• Volunteer
« Reply #25 on: 29 Oct 2019, 06:26 am »
Progress?

modwright

« Reply #26 on: 29 Oct 2019, 05:00 pm »
Not recently, no. The PH 9.0 has sold VERY well for us this year and I am still considering a design at closer to $1K - $1500. I suppose $1K would be ideal

I would like for it to be a hybrid design and I have ideas, but time has not been on my side.

Yes it is still going to happen, but I have to finish the two new amp designs and make sure their launch to production is 100% successful first.

Thank you,

Dan

mix4fix

• Volunteer
« Reply #27 on: 29 Oct 2019, 06:15 pm »
Not recently, no. The PH 9.0 has sold VERY well for us this year and I am still considering a design at closer to $1K - $1500. I suppose $1K would be ideal

I would like for it to be a hybrid design and I have ideas, but time has not been on my side.

Yes it is still going to happen, but I have to finish the two new amp designs and make sure their launch to production is 100% successful first.

Thank you,

Dan

Shopping for a phono right now.

:cry:

modwright

« Reply #28 on: 29 Oct 2019, 06:35 pm »
Sorry the best we can do right now is a good price on a PH 9.0, but it won't be $1K.

Thanks,

Dan

modwright

« Reply #29 on: 29 Oct 2019, 06:36 pm »
If you are good with SS, check out Channel Island Audio's $1K offering! I understand it is quite good!

Thanks,

Dan