BRYSTON BDP-1/2 FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS THREAD

gtaphile

Re: BRYSTON BDP-1/2 FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #1120 on: 16 Oct 2016, 02:41 pm »
Chris,

Is there a tutorial on integrating Tidal with BDP-2?

The firmware is up to date.

Thanks 
Gary

docder

« Reply #1121 on: 21 Oct 2016, 08:39 pm »
.... and the BOT-1 works excellently with the BDP-1, too, as ripper and CD player.

docder

Rocket

« Reply #1122 on: 22 Oct 2016, 12:49 am »
Hi Chris,

I can't even figure out how to update the firmware on my BDP-1.  Fantastic product though and I"m really happy with it.

Cheers Rod

zoom25

« Reply #1123 on: 24 Oct 2016, 06:42 pm »
Do you guys leave your BDP-1/2 on at all times (excluding when going away for a long time)?

In Canada, it's finally starting to get cold and my audio gear is near windows and so the gear never gets too warm to touch. It's barely warm throughout winter. In summer, it's another story. Wanted to hear if you guys change your habits seasonally, or leave on 24/7/365, or turn off when not in use?

Krutsch

« Reply #1124 on: 24 Oct 2016, 08:15 pm »
Do you guys leave your BDP-1/2 on at all times (excluding when going away for a long time)?

I leave everything on, all the time, except for my headphone amp - it has tubes.

Spyman

« Reply #1125 on: 24 Oct 2016, 08:21 pm »
I usually turn mine off every night.

OTM

« Reply #1126 on: 24 Oct 2016, 09:14 pm »
Similar location, and usually leave on unless a hot summer day (now coming to an end)

CanadianMaestro

• Restricted
  • Skepticism is the engine of progress
    • Hearing Everything That Nothing Can Measure
« Reply #1127 on: 25 Oct 2016, 12:40 pm »

In Canada, it's finally starting to get cold and my audio gear is near windows and so the gear never gets too warm to touch. It's barely warm throughout winter. In summer, it's another story. Wanted to hear if you guys change your habits seasonally, or leave on 24/7/365, or turn off when not in use?

BDP-1 on
everything else off til 1 hr before listening, especially my 14B2 which eats power when idle!

Pundamilia

« Reply #1128 on: 26 Oct 2016, 02:36 am »
I have everything plugged into a power conditioner which I normally leave OFF. When I am ready to listen to music, I flip one switch to tun the whole works ON. If I am listening with headphones, I will turn the 4B3c off.

CanadianMaestro

• Restricted
« Reply #1129 on: 26 Oct 2016, 01:20 pm »
I have everything plugged into a power conditioner which I normally leave OFF. When I am ready to listen to music, I flip one switch to tun the whole works ON. If I am listening with headphones, I will turn the 4B3c off.

Does this turn on your power amp last? Could be in for some nasty "pops" if the power amp flips on before the preamp and sources..... :o

Pundamilia

« Reply #1130 on: 26 Oct 2016, 02:26 pm »
I know what you are talking about as I had that problem with some old equipment many years ago, where  you could hear loud (bad?) pops through the speaker when the power amp turned on. I don't have this problem now, as the power conditioner allows me to set a delay on the power amp so that so that it does come on last. I think that there is already a delay built into the power amp (Bryston 4B3) power-up sequence so that it always comes on last, since it does seem to take longer than the other components to go through its cycle (irrespective of the power conditioner delay).

zoom25

« Reply #1131 on: 29 Oct 2016, 04:36 am »
I've been leaving it on as well along with my class D amp. Sounds better and convenient as well. I also appreciate the green LEDs more at night. I cannot do blue anymore. As an Emotiva owner, this is overdone. They are possibly the worst along its red at killing in your eyes in darkness.

alexone

• Anthony Bower, Stan Rybbert, John Stoneborough
« Reply #1132 on: 29 Oct 2016, 07:44 pm »
...BDP-1 & BDA-1 on 24/7, everything else (BCD-1, BP 26, SP 2, BP 1.5, 3B SST², 875 HT) off.

al.

Pundamilia

« Reply #1133 on: 29 Oct 2016, 08:25 pm »
Does anyone know if attached disk drives (internal or external) spin down when the BDP-x goes to sleep?

CanadianMaestro

• Restricted
« Reply #1134 on: 29 Oct 2016, 11:02 pm »
Does anyone know if attached disk drives (internal or external) spin down when the BDP-x goes to sleep?

Not sure. My external drives are plugged into a powered hub that draws power from the wall, not from BDP-1. The drives seem silent even when playing music..... :thumb:

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #1135 on: 30 Oct 2016, 02:07 am »

The BDP doesn't really have a traditional sleep mode, however most if not all drives do spin down after certain amount of inactivity.

Cheers
Chris

zoom25

« Reply #1136 on: 30 Oct 2016, 02:11 am »
The BDP doesn't really have a traditional sleep mode, however most if not all drives do spin down after certain amount of inactivity.

Cheers
Chris

Yes, this is what I've also found with my various external portable hard drives (Western Digital). They'll slow down quite a bit. This can be felt by touching the hard drive enclosure. Also, it can be observed when you want to resume music after a long time and it will play immediately for half a second as that was stored in the memory, but then there's a pause for about 3 seconds where the hard drive kick backs in and the music resumes.

Bso888

« Reply #1137 on: 2 Nov 2016, 01:00 am »
I have the bdp-1 USB connects to the bda2. Can anyone help how I can play the dsd file as dop. I have tried all means but doesn't work.

Thks

alinto

« Reply #1138 on: 2 Nov 2016, 04:19 am »
Did you follow the instructions in the manic moose manual under audio device? That was my problem.

Bso888

« Reply #1139 on: 2 Nov 2016, 12:46 pm »
Yes. I have followed the instructions. Put a tick beside bda2 and hit Apply. The bdp1 plays the dsd file but no sound comes out. Do I kiss anything or bda2 not support dsd.