Almico Monitor

Dsaldivar

Almico Monitor
« on: 21 Apr 2015, 01:42 am »
Hi everyone!
I will get a pair of alnico super monitors by Friday. I have a Musical Paradise EL34 6 w/c. Will 6 watts be enough power foe these speakers?
is it 93 db efficiency really an accurate measurement or something like that?
I have a 12X11 ft room.
Thanks,
Dan

pstrisik

• Holding pattern in Audio Nirvana in the PNW!
Re: Almico Monitor
« Reply #1 on: 21 Apr 2015, 02:17 am »
Hi everyone!
I will get a pair of alnico super monitors by Friday. I have a Musical Paradise EL34 6 w/c. Will 6 watts be enough power foe these speakers?
I have a 12X11 ft room.
Thanks,
Dan

Hi Dan,  Welcome  :wave:  and congratulations on your Omega's to be.  I have 93db Omega Alnicos, but they are the RS-7A (A for 'Alnicos') that Louis made only briefly.  In terms of efficiency they are, for all intents and purposes, the same.  I drive mine with a 5 watt single ended pentode amp (currently 6V6 power tubes).  It is enough for my ~25' x 27' room, so I wouldn't sweat it a bit with a smaller room and one more watt than me.  :thumb:

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
« Reply #2 on: 21 Apr 2015, 03:03 am »
Dan,

Congratulations! Come back periodically with updates and impressions. I like to read people's thoughts.

Mind you, I don't own Omegas nor have I even heard them, but....I will be in CanadaRob's showroom in almost exactly two weeks.  :banana piano: I'll hear three different models.

Michael

Wind Chaser

« Reply #3 on: 21 Apr 2015, 03:54 am »
I will be in CanadaRob's showroom in almost exactly two weeks.

Hey Michael,

I live about 30 minutes north of Canada Rob. If you'd like to hear another rig, more on the cheap and cheerful side, your welcome to come on by.

John.

Canada Rob

• Industry Participant
    • Industry Participant
« Reply #4 on: 21 Apr 2015, 05:15 am »
Hi everyone!
I have a 12X11 ft room.
Thanks,
Dan
Hi Dan,
I run mine on 2 watts with ease and my room is 13' x 17'.

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
« Reply #5 on: 21 Apr 2015, 06:47 am »
Hey Michael,

I live about 30 minutes north of Canada Rob. If you'd like to hear another rig, more on the cheap and cheerful side, your welcome to come on by.

John.

Hi, John!

I didn't know you were in that neck of the woods...er...plains. I'll be in Kelowna for three nights 5/2 till 5/5 checking the sights and meeting Captainhemo. Have you met? On the fifth, we'll drive south to CR's showroom. Hang an AC flag outside your house and I'll stop by for a quick hello. (My dear wife doesn't enjoy our hobby nearly as much as we do, ya know?)

I'll PM you tomorrow with more details.

Michael

Wind Chaser

« Reply #6 on: 22 Apr 2015, 06:20 pm »
Micheal,

No plains and not much flat land around here. Where I live, it's a valley with a lake between to mountains.

Haven't met the Captain, but May 5 is a Tuesday and I should be home.

John