SACD ripping using a PS3

Holm

Re: SACD ripping using a PS3
« Reply #300 on: 17 Nov 2014, 04:04 pm »
Try this link; I had it bookmarked :)
http://www.rendu.sonore.us/apps2.html

Hello,

unfortunately, this links doesn't work anymore...

It's strange because this one works fine : http://www.rendu.sonore.us/software.html
But none of the 3 links inside this page works...
Does anyone know if the location has changed ?

edit : foud it here : http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=129913.msg1373112#new

Phil A

« Reply #301 on: 17 Nov 2014, 04:18 pm »

Phil A

« Reply #302 on: 17 Nov 2014, 04:20 pm »
Just tried it (already downloaded it previously and unzipped the files) and the zip file comes right up in the link in my previous post.  I used it for the first time yesterday extracting B, S & T 'Child is Father to the Man' (although have not listened to the DSD file yet).

gdbalp

« Reply #303 on: 14 Dec 2014, 03:23 am »
Hi Ted,

Nothing yet.  I would not hold my breath.  Instead pay the $100 and have it done via hardware.

I have recently acquired a PS3 - CECHA..., but running 4.66 for the firmware.

How and where do you get the hardware to allow jailbreak and downgrading to 3.55 firmware?

Regards, Lou

ted_b

• Facilitator
  • "we're all bozos on this bus" F.T.
« Reply #304 on: 14 Dec 2014, 03:45 am »
try Jason at northeastohiopcs.  He frequents this forum.

gdbalp

« Reply #305 on: 14 Dec 2014, 10:08 pm »
Great, Jason has already replied to my request...Thanks..

leftside

« Reply #306 on: 12 Jan 2015, 06:27 pm »
Hi

Just wanted to say I'm glad I found this forum. There is some great info here. I'll be obtaining a DSD DAC soon, and I want to rip my 70 or so SACD's so I can play them from my PC. I already use JRiver and have a lot of spare disk space.

I think I might have found a compatible PS3. It is a CECHE01 with an already jailbroken CFW - Rogero 4.50, but if I understand correctly, I should be able to downgrade this to a 3.55 O/S. Not 100% sure what 3.55 O/S I require, but I'll reread some of the posts on here and do a little more investigation.

leftside

« Reply #307 on: 13 Jan 2015, 08:07 pm »
Can I install the SACD-ripper software onto Rogero 3.55?

windhoek

• Live life like you're gonna die, cos you're gonna!
« Reply #308 on: 23 Jan 2015, 05:55 pm »
Over the last month or two, I've came across three SACDs that won't rip (probably about 3 fails in 150 rips). I don't recall details of the first two, but the one that wouldn't rip today is Bruckner's 7th by the Berlin PO/ Gunter Wand. Below is a link to it @ sa-cd.net for more info.
http://www.sa-cd.net/showtitle/4196

Fwiw, all of the discs that have failed to rip were brand new, so I'm now concerned my PS3 is nearing the end of its life. I wonder though, has anyone else ever had failed rips? Oh, and when the discs are inserted, the OSD reads something like disc not recognised as an SACD and the PS3 freezes and doesn't respond until after a soft-kill reboot. Somewhat bizarrely, I tried to rip another SACD later on and I'm pleased to say it was successful (I then tried the first disc, but still nothing), so the PS3's still working, but so far, just not with those three discs.

Phil A

« Reply #309 on: 23 Jan 2015, 07:11 pm »
Over the last month or two, I've came across three SACDs that won't rip (probably about 3 fails in 150 rips). I don't recall details of the first two, but the one that wouldn't rip today is Bruckner's 7th by the Berlin PO/ Gunter Wand. Below is a link to it @ sa-cd.net for more info.
http://www.sa-cd.net/showtitle/4196

Fwiw, all of the discs that have failed to rip were brand new, so I'm now concerned my PS3 is nearing the end of its life. I wonder though, has anyone else ever had failed rips? Oh, and when the discs are inserted, the OSD reads something like disc not recognised as an SACD and the PS3 freezes and doesn't respond until after a soft-kill reboot. Somewhat bizarrely, I tried to rip another SACD later on and I'm pleased to say it was successful (I then tried the first disc, but still nothing), so the PS3's still working, but so far, just not with those three discs.

I just looked - don't have that version of Bruckner's 7th (have others) but I remember having a problem with Getz Gilberto (but it was a long time ago).

windhoek

« Reply #310 on: 23 Jan 2015, 07:25 pm »
Thanks Phil, it looks like there's gremlins on some SACDs rather than ISO images !

ted_b

• Facilitator
« Reply #311 on: 23 Jan 2015, 07:38 pm »
I have Wand's 8th ripped, but don't have his 7th.  I have all the Get/Gibertos ripped (Verve, etc).

windhoek

« Reply #312 on: 23 Jan 2015, 07:46 pm »
I have Wand's 8th ripped, but don't have his 7th.  I have all the Get/Gibertos ripped (Verve, etc).

Do you not have the 7th because you don't have the disc or because your disc also failed to rip?

Phil A

« Reply #313 on: 23 Jan 2015, 07:49 pm »
From memory I may have also had a problem with an Anne-Sophie Mutter (Beethoven) disc too.  But again it was a long time ago.

ted_b

• Facilitator
« Reply #314 on: 23 Jan 2015, 07:58 pm »
Do you not have the 7th because you don't have the disc or because your disc also failed to rip?

Don't own the disc.  I have only two discs that have never ripped (of the over 2k I have ripped) and those were my first copy of RCA Living Stereo Munch's Saint-Saens Symph 3 (I think it was mislabeled, all the way to the disc label).  My later copy was fine.  The other is Julia Fischer (Pentatone) Russian Violin Concertos.  Weird, huh.  I also think it is mislabeled. 

windhoek

« Reply #315 on: 23 Jan 2015, 08:01 pm »
thanks Ted, it looks like there's just some discs that won't rip and that's that. The upside however, is it looks like it's nothing to do with my PS3, so hopefully there's life in it yet :)

windhoek

« Reply #316 on: 2 Feb 2015, 04:47 pm »
I think my PS3's in trouble because it failed to eject a disc earlier and although I followed a YouTube video on how to do it manually (by taking the hood off etc), it no longer loads discs properly. It can take a disc in and eject it, but it just doesn't engage the part that makes the PS3 read the disc. These PS3s are old and fragile and it looks like today's the day mine realised that!

If I can't get it going, I might try to find a replacement BD drive and simply swap drives because it turns out opening up a PS3 to access the BD drive is easy, but if neither of those options are achievable, I'm back to square one, damn! :)

ted_b

• Facilitator

windhoek

« Reply #318 on: 2 Feb 2015, 05:18 pm »
Or jump in Mr Wicked's new fund raiser to build an external USB BD drive that rips SACDs.  $250.
http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f6-dac-digital-analog-conversion/funding-making-sacd-ripping-available-through-universal-serial-bus-industry-standard-cables-connectors-and-communications-protocols-between-computers-and-electronic-devices-22124/

thanks Ted, I didn't know such a project was underway. I'll have another bash at getting the drive to work and take it from there :)

leftside

« Reply #319 on: 2 Feb 2015, 06:44 pm »