hdtracks download manager does not work? No response from HDtracks....

Marius

Hi,

Bought the Miles Davis TuTu album on HDtracks but the download manager keeps giving me trouble:

I tried it on my Macbook,  and windows7 pc, wireless and wired, rebooted, deleted unfinished files and wrote to HDtracks. They don't answer, and I am lost for words here, why is this not working? Please can anyone help?

Thanks for that,
Marius

rockn

I'm having the same problem. Sent a email yesterday, and still haven't heard back

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
HD tracks is worthless.

Sigh... Yet I still use them.

-Pez from Tyson's computer. :thumb:

Atlplasma

• Just off the boat
I bought three albums a couple of weeks ago, and it took me three days to complete the download. I probably stop and restarted the download process a dozen times. From reading different comments, it appears that some of the issue could be on my end. (Thank you, Comcast!) The connection becomes congested and the downloaded slows to a crawl or stops completely. Other users suggested that HDTracks was relying on a clunky download tool, but I have no idea if that's true or not.

Marius

It seems it has nothing to do with congestion. As a test I downloaded 3 operas from Hyperion and 2 high res downloads from Linn-recordings: without a problem whatsoever.

Hdtracks really has a terrible service going there.

Guess I have to get my money back and never buy from them again?

:-((

Marius

targa02

I have actually had great service/luck with HD Tracks downloading.  Some of the downloads themselves have been mediocre in sound quality and some quite good, but the speed and service of actually downloading has been satisfactory.

Marius

Well, there's a lot of complaining about this exact same error in other downloads so something's wrong definitely. Hdtracks just wrote to me and they will sort it out after the weekend, they're closed in the weekend.

Will let you know the outcome. In the meantime enjoying my other downloads....

Marius

firedog

They have a help/FAQ pages on the site. It has some suggestions for getting their download tool to work.

In my case it involved deleting a cache file from java; after I did that it worked.

Try their list of suggestions, probably one of them will work.

If you really can't get it to work, ask them to send you direct download links for the files (i.e., not using their downloader). They can do this. They did it for me when I downloaded a file that was corrupted after the download.

When you write them, include the order number in your subject and ask them for direct links to the files from your order.

Marius

Hi,
Already checked their FAQ, but asking for the direct links is a good idea, I will do that, thanks!

Marius

They have a help/FAQ pages on the site. It has some suggestions for getting their download tool to work.

In my case it involved deleting a cache file from java; after I did that it worked.

If you really can't get it to work, ask them to send you direct download links for the files (i.e., not using their downloader). They can do this. They did it for me when I downloaded a file that was corrupted after the download.

When you write them, include the order number in your subject and ask them for direct links to the files from your order.

Marius

do you remember what file in the java cache you had to delete?

firedog

No, I actually don't.

Did you look also at the help page: https://www.hdtracks.com/index.php?file=staticpage&pagename=help

there are several problem solving suggestions there.

Marius

Sure,

but nothing mentioned could help. Reading all the complaints on the internet is seems their download manager is not up to todays standards of reliability....

Hope they'll be back tomorrow and give me the direct links.

Thanks,
Marius

No, I actually don't.

Did you look also at the help page: https://www.hdtracks.com/index.php?file=staticpage&pagename=help

there are several problem solving suggestions there.

Marius

got a reply from Hdtracks: their upload seems to be corrupted, a second person seems to have the exact same problem, and they'll report when the download is restored. So far it is not...

Funny thing is that the overall progress meter shows the download to be finished after the second song. far form being finished, but it explains why the download won't go beyond the second track,

Hope Hdtracks repairs this in the near future...I only have two songs to enjoy now, for 24,98 $

Marius

rockn

Mine finally worked, except on one track i only got  half of the song. They emailed me that same track & i downloaded it & still got half of it! Guess I'll wait until they fix their site.   

rbbert

I wouldn't be surprised if they offer you a free download from their catalog if you've had this much trouble.

Marius

Nope, no free download.
But my copy of Miles Davis' TuTu was downloaded fine after HDtracks restored/repaired their files. even then 1 file was corrupted, and they gave me the direct download link. All in all a lot of trouble, which I hope is not standard business for Hdtracks.

Thanks,
Marius

I wouldn't be surprised if they offer you a free download from their catalog if you've had this much trouble.

firedog

Nope, no free download.
But my copy of Miles Davis' TuTu was downloaded fine after HDtracks restored/repaired their files. even then 1 file was corrupted, and they gave me the direct download link. All in all a lot of trouble, which I hope is not standard business for Hdtracks.

Thanks,
Marius

Unfortunately problems with files and downloads seem a frequent occurrence with them. The do seem to eventually straighten them out, but it seems they have never figured out how to have quality controls in place BEFORE they place a download for sale on their site.

rbbert

In fairness to HDTracks, all download sites have had occasional problems.  They are more often reported from HDTracks, which may indicate a bigger problem or may just reflect their higher profile.  Plus we probably lump all complaints together in our minds, so the fact that only HDTracks offers so much poorly recorded and mastered material (which generates a LOT of complaints) might make it seem that they have more technical problems than they actually do.

gregcss

Does anyone know if this has been resolved? I'm looking to make my very first Hi Rez music download purchase and want it to go smoothly.

I'm looking at Beck - Sea Change or Rush - Moving Pictures. Since I already have the regular Sea Change CD I'll probably go with Rush.

Marius

it finally worked out, after a lot of emailing back and forth. Appeared my download to be file of TuTu was corrupted, and HDtracks had to repair that. Eventually they did, one last file still giving trouble. I then got the direct download link to it and it all ended alright. took a lot of trouble though. I must say I never experienced any of this on all other (hires) downloads.

More importantly, I can not say to be completely convinced of the sound quality of the hires TuTu, as compared to my own CD-Rip. Tried to evaluate both in Audacity, but find that still to be quite unsatisfactory in resolving those issues.

I let it rest after that.

Thanks,
Marius