I have been out a lot this week and a Gary Dodd update.

Danny Richie

I am doing the best I can to play catch up.

I have made two trips to Dallas this week. One with a 24 foot enclosed trailer and one with an 18 foot long flat bed. I have been moving all of Gary Dodd's stuff to storage. And it has been a lot to move. Yesterday's trip hauled about three to four thousand pounds of transformers and parts. Then the following day I would spend that much time again unloading it all into one of my forty foot containers. So I am beat. Plus I still have yesterday's load to unload later today....

Gary is temporarily moving into an apartment in the Dallas area. He is needing to stay close to the doctors and hospital. His problem right now is his blood is too thin and it is causing some internal bleeding. He is very concerned about it all right now.

If they can get his blood regulated and he recovers from this episode then it is likely that he may come stay here with me and my family for a while. We will then start down the road of getting him back on his feet.

Gary is also struggling with some memory loss and has been struggling with it since the big heart surgery. It could be that his brain didn't get the oxygen that it needed during surgery or it could be due to high levels of morphine that he was on for about a month following the surgery.

He knows there are people that he owes product to and some have even paid for something to be built. Unfortunately Gary can not recall who they are or what they ordered. When he forgets something I can reminding him of it and talk to him about it and then he begins to recall it, but accessing those memories on his own is pretty tough.

Gary would like to get everyone taken care of but it will take some time. Once I get him here under the care of my family then we will try to help him set up shop here and start building out the products that were ordered. 

So if you are one of those people that Gary owes something to then please send me an e-mail detailing everything. When he is capable again I will do whatever I can to help him fill those orders. As of right now I think his knowledge and know how to design and build is still fine.

Please be patient with Gary and please understand that this has set me a little behind this week. I managed to still get orders out, but have not had the time to work on some projects that I need to work on. Hang in there.

I also must leave out of here Sunday to take my daughter back to college. I won't be back until late Tuesday. Someone will be here to answer the phone but only to take messages or shoot burglars. I will try to check e-mails and AC from the road in the evenings.

I hope that after all of that things can get back to normal around here for a while. Please bear with me.

Rivalaudio

Re: I have been out a lot this week and a Gary Dodd update.
« Reply #1 on: 15 Aug 2014, 04:04 pm »
Thanks for the update Danny, keep us posted and God bless.

Peter J

• Hmmmm
« Reply #2 on: 15 Aug 2014, 04:31 pm »
Dang, Danny, I'm sorry to hear of Gary's continuing challenges...he's dealt with plenty already it seems. Bless you for being a good friend when he needs one, sounds like you and yours are the very definition of genuine caring.

As far as "baring" with you, I'll have to give that some thought, but have no problem bearing with you. Maybe I'm a prude... :)

Hank

• http://www.geocities.com/hankbond1/index
« Reply #3 on: 15 Aug 2014, 04:35 pm »
GOD bless you for being Gary's angel, Danny.  If some final assembly needs to be done to Dodd products, I'll volunteer my time, workbench and solder station.

Captainhemo

« Reply #4 on: 15 Aug 2014, 04:48 pm »
Man,  I  was hoping that things had been going better for Gary in the last  little while, still sounding pretty tough. Let's hope they can get the blood thinners sorted out  and that  it improves soon.  Hang in there Gary and stay strong
Hats off to you Danny,  having close friends  stand by you through these difficult times  is more improtant than a lot of people know,  I'm sure it means the world to Gary.

Hang in there guys
-jay

chip

« Reply #5 on: 15 Aug 2014, 04:50 pm »
Wow Danny now that is going the extra mile! Hope things go well and hope people can be patient during these tough times.

ebag4

« Reply #6 on: 15 Aug 2014, 04:51 pm »
You're a good person Danny, Gary is lucky to have you as a friend.

We will keep Gary in our thoughts and prayers.

Best,
Ed

Danny Richie

« Reply #7 on: 15 Aug 2014, 04:55 pm »
As far as "baring" with you, I'll have to give that some thought, but have no problem bearing with you. Maybe I'm a prude... :)

Agh, my brain hurts, but thanks for the help.

woodsyi

• Volunteer
  • Always Look on the Bright Side of Life!
« Reply #8 on: 15 Aug 2014, 05:56 pm »
You are a good man, Danny.  I really hope Gary can pull though. 

I knew when I paid for my phono stage order, that  I may never see it built.  But he was in need of something to do to make ends meet before the big procedure.  He was excited to work with Duelund caps and I understand he was burning them in at some point.  I can get to the end of the line and let others get their orders first.  Let's hope he gets a chance to finish mine.  My prayers are with you, Gary.

Danny Richie

« Reply #9 on: 15 Aug 2014, 06:18 pm »
You are a good man, Danny.  I really hope Gary can pull though. 

I knew when I paid for my phono stage order, that  I may never see it built.  But he was in need of something to do to make ends meet before the big procedure.  He was excited to work with Duelund caps and I understand he was burning them in at some point.  I can get to the end of the line and let others get their orders first.  Let's hope he gets a chance to finish mine.  My prayers are with you, Gary.

Send me an e-mail letting me know what you sent him, paid him, and everything. The parts might be in what I picked up yesterday.

dlparker

• Dave Parker - KC, MO
    • DontKnowNuthinBoutNoComputers
« Reply #10 on: 15 Aug 2014, 11:16 pm »
I hope that after all of that things can get back to normal around here for a while. Please bear with me.

Normal? What's that?

Family first, then friends, then do what ya gotta do! Hoping for the best for all concerned!

mlundy57

• Industry Participant
« Reply #11 on: 16 Aug 2014, 12:10 am »
Good luck to all. Hope everything works out for the best.

Mike

LTCase

« Reply #12 on: 16 Aug 2014, 01:48 am »
Danny (and other concerned members),

Would it be worth reviving and/or starting another thread where we could donate money or gear to help Gary and you through this? I would be willing to donate to the cause. Even though I've only had Gary's amps and preamp for a short time I have already been blessed beyond words by his and your thoughtful craftsmanship and would jump at the opportunity to give back to him and you in some capacity.

Cheers,
Brandon
« Last Edit: 16 Aug 2014, 03:04 am by LTCase »

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #13 on: 16 Aug 2014, 02:39 am »
Danny, you've taken on a lot.  Why not post ideas how we can assist YOU in your support of Gary?

If your daughter is out of state, surely there's an AC member nearby that can be an on-site "parent" for her.  Just as you are doing for Gary. 

forkliftHIFI

• Will forklift for Hi-Fi!
« Reply #14 on: 16 Aug 2014, 06:01 am »
Prayers for all involved.  Hang in there!   

Guy 13

« Reply #15 on: 16 Aug 2014, 12:14 pm »
Hi Danny.
Not much I can do from planet Vietnam,
except to say that you are a good man
for doing what you are doing for Gary.  :thumb:
I admire your generosity.

Guy 13

prokennex

« Reply #16 on: 16 Aug 2014, 12:21 pm »
You're a good man Danny. All the best to you and Gary.

2bigears

« Reply #17 on: 16 Aug 2014, 03:24 pm »
 :D.  Prayers for Gary and what a good friend you are Danny. The world thanks you for being so nice. A friend in need has a friend indeed.  :D

Danny Richie

« Reply #18 on: 20 Aug 2014, 02:30 pm »
I just got back from Tennessee and have a huge load ahead of me now. I will work on orders all day today and then will get back to e-mails and messages after all the orders have been shipped. So please hang in there.

sfox7076

« Reply #19 on: 10 Sep 2014, 12:18 am »
How is Gary doing?  Any update?